Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-02-2018, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
The Spirit/Higher Self/Eternal self is androgynous.
Not masculine or feminine. It is One with both aspects and more.

Hey there Crystal!

I completely agree who we are at centre (also called spirit or higher self) is both and more. At centre/in spirit, we cannot be confined to a box or a label or one gender. This reality of who we are at centre is something that I try to highlight whilst also discussing the reality on the ground in the external world.

Unfortunately, in our day to day world, though, to say there is no dualism or difference as male and female in our current incarnated existence is probably also not the case, IMO. And I don't just mean because women give birth or because we have different parts for reproducing the species, etc. Of course that is a fundamental difference. Right out of the gate, however, we are largely not well-supported globally in these fundamental biological differences and instead we are often punished and/or exploited for our basic biological differences.

But beyond that, we experience a great many things differently as men and as women - beyond our various individual diffs - for many reasons. Nearly all of the differences are due to some combination of socially and culturally conditioned (nurture) and differences in biology (nature) -- no hard separation exists for most items. The physical being is hugely impacted by environment. There is extensive cultural conditioning of individual thought and preference and character, and intergenerational effects of environment and perspective permeate and affect the physical being, etc.

Yet...due to the gender differential that is interwoven into our environment, our culture, and our social institutions, as well as some basic yet critical differences in size and strength, etc., and the interplay between culture and the physical which exploits the weaker and more vulnerable physically in the social power structure...

...there are still real and significant differences between a man's experience of life and a woman's experience of life, in broad strokes. And IMO the overwhelming majority of humanity experience these things directly. That is why IMO we incarnate as men and women...for the learning and to stretch and expand our humanity and our spirit.

It is IMO also to better understand the gap between who we are in spirit -- whole and strong no matter whether incarnated as male and female -- with who we are in the waking world, where we are (usually) either male or female biologically. These differences do not equate to "who we are" at centre, but rather they are one expression of who we are...and IMO all should be cared for and honoured, and the weaker and more vulnerable physically in particular should be honoured and supported, so that they may make their way in safety and inclusion. How we honour and regard the weaker and more vulnerable amongst us is always IMO a mark of our humanity as a collective.

So it seems that we are called to honour both the universality and the differences of our experiences, and I think that much of humanity as a whole is struggling with the both/and aspects...but yet IMO that is the only sustainable way forward, one that does not involve oppression, social control, and/or coercive force. Maybe the complexity of all this is what confuses some and misdirects many others.

I hope this is not too long and made some sense, LOL What are your thoughts on all this?

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Last edited by 7luminaries : 27-02-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 27-02-2018, 10:24 PM
Master
Not too long 7L, I always enjoy discourse with you :)

I once spoke in a live chat with a guru someone from this forum connected me with, he said my energies were masculine. I got a kick out of that. They maybe actually in some ways I'm pragmatic in my human, very straight forward thinking and often quickly make decisions and I don't feel emotions as strongly as my sisters in the world, tending to be more intellectually engaging than emotionally engaging.

However to see me in person one wouldn't assume what he said could be so, I'm willowy, graceful, dress very feminine in dresses and skirts, bright colors and have a 'wardrobe' not a closet of cloths. LOL My inner girl loves dress up!

The world see's me as female and responds as if I am one, this means wages, job opportunities and all the rest that females must cope with in this time frame.
Personally I find I have no problem integrating all aspects with comfortability and don't think of myself in any particular form - masculine/feminine. I'm just me - a Spirit wandering around playing human female on Garden Earth.

