Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
A jam session between 'resonating' musicians comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f0YcXNEQlo

Hi Davidsun,

Thanks for the link.

Can see the real enjoyment the musicians are having and fun to watch.

What comes to my mind is the dedication the players have to thier craft.
How each was inspired and inspiring the others. Through this able to create music and just let it flow.

Guess for me it has been grounding through the connections.
Going over and applying what has and is collected/learned.
Finding and noticing how it blends and ways to add my own notes to the song of life.

Music is a great reflection of this and can play on the emotions and bring people together.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Music is a great reflection of this and can play on the emotions and bring people together.
It muse-ic in our case!

Old 13-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
It muse-ic in our case!

Old 17-05-2018, 02:44 AM
Master
Hello,

Further reflections.

At times what may be considered a weed may spring up in the garden.

Was told once that a weed is simply that which is unwanted.

Suppose if one likes an orderly garden weeds will spring up and cause some distress.
An unplanned or unwanted invader of sorts. Threatening the wanted plants by taking nutrients and moisture away.

Some weeds if left unattended may overtake the garden. Growing taller and blocking out the light.

So, what can one do? Recongnized the weed. Pull it up before it takes full root.
Cut it down and clear it away, so that which is wanted may prosper and grow.

But, some may prefer a more wild/natural look. May discover what was once thought to be a weed, offers wonderful flowers and added scent. A seed blown in by the wind. At first unknown, unrecognized. Left to grow, perhaps out of couriosity found to be a great addition to garden.

What was thought a weed/unwanted becomes a welcomed guest. Helping to attract other visitors to the garden. Thus, the perspective of the garden expands.

So, the garden reflects and shows how I may open my mind and realize not all which may be thought unwanted holds a threat. Not all block out the light. Not all take away from another.

Sometime the unexpected/unknown can hold a gift that adds to the garden and opens the mind and senses to a new experience.

At times may need to clear away the clutter and open space for that which is desired to grow to prosper. While at other times may leave space for that which may blow in and give it time to reveal the gift it may hold and what it may attract.

Welcome insights and thoughts as always.
Old 18-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello,

Further reflections.

At times what may be considered a weed may spring up in the garden.

Was told once that a weed is simply that which is unwanted.

Suppose if one likes an orderly garden weeds will spring up and cause some distress.
An unplanned or unwanted invader of sorts. Threatening the wanted plants by taking nutrients and moisture away.

Some weeds if left unattended may overtake the garden. Growing taller and blocking out the light.

So, what can one do? Recongnized the weed. Pull it up before it takes full root.
Cut it down and clear it away, so that which is wanted may prosper and grow.

But, some may prefer a more wild/natural look. May discover what was once thought to be a weed, offers wonderful flowers and added scent. A seed blown in by the wind. At first unknown, unrecognized. Left to grow, perhaps out of couriosity found to be a great addition to garden.

What was thought a weed/unwanted becomes a welcomed guest. Helping to attract other visitors to the garden. Thus, the perspective of the garden expands.

So, the garden reflects and shows how I may open my mind and realize not all which may be thought unwanted holds a threat. Not all block out the light. Not all take away from another.

Sometime the unexpected/unknown can hold a gift that adds to the garden and opens the mind and senses to a new experience.

At times may need to clear away the clutter and open space for that which is desired to grow to prosper. While at other times may leave space for that which may blow in and give it time to reveal the gift it may hold and what it may attract.

Welcome insights and thoughts as always.
Hello Moonglow -

It makes sense that beings which bear and share Life 'supporting' 'fruit' would be more 'wanted' (hence synergically 'supported') by other aspects of Life, and that those which don't wouldn't be. And that the latter might be 'weeded' 'out' (by Life 'forces') so as to make 'room' for the growth that fit into the former category.

Jesus's wisdom-teachings come to mind this regard:

"The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit."

Given the possibility that people may 'change' (i.e. experience a 'conversion') I think it makes sense not to 'cull' the 'weedy' ones unless/until said choice becomes imperative.
Old 19-05-2018, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello Moonglow -

It makes sense that beings which bear and share Life 'supporting' 'fruit' would be more 'wanted' (hence synergically 'supported') by other aspects of Life, and that those which don't wouldn't be. And that the latter might be 'weeded' 'out' (by Life 'forces') so as to make 'room' for the growth that fit into the former category.

Jesus's wisdom-teachings come to mind this regard:

"The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit."

Given the possibility that people may 'change' (i.e. experience a 'conversion') I think it makes sense not to 'cull' the 'weedy' ones unless/until said choice becomes imperative.

Hello Davidsun,

At times can get tricky as to what may be considered "weedy".

As an evolving civilization and society globally and locally the landscape has been altered and changed (atleast on the surface). But, people seem to remain relatively the same. Meaning, most desire the basics of food, shelter, and being able to live life.

How this is to be done and how the basic needs (nutrition, shelter, clothing, and such), seem to have been altered by systems set up to determine how such is distributed and marketed.

This pulls us into self made and socially made divisions. Causing a sense of worthy and not worthy, IMO.

These thoughts have wondering as to what fruit have we (in general) cultivated and what fruit have been ignored or weakened.

True, at times it is obvious the threat and ways needed to reduce or alter its direction. But, are the roots looked at or truly removed or given strength (as the case may be).

Everything has purpose, so I have been told. What is wanted or not seems a judgement. Judgements are not bad in my opinion, but ways to evaluate. What are the evaluations based on? Are they by what one has been told or by what one notices needs nurturing, growth, and perhaps pruning? Bit of both?

