Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 07-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Master
Anyone here been to Findhorn?

Hi. Just wondering if anyone who logs onto this forum has been to the Findhorn Community, in Scotland. I so, what would you say about it?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
Hi. Just wondering if anyone who logs onto this forum has been to the Findhorn Community, in Scotland. I so, what would you say about it?
Whoa ! I just thought about that a week or so ago ... hadn't thought of it in years. I read a book about Findhord , 'The Magic of Findhorn' when I was a wee Willy around 1976, whenever that book came out . I'm on the wrong side of the 'pond' to just drop in.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Master
not been but saw a good docu on it many moons ago (theres a couple on youtube). struck me as both pretty cool and a little too starchildy. like meditating before any decision. i got the feeling they medittated before taking a pee. id be happy to visit and take what i can from it...theres treasure everywhere if you dig eh. some of it did make me feel uncomfortable though...some geezer was running a tree hugging workshop and had his legs wrapped round one saying how sexual it was...almost seemed like the tree was being abused.

they had some indian guru arrive, basically, looking for somewhere to set up a church and have followers...they handled him very well, or rather, the fella looking after his visit did. This was 10 year ago so maybe its different now

findhorn was also the topic for the last chapter in a book i read called "the secret life of nature"--about fae. it was interesting to read about how the community started and i do feel they were directed by advanced spiritual beings in the beginning. whether it all still has the same energy behind it i don't know. spirituality needed a push back then but now has some momentum.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."

Last edited by Arcturus : 07-09-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Experiencer

I haven't been but my 2 friends havem they spent a week there about 4 years back... They said it was actually quite expensive .. I think they paid about £400 each.. They said it was 'All found' including various substances... workshops too...
They felt it was a good experience and they learned a lot about alternative technology too... Sorry no idea how much it is now... or even if it is still operating... Best have a Google ...
Old 09-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Vaughn

i used to belong to an sister community here of Findhorn on Whidbey Island, WA. Very nature centered, grassroots, green, informed, sustainability, farming etc. oh and of course community centered.