There is, where I live right now, in the spiritual community a very strong absorbing focus on Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine, people spend lots of time exploring this within themselves. Many groups, gatherings and study courses exist for this exploration. As much as 1-2 a night any night of the week. You ought to see my facebook, it's full of men trying to find their inner feminine and woman dressing as goddesses and posting pictures of themselves. Seriously. LOL
It is the ego exploring the ego in a whole new way!
That whole thought line of egoic exploration is going out into the larger consciousness construct now. Colorado's Spiritual Exploration Flavor of the Week is leaving the epicenter and going out into the larger consciousness construct. *sigh*

Out of body, in the greater consciousness construct none of this separation of wholeness into masculine of feminine exists as far as I've found.
It's a species based thing, when spirits go down into bodies the species they go into may have a male or female form for reproduction. But this isn't always true, stones and crystals have no male/female and many off world species don't either.
Here on earth we even have species which are all born female and when it's time to mate one will turn into a male to fertilize the eggs.

So, when we look at it through the telescope and not the microscope all things are true as you implied: male, female, androgynous, adaptable and capable of changing into one or the other and so on.

Gender is a part, another costume and identiy to play on the Great Stage.
Whatever part we choose enjoy it!
Next round change parts if so desired, but use the opportunity one is born into to really explore the part one is now playing.
Feeling bad or hampered or held back because one is one gender and not another gender accomplishes nothing other than to bring unhappiness.

I remember feeling great sadness recently due to an article in which a man had decided he was actually a female and had all his body parts changed to accomplish that and then changed his name.
After many years as a female he decided he was actually a male and wanted to change back. Some parts of his male anatomy couldn't be returned though and so he would go through life as an eunuch now. Isn't that sad?

We have all of eternity to explore all aspects of consciousness, it's easier to be at ease and explore what we are currently - than the heart ache of trying to change it only to discover the change isn't a good fit either.

Be at Peace and
Know Thyself :)
Old 27-02-2018, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Not too long 7L, I always enjoy discourse with you :)

I once spoke in a live chat with a guru someone from this forum connected me with, he said my energies were masculine. I got a kick out of that. They maybe actually in some ways I'm pragmatic in my human, very straight forward thinking and often quickly make decisions and I don't feel emotions as strongly as my sisters in the world, tending to be more intellectually engaging than emotionally engaging.

However to see me in person one wouldn't assume what he said could be so, I'm willowy, graceful, dress very feminine in dresses and skirts, bright colors and have a 'wardrobe' not a closet of cloths. LOL My inner girl loves dress up!

The world see's me as female and responds as if I am one, this means wages, job opportunities and all the rest that females must cope with in this time frame.
Personally I find I have no problem integrating all aspects with comfortability and don't think of myself in any particular form - masculine/feminine. I'm just me - a Spirit wandering around playing human female on Garden Earth.

There is, where I live right now, in the spiritual community a very strong absorbing focus on Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine, people spend lots of time exploring this within themselves. Many groups, gatherings and study courses exist for this exploration. As much as 1-2 a night any night of the week. You ought to see my facebook, it's full of men trying to find their inner feminine and woman dressing as goddesses and posting pictures of themselves. Seriously. LOL
It is the ego exploring the ego in a whole new way!
That whole thought line of egoic exploration is going out into the larger consciousness construct now. Colorado's Spiritual Exploration Flavor of the Week is leaving the epicenter and going out into the larger consciousness construct. *sigh*

Out of body, in the greater consciousness construct none of this separation of wholeness into masculine of feminine exists as far as I've found.
It's a species based thing, when spirits go down into bodies the species they go into may have a male or female form for reproduction. But this isn't always true, stones and crystals have no male/female and many off world species don't either.
Here on earth we even have species which are all born female and when it's time to mate one will turn into a male to fertilize the eggs.

So, when we look at it through the telescope and not the microscope all things are true as you implied: male, female, androgynous, adaptable and capable of changing into one or the other and so on.

Gender is a part, another costume and identiy to play on the Great Stage.
Whatever part we choose enjoy it!
Next round change parts if so desired, but use the opportunity one is born into to really explore the part one is now playing.
Feeling bad or hampered or held back because one is one gender and not another gender accomplishes nothing other than to bring unhappiness.

