Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Do we have any responsibility? My own feeling is yes. Imo, we aren't here to harm each other and that statement was made. I was referring to something we were told and now know.

In the act given people know they are taking advantage, and not in a good way. I emphasize acting negative knowingly and the knowledge of it. I was thinking choosing important. If I tell a person they are doing something that say hurts me, they now know. Even aware, it is still done? There is the opportunity to choose in this relationship that exists. I sometimes think that is the purpose seen in relationship or seeing in them. There is a lot of synchronicity and people in our path. The opportunity to change. I don't think we should ignore the knowledge end of it.

None
It's really all about relationships, and when you begin to understand that it all changes. So when you've told that person that they're hurting you, it says something about them. At the same time it says so much about you. If all you focus on is the hurt, what does that say about you?

The bottom line if there is one is that this is a Journey to Self, and others are put in our Path to help us realise who and what we are. If we concentrate on the 'you done me wrong' part then what does that say about us? Often behaviour is a method of communication, so what are you listening to?
Old 24-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Interesting question. Some people fall into the assumption that our life purpose is tied to a career or skill, I know I did, but that isn't always the case. I can't say I had a clear idea growing up but I did have a feeling I was meant to do something important. As I reached my teens I started to gravitate towards psychology because I had a knack for helping people and a desire to help but when it came time to go off to college for the degree I had a strong forboding it would destroy me. I really thought it was the right path and in my wheel house but had to change direction because the forboding felt ominous. Merely because I had a strong personal aversion to math and business I ended up going into a creative field, video. I never truly felt it was in my wheel house but landed a good job in a field where jobs are difficult to come by so I went with it.

Turns out I am more of a creative dreamer than a mathematical analytic so I was working in my wheel house But I always felt I wasn't living up to some ideal I thought I was supposed to be. A part of me felt I failed in life. Maybe it goes back to that feeling that I was meant to do something important and I didn't think video was important enough. I'm not sure but I was caught up in the idea that my career was my purpose until a life crisis showed me that working on myself was the top priority for my soul. Somewhere along the line I developed some very misguided ideas about myself and life and I was in a subconscious state of rejecting the human experience and especially rejecting myself. Until I sorted that out I was never going to be able to thrive in this world. And so though I thought my career was my purpose turns out it was working on myself to break past toxic thinking that had stalled my ability to progress any further in my soul journey. I have a feeling this goes back a few incarnations but maybe my next life purpose will involve a career. That said, I do believe it isn't do much what we do in life that matters but what we learn from our experiences that count. Each of us plays an integral part in helping others figure themselves out so in that regard our main purpose is to simply be human and play out our story because it moves us and everyone in our world forward.
Old 28-12-2018, 01:05 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I think, when we are ready, the main purpose in life is to realise our true nature.
Bingo. Except, I would say, True Nature**....
And what follows
after that is the key to the Magic Kingdom!!!!
All the love and power, wisdom and knowledge, joy and peace, glory and bliss, insights and Home.
This place is a dream...realizing (USA spelling) your True Nature is the big Enchilada...all else follows...as in,
getting out of the dream...that is our destiny.

** Synonymous with Seeking the Kingdom of Heaven first and all else will come. Primary purpose.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-02-2019, 09:23 PM
Master
lol these are all wonderful answers, thank you all! but I guess I should have shaped my question to inquire specifically about your life's purpose as it relates to something that you can make a tangible living from.. ie a career or business or whatever. I mean I of course think that life is about most else besides having a job, but I also believe that we should ultimately live and grow in a way that we end up able to do at least one of the things we love as a profitable business or endeavor. So it's more of a question about your dream job with purpose
Old 08-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Guide

Hi Sapphirez, my fellow Libra!!! Gosh, reading your initial post here sounds an awful lot like me. We really do have a lot of the same interests (helping people further than traditional counseling, essential oils, art, etc.) even the fashion design...not so much making t shirts for me but I would love to bring some femininity back to clothing nowadays, particularly because everything I buy I have to take to the tailors so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a tent, haha! But I can see your appreciation for art and nature and such and it's like I was reading about my own dreams there for a moment!

I do see how your question could've been taken both ways though, but I get where you're going.

