Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Master

Hi UntoldStories,

Life, and especially spiritual life is about the unique journey of each individual in eventually surrendering to God’s Will - not ‘fitting in’ to human convention, desire, and ignorance. This means that matter and life energy become the fully conscious instrument of Spirit in the physical; the unconditional divinization of a conditional ignorance.

Spirit and matter are ultimately one and the same, but in extreme differentiations that must be reconciled and unified in a dynamic truth consciousness which is the entire purpose of the Cosmic Creation - not a divided mutual exclusion of perverse choice by distorted emphasis. Historically that has been the case as a simple matter of emphasizing one dominant aspect or the other for the purpose of a thorough development, but this is now changing.

Neither are complete - the spiritual emphasis that ignores or excludes the physical which leads to a joyless warped asceticism and poverty, or the material emphasis that excludes the spiritual and perpetuates by re-formation, ‘solutions’ and 'wealth' that are merely re-formations of the same ignorance, the same problems leading to other kinds of poverty, destruction and suffering. One transforms self but leaves the world and leaves the world a mess. The other transforms the world (not necessarily in positive ways) but leaves the self a mess, and arguably therefore the world as well. Neither are sufficient by themselves, and this is the great revelation of our time. This phenomenon is what a large part of your dilemma consists, according to what you have written.

Western and Eastern are not inherently antithetical, but emphasize the 2 major aspects of existence - the material and the spiritual. These are not mutually exclusive because each is actually dependent on the other - as they are ultimately one and the same (Spirit is matter at its highest and matter is Spirit at its lowest) - and for full manifestation they must become universally integrated, which is the urgent need right now in our globalizing world. The opportunity represented by the possibility of this integration is of monumental import to the evolution of the entire planet and all its inhabitants.

One of the critical aspects is that the East has to integrate the material and commercial without disavowing and forsaking the valuable lessons it has developed over the centuries, and the West has to leverage its material efficiency into an assiduous pursuit of genuine wisdom - both difficult charges even if consciously recognized.

Suggest reading Sri Aurobindo, about his Integral Yoga.
Especially recommended: The Life Divine', and The Synthesis of Yoga’.

~ J

Last edited by Jyotir : 19-01-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 19-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Guide

Could spiritual teachings cause suffering and sadness?

A: misunderstood .... YES! mistranslated ..... YES! twisted on purpose to distort the meanings ....... YES~!

Correct Ones, properly EXPERIENCED brings proper UNDERSTANDINGS .......thus NO, impossible for TRUTH to cause suffering and sadness!

Now is a time for Discernment ....... INSIDE your own Consciousness is a SUPER-CONSCIOUS connection ........ now beginning to fire up after a long time waiting ....... Know the ANSWERS are directly available to you in silence~
Old 19-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Master

I've noticed you talk from the perspective of caring for others to. You look around and see all the pain out there for others.
Old 19-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Life, and especially spiritual life is about the unique journey of each individual in eventually surrendering to God’s Will - not ‘fitting in’ to human convention, desire, and ignorance. This means that matter and life energy become the fully conscious instrument of Spirit in the physical; the unconditional divinization of a conditional ignorance.

Spirit and matter are ultimately one and the same, but in extreme differentiations that must be reconciled and unified in a dynamic truth consciousness which is the entire purpose of the Cosmic Creation - not a divided mutual exclusion of perverse choice by distorted emphasis.

"God" created matter and energy creating human convention, desire, and ignorance. Why so, when we were already spirits and not physical?
Old 19-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
"God" created matter and energy creating human convention, desire, and ignorance. Why so, when we were already spirits and not physical?

Hi lemex,

Apparently God as undifferentiated Being, wanted to compassionately create from love, an infinite delight from the profusion of becoming and realizing that an ignorant multiplicity allows.

~ J
Old 19-01-2018, 06:21 PM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Ignorant
Listen to suggestives themes as a classified
adult, and you might learn something.

Why is it that way? ( why was ignorance a part )

Maybe ( because ) god believed ( in something
such as us ).
Old 19-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Listen to suggestives themes as a classified
adult, and you might learn something.

Why is it that way? ( why was ignorance a part )

Maybe ( because ) god believed ( in something
such as us ).

Hello boshy,

If I understand your comment correctly as you intend:

God believes in us because
God knows that we are God, part of God, inseparable from God.

We do not know this.
That is what means 'ignorant'...
= not knowing.

~ J
Old 19-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
If you want a bit of honesty, I consider myself to be extremely spiritually advanced yet I choose to indulge in the "dark side" as I call it. I don't feel guilt or shame, I enjoy the dark power and rush of things, however I also accept the karma that will come to me sooner or later as a result.

I agree with the thought you have made and something to think about. Human flaws. But one can be too dark can they not?

The question is pain and suffering, yes. One suddenly realizes, whether in the light or dark one feels pain and so in the dark one can to. But using karma as a tool is imo not the real answer but in having the wisdom to be able to suffer as one suffers in any state. One cannot should not be so concerned with the self and not include others in doing what is done.

Let's talk about the dark. Of course from our perspective. I look into the world (news) and on seeing suffering, freely admit in compassion and suffering I do not like what I see happening and yes feel pain, not for me but others. Sometimes there is too much dark. There are people creating this pain and they are in the dark side. It bothers me that karma is used and not public response to me this is darkness to, to be silent. I've spoken about energy before and the rush mentioned but it must be tempered. It is important to look at it from both sides, not just one. Here's the thing, though I enjoy something another may or may not because it affects them. To me the affect is important and am I forcing it on another.
Old 19-01-2018, 06:58 PM
boshy b. good

That's the fault, people hang on to dark intrigued. But, we can still get allong with that just
great, and it's probably not a nudge that doesn't accept the light such as ( such as It's ok ).

peace.
Old 19-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Suspended
Ascender

What J says