I remember feeling great sadness recently due to an article in which a man had decided he was actually a female and had all his body parts changed to accomplish that and then changed his name.
After many years as a female he decided he was actually a male and wanted to change back. Some parts of his male anatomy couldn't be returned though and so he would go through life as an eunuch now. Isn't that sad?

We have all of eternity to explore all aspects of consciousness, it's easier to be at ease and explore what we are currently - than the heart ache of trying to change it only to discover the change isn't a good fit either.

Be at Peace and
Know Thyself :)

Crystal I could say almost exactly the same about how I feel versus look and am perceived, except my slim-hipped and sporty build is top-heavy in that typically British way, and I finally feel like I look like I've passed 30 based on my attitude and confidence, mainly...and in the world we live in, we are judged as soft and girly for all these reasons no matter how we dress, hahaha I hear you on following your own inner muse. I tell everyone I know not to stress out about whatever's trendy or what you look like, as it really is a total waste of time and energy. There is absolutely no need once you're clean and presentable, LOL...as in, we should all be able to wear whatever we like and be done with it!

But yes...I feel balanced and I feel like myself. I find it fascinating to recall how I felt as myself in past lives, and how each adds and layers upon the other. You become an ever more rounded version of who you are, it seems. But I will add this caveat...it was just brutal living on earth in the past, and it was REALLY brutal living as a woman in many times past. So, we have to be compassionate with our past sufferings in many of these lives, as we really, really...really earned it, LOL.

Always a pleasure on my end too!
Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 27-02-2018, 11:39 PM
boshy b. good

thank you empathy, was that better, i think
that's better and does have a right [ to say so ]
Old 28-02-2018, 02:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I find it fascinating to recall how I felt as myself in past lives, and how each adds and layers upon the other. You become an ever more rounded version of who you are, it seems. But I will add this caveat...it was just brutal living on earth in the past, and it was REALLY brutal living as a woman in many times past. So, we have to be compassionate with our past sufferings in many of these lives, as we really, really...really earned it, LOL.

Always a pleasure on my end too!
Peace & blessings
7L

Yep, it's not always easy is it, past lives have been very very messy for some of us. I try not to dip into them too much and instead focus on what a truly great time it is to be alive Right Now!!
I'm so glad you are liking who you are Right Now and very comfortable with yourself. What a Blessing that truly is!
Old 28-02-2018, 03:34 AM
Master
While in this life I am quite in a female body, I am a she, I literally do not feel like a female. I feel male more often. Pretty strange feeling it is, to be in a female body and feel like a male. I hear often a male voice which I call my guide, yet for all I truly know could be my higher self.

But I do not really like to think of that too too much. Higher self.

It makes things perhaps a little more difficult getting used to this skin, with the information I have on one of my past lives. It has been the only past life I have been able to remember so far, and that life I was male, if you believe in that sort of thing.

I actually have been having a blast lately telling one of my male friends that I am a errr homosexual male in a female body. I love it, because he starts to argue with me. "No you're not" He tells me. "In case you haven't noticed your a girl". I respond "You think so"? He says he knows so and it is called anatomy.

Recently another male friend of ours had came visiting and again I said something like "Well I am actually a male in a female body so that would make sense". I said this during the course of conversation. I said "You wouldn't understand that though". He said "Yeah I get it, in a past life right?" I told told him "Yes." In which he responded "Yeah- Name of our friend- told me". I then started to crack up laughing, I got a real kick out of that one.

I asked, "You mean to tell me he is going around claiming this about me?" He responded "He is telling people this is something you told him".

I responded that I wished I could see the look on their faces.

As for how comfortable I am being me, well I am not entirely sure. I do not go about my daily living asking myself how comfortable I am being me, or in this body. I am busy attending to daily living and all it entails. As to how I feel in a female body am I comfortable? Well no. I feel male. It is difficult to be myself when I am expected to be lady like....

When I cursed when younger my aunt would love to admonish me that "That is not lady like you shouldn't swear"! I really don't care if it is lady like or not.... that is the best reason she could give for not cursing? It isn't lady like? I honestly asked her what that has to do with it.

