Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 29-01-2015, 04:09 AM
Experiencer
Past lives as an ongoing existence

When you refer to yourself in this life, you use your name relative to every stage and every age. Right? "I was (insert name) ten years ago, and I am (insert name) now." But, when you're referring to your actual age, you make it independent of that time and that time alone. "I was 30 years old ten years ago, and I am 40 years old now." Your identity changes dependent on time.

I've always thought of past lives as the latter - you change who you inherently are within each life. I was that person in that life, now I am this person in this life. But recently, I heard it described as the former. Past lives are an integral part of your existence, almost like planes of existence that constantly develop your soul. Even though something may have happened to me 3,000 years ago, my subconscious still remembers it and weaves the past event into my spirit's current existence.

Just looking to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Do you think past lives are an entity separate of this life, or are each of your incarnations woven together to create the current, living-in-this-lifetime you?
Old 29-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Master
I understand it as each incarnation is an aspect of the other, "past lives" are really happening in the now, as each develops and learns, we each benefit from the growth, and further advance on our path. But not to create the you in the now, more like the aspect of you in the future.
I don't know if I'm making sense...
Old 31-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Suspended
I have also thought of this, I feel some traits do cross over into your life from other life times. For example, when someone is interested in a certain era in time for no reason, when someone has phobias and fears they cannot explain, when someone is extremely talented at a young age, those are some. Plus it makes sense to me to be an ongoing process.
Old 31-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Master
I agree that traits get carried over, in a big way. I suspect that some of our desires and interests are coming from those lives being lived elsewhere.
Old 31-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur-de-Frost
When you refer to yourself in this life, you use your name relative to every stage and every age. Right? "I was (insert name) ten years ago, and I am (insert name) now." But, when you're referring to your actual age, you make it independent of that time and that time alone. "I was 30 years old ten years ago, and I am 40 years old now." Your identity changes dependent on time.

I've always thought of past lives as the latter - you change who you inherently are within each life. I was that person in that life, now I am this person in this life. But recently, I heard it described as the former. Past lives are an integral part of your existence, almost like planes of existence that constantly develop your soul. Even though something may have happened to me 3,000 years ago, my subconscious still remembers it and weaves the past event into my spirit's current existence.

Just looking to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Do you think past lives are an entity separate of this life, or are each of your incarnations woven together to create the current, living-in-this-lifetime you?

Each life is an experience. Each experience changes us. Both points of view are correct. Each life is a separate identity AND part of a continous experience.