So, yes faith, doing what one can to rise compassion, kindness, and dare say, love seem to bare the best fruit. Sometimes though may need to taste/ be aware of the bitter fruit in order to know the difference. So, brings the thought both seem to serve a purpose in ones growth.

As far as the collective growth or evolvement it seems to me to be more involved.

Perhaps Being once more in touch with nature and take notice of its synergy may help us bring unity with each other. Through this perhaps notice the unity with creation, God, or however one sense/feel that divinity. Just a thought that popped in.

The fruit given the most attention seems to be the one that prospers, bitter or sweet, atleast here on Earth, IMO.

This is just my expressions and thoughts that were brought to mind by what you present.

I just take it more broadly, perhaps, in regards to nature with in, with out, and all around. Which is not to detract away from Jesus' wisdom.

Thank you

Last edited by Moonglow : 19-05-2018 at 02:31 AM.
Old 19-05-2018, 04:10 AM
Master
Quote:
As far as the collective growth or evolvement it seems to me to be more involved.

I just take it more broadly, perhaps, in regards to nature with in, with out, and all around. Which is not to detract away from Jesus' wisdom.
Yes, I too often find Jesus' 'wisdom' a bit too 'cut-and-dried' for my taste. But I can understand the 'thrust' and historical 'need' for such an 'assessment', the same way as I can understand the 'thrust' and historical 'need' for prior, marginally 'surviving' tribal groups considering 'blasphemy' so unacceptable as to be deserving of a 'death' sentence.

You raise some very interesting considerations.
Old 21-05-2018, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, I too often find Jesus' 'wisdom' a bit too 'cut-and-dried' for my taste. But I can understand the 'thrust' and historical 'need' for such an 'assessment', the same way as I can understand the 'thrust' and historical 'need' for prior, marginally 'surviving' tribal groups considering 'blasphemy' so unacceptable as to be deserving of a 'death' sentence.

You raise some very interesting considerations.

Yes, some of differences in viewing life, faith, God, and such has formed into tribal like tendacies. Some help out the group and may lend a hand to others in need. While others scorn or ostracize those outside group or "faith".

Reflected through out human history. Reasons may vary from greed for power and wealth and such. Teachers, gurus, those recognized as masters pass through to lay bits of wisdom and guidance. But, leave the freedom for one to chose whether to taste the fruit or not.

I myself seem to go on a path to figure it out for myself. But, do find gems and kind souls along the way that give me reminders that not all is foul in this realm of existence. There is plenty of beauty to be found and love.

The human heart still beats and people for the most part are just people.

Yes, agree at times takes assessing what has been given and what may serve one in his/her life.

Brings back to mind that it all intertwines. What has passed forming what is and drifts into what will be. All seem to form the experience of the moments lived.
Atleast how I view it now and see reflected with in nature.
Old 22-05-2018, 12:42 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Hello,

Being spring time in my neck of the world thoughts about gardens come to mind.

Looking at life here upon this Earth as a garden.

There is the soil which may hold nutrients. Fed by the various life that may grow in the garden.

There is the rain that may come to bring needed moisture and cleanse away debris.

There is light bringing needed energy to the life forms to process and grow.

There is darkness and shade to bring needed rest and comfort from the heat.

Various plants supporting the various other life forms that may come to feed, visit, or live.

Each element supporting the life with in the garden.

One may come into the garden and notice what may attract one attention and share with another what is noticed.
One may even work to help form the garden and help nurish it.

The garden itself goes about its business. Adapting and adjusting to the changes made.

It brings peace and when one spends time in the garden a natural sense of harmony arise with in. One find caring for it and even loving what it freely gives.

So, sharing these thoughts because wonder if the world was treated like a garden, our garden, what would do you feel/think would happen?

What is a garden to you?

Just sharing in some creative thoughts and welcome one to share in his/her as well. A reflection in a way upon life.

Thank you

This is very beautiful, it sounded like a poem to me, i work as a gardener (one of my jobs) and understood what you were saying and its a good reminder for me actually so thanks. It is like a science, where you can have one plant that effects the other, there can also be a plant that attracts a type of bug that will fed off the other bugs destroying another plant near by (i don't know enough about it in that much detail though but other people i work with do) we have a heap of organic edible gardens too, that is something i really think is awesome.

If the garden is so harmonious as you say, the way it moves and adapts and grows, and the garden is not separate from the the earth and the earth is not separate from the solar system and the solar system is not separate from the galaxy and galaxies then its all like one big garden isn't it...Microcosm and macrocosm garden.
Old 22-05-2018, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
This is very beautiful, it sounded like a poem to me, i work as a gardener (one of my jobs) and understood what you were saying and its a good reminder for me actually so thanks. It is like a science, where you can have one plant that effects the other, there can also be a plant that attracts a type of bug that will fed off the other bugs destroying another plant near by (i don't know enough about it in that much detail though but other people i work with do) we have a heap of organic edible gardens too, that is something i really think is awesome.

If the garden is so harmonious as you say, the way it moves and adapts and grows, and the garden is not separate from the the earth and the earth is not separate from the solar system and the solar system is not separate from the galaxy and galaxies then its all like one big garden isn't it...Microcosm and macrocosm garden.

Hi Nature Grows,

Cool that you work as a gardener. I have done landscaping work through the years. Now, cook to earn money.

I enjoy what you share. Has my mind drift back to how this body has the same basic elements as the stars. Yes microcosm and macrcosm garden. I like the image this brings to mind.

It awe strikes me at times the pure wonder and expanse of creation.

Thank you.