As for me I always loved art and had a knack for different kinds of art, so a make up artist is what I set out to be. It led me down a few different paths, makeup for photography, bridal, fashion shows, and corporate but when my last position in corporate was cut and I began exploring spirituality, I no longer had an interest in going back into the field I was in my whole working life. With that said, I've been stuck. However I do know I want to be my own boss. Recently I got the idea to look into becoming a nutritionist. I figure I can incorporate other services into that for like a whole mind, body, spirit approach. For me it has been really tough asking myself that question, what's my purpose (job wise) and what am I here to create and share with people in a way I can make a living as well.

I really like Michelle11's response.
Old 16-03-2019, 03:08 AM
Master
Wow that's really cool you were able to flourish as a makeup artist Lucky! and that we have so much in common from the other things I mentioned lol.. I thought about being a makeup artist too actually, but didn't think I could get anywhere with it and wasn't sure if I could do others' that well or just my own hehe. I've loved makeup a lot though, painting rainbow patterns on the eyelids and stuff like that. Now I would rather create a makeup line that is natural though cuz unfortunately I could only bring myself to use most of the makeup I owned as art supplies on paper and not on my face anymore.. The idea of applying art to the face is just marvelous to me though. I barely wear makeup anymore but I used to never go out in public or let most people see me if I didn't at least have mascara on lol. not sure if I mentioned in my original post but one idea for a natural product would be a mascara or clear liquid to apply to eyelashes to make them grow stronger and longer, cuz apparently several oils do this amazingly. like 0o0oh la la lavender lullaby lash elixir or something lol. I suppose I have got to try it for myself and photograph my before and after like others have online so I can see how feasible it'd be. but in addition to essential oils, castor oil as the base carrier oil is an excellent lash amplifier. it's stickyish though so would be best applied for night time, hence the lullaby name

So you mention getting into becoming a nutritionist, has that led anywhere so far? well I am just fascinated you made makeup artistry a lifetime career already, I am sure you will succeed whatever you really want to do and try
Old 25-09-2019, 12:44 AM
Newbie ;)

I think the purpose of life differs from each individual. And if there is a purpose for us then it should take a lifetime to figure it out .......
/Simon
Old 29-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ..Space ( Time *) i (* Time ) Space....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigge88
I think the purpose of life differs from each individual. And if there is a purpose for us then it should take a lifetime to figure it out .......
/Simon

Fuller lays it fairly clearly for humans that is beyond all other animals --ex eat, sleep and sex---;

1} to harvest information,

2} to sort the information into catagories,

3} to winnow out and discover patterns and principles,

4} to apply what we have discovered to technoliges that support the integrity of Universe ---ergo God-- and our ecological environment that sustains biological/soul life.

Simple, not difficult to grasp

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 29-09-2019, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
Wow that's really cool you were able to flourish as a makeup artist Lucky! and that we have so much in common from the other things I mentioned lol.. I thought about being a makeup artist too actually, but didn't think I could get anywhere with it and wasn't sure if I could do others' that well or just my own hehe. I've loved makeup a lot though, painting rainbow patterns on the eyelids and stuff like that. Now I would rather create a makeup line that is natural though cuz unfortunately I could only bring myself to use most of the makeup I owned as art supplies on paper and not on my face anymore.. The idea of applying art to the face is just marvelous to me though. I barely wear makeup anymore but I used to never go out in public or let most people see me if I didn't at least have mascara on lol. not sure if I mentioned in my original post but one idea for a natural product would be a mascara or clear liquid to apply to eyelashes to make them grow stronger and longer, cuz apparently several oils do this amazingly. like 0o0oh la la lavender lullaby lash elixir or something lol. I suppose I have got to try it for myself and photograph my before and after like others have online so I can see how feasible it'd be. but in addition to essential oils, castor oil as the base carrier oil is an excellent lash amplifier. it's stickyish though so would be best applied for night time, hence the lullaby name

So you mention getting into becoming a nutritionist, has that led anywhere so far? well I am just fascinated you made makeup artistry a lifetime career already, I am sure you will succeed whatever you really want to do and try
Interesting insights as to who you are - very creative.

Thanks for sharing.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 30-09-2019, 02:20 AM
Master
I think I found my life's purpose. It's not glamorous or will it put my name in the history books or make me rich. It's just something I feel I need to do.