Or the time I had a man tell me it isn't lady like to speak like a guy or so aggressively to him. I told him the same thing I told my friend. I told him it is entirely in character for me to speak aggressively as I had to him as I am a homosexual male in a female body...

I then asked "So what if I told you that?" He told me he didn't believe me, I asked further "And? Were you looking for me to prove it to you or something..."?

He then told me speaking like a male didn't make me attractive as a female.

Excellent.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto

I actually have been having a blast lately telling one of my male friends that I am a errr homosexual male in a female body. I love it, because he starts to argue with me. "No you're not" He tells me. "In case you haven't noticed your a girl". I respond "You think so"? He says he knows so and it is called anatomy.

He then told me speaking like a male didn't make me attractive as a female.

Excellent.

Well your a conundrum wrapped within an enigma!

I wonder how the aggressive feminists would handle you

A lot of people wear the masks & outfits that outward society advertises i.e men must like sports & women must like to gossip. Your just being you & that's someone being honest in a sea of fakes.

Your fortunate that you sound attracted to men so it essentially takes someone to understand your not going to be " the little woman " & perhaps a unique dynamic in the bedroom.

There have always been "butch" ladies & "soft" men - even my grandads friends had unique relationships it was just not spoken of out in public.

It makes you wonder how they found each other - but they did.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 28-02-2018, 10:49 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
I do wonder if perhaps the Queens English is not a first language for some or perhaps tone is confusing to those who don't speak their own voice inside their heads when they read.

I never use the Queen's English except to use an apostrophe to indicate a possessive and I quite like the subjunctive mood that has enormous potential here. I recoil with terror at the poor declension of "who". Otherwise I make words up as I go along. People don't know what I'm gobblefunking about.... nor do I, most times. (Duhh, I borrowed that one from Roald Dahl.)

Old 28-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I never use the Queen's English except to use an apostrophe to indicate a possessive and I quite like the subjunctive mood that has enormous potential here. I recoil with terror at the poor declension of "who". Otherwise I make words up as I go along. People don't know what I'm gobblefunking about.... nor do I, most times. (Duhh, I borrowed that one from Roald Dahl.)

Using it embiggens us all - which is perfectly cromulent

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 28-02-2018, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Well your a conundrum wrapped within an enigma!

I wonder how the aggressive feminists would handle you

Well now.. gently I would hope...? I am slightly aggressive towards males. I am not by nature normally confrontational, or I try very very hard not to be, but truth be told? I simply try too hard perhaps. I've been criticized in fact for being too polite... I do not understand how that makes sense, but it is what it is, that is what I have been told. I am the person whom goes out and about places, and holds the door open for children, and women especially, as well as the elderly, and men elderly or not. It is simply whom I am. I will admit I do not understand feminism, and by this I mean true gender opposition, and that entirely goes for men too. I would not support men whom advocate hatred towards women, but by my own ethics, neither will I tolerate women whom hold utter hatred towards men. I have no sympathy for feminists who advocate this type of thing. I have empathy for women's rights yes I am female this life around, and I will not tolerate being abused and I have been by both men and women in personal relationships. Yet I also have empathy for men. I do not advocate hatred on either side of the spectrum. As far as handling me goes, well perhaps it is best I not comment on that? Yes I think so.

A lot of people wear the masks & outfits that outward society advertises i.e men must like sports & women must like to gossip. Your just being you & that's someone being honest in a sea of fakes.

Your fortunate that you sound attracted to men so it essentially takes someone to understand your not going to be " the little woman " & perhaps a unique dynamic in the bedroom.

Well.... perhaps as attracted as I can muster I suppose.

There have always been "butch" ladies & "soft" men - even my grandads friends had unique relationships it was just not spoken of out in public.

It makes you wonder how they found each other - but they did.

Yes. Love sure is grand.