Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 17-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Master
The Ancient Forests

Looks like we succeeded

The bill to Steal what they did not Own has been buried but we need to maintain vigilance because this is Politicians we are talking about.
Old 17-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Uhmar

Well done .....I am so very happy for you all across the big pond.

congratulations
Old 17-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Amethyst

HURRAY!

Headline:

'We got this one wrong': Plan to privatise England's forests abandoned in biggest government U-turn so far.'

Read more . . .
Old 17-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Master
See my friends celebrating. They send their thanks to all ! [ even the squirrels are happy even tho they pinch my nuts ! ]

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Best%20of%20-%20my%20choice/WoodsWeardale.jpg
Old 17-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Master
REceived today

Dear Paul,

WE'VE WON! The government has just confirmed they're totally scrapping the forest sell-off. The phoney consultation has been cancelled. The sinister legal changes to pave the way for privatisation have been dropped.

We did this together. Next time someone tries to tell any of us that signing petitions or emailing our MPs doesn’t work, we’ll know exactly what to say: “People power does work. Just look at the Save Our Forests campaign”.

Over half a million of us can feel very proud of what we've achieved together today.

On the 38 Degrees Facebook page, members are celebrating. Fiona, for example, says "Fantastic news! And great for letting people see that actually there IS something they can do when they don't like what the government does, and their protest can make a difference!" Even Sky News seems to agree: "This is a great example of people power". [1]

38 Degrees members voted to start this campaign. We knew that making forests safe for future generations was something worth fighting for. So we signed the petition, emailed our MPs, put up posters in our local woodlands, organised local events, and chipped in for a people-powered opinion poll and national newspaper ads.

Local groups joined in, as did national organisations like the National Trust, Friends of the Earth, and Greenpeace, and celebrities who spoke out in the press. Together we stopped the sell-off plans. [2]

We need to keep an eye on what happens next, but we've shown that if forests are under threat, people power can come to the rescue. Right now, let's celebrate that we forced the government to back down from plans to sell up to 100% of our woodlands!

Hundreds of 38 Degrees members are celebrating now on our Facebook page and the website. You can click here to join in: http://www.facebook.com/peoplepowerchange and http://www.38degrees.org.uk/forests-we-won-blog

And if you know someone who thinks writing to MPs or signing a petition is a waste of time, maybe you should forward them this email!

Thanks for everything you did to save our forests,

David, Hannah, Johnny and the 38 Degrees team

Old 29-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Boldylocks

Thank God- I signed the petitions with you all over there in the UK and I put it all in the Creator's hands as well-- just as I am doing for all of the wildnerness areas her in the United States as well and other continents-- (especially the Amazon with that stupid dam they want to build- against the Native Amazon folks's wishes)

I told them in my petitions that they are making a grave mistake by destroying what assets they have in the UK-- and they are copying right after the jerk CEO's of the United States who have succeeded already in destroying what they can no longer get back--
Old 09-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Master
thank goodness!!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:49 PM
purple_orbs

Congratulations! That is such wonderful news! You've made my year! Saving Forests for Mother Earth and all of us is so im;portant. I wish more people were concerned for the importance of nature, versus the importance of corporations and the might dollar. It's a sad world we live in at times.

But this news is a tremendous bright spot! Again, CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Master
Thanks all. We have the bit between our teeth now. Politicians beware ! This will be a typical Brit revolution, ever so polite but oh so stubborn and awkward

They, you know THEM ! were also trying to sell our NHS to the highest bidder. Well, we brought that one down too [600000 signatures ! ] and a Cabinet Minister may have to resign over it.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Terry

If the forests die like most of the Amazon has, where do the forest spirits go?