Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 24-02-2017, 06:31 AM
Master
How may times a week?

Hi there

I have just started yoga and i love it!!! I love it so much that i want to do it everyday. This morning i got a very big and sore cramp, not sure if it's from yoga though but made me think maybe i was pushing it to hard doing it very day.

How may times a week should you do yoga or is there no set rule??

Thanks
Old 24-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi there

I have just started yoga and i love it!!! I love it so much that i want to do it everyday. This morning i got a very big and sore cramp, not sure if it's from yoga though but made me think maybe i was pushing it to hard doing it very day.

Thanks
Lots of people do it most days, so I don't think it's a problem if you want to do it daily. Maybe it's the fact that you've just started doing yoga that's caused the cramping, it might take your body (and mind) a little while to adjust. Dehydration can also be a factor where cramping's concerned, so make sure to drink plenty of water, too
Old 24-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Lots of people do it most days, so I don't think it's a problem if you want to do it daily. Maybe it's the fact that you've just started doing yoga that's caused the cramping, it might take your body (and mind) a little while to adjust. Dehydration can also be a factor where cramping's concerned, so make sure to drink plenty of water, too

Think your right on the starting of yoga that causes that. I have been drinking allot of water today.

Thanks for advice.
Old 25-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Think your right on the starting of yoga that causes that. I have been drinking allot of water today.

Thanks for advice.
You're welcome
Old 13-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Hi there

Thanks

I just started doing yoga and can't believe how much I love it!!! I have been doing it every day and most days I do it in the morning and evening.
Old 14-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Knower
Started doing asanas when I was 18 years old when I bought a book about it. That was in 1986. Doing it almost daily since then. The perseverance with the regime is sort of that yoga is my religion.
starting the day with surya namaskar as a minimi session. Most days add some backbend like cobra and forward bend. Try to do shoulderstand as well daily. Sometimes the mind gets bored by staying long in shoulderstand, so I do some mantras while doing it, like the Mahamrityunya mantra for health and spiritual benefits.

Standing postures like warrior et.c I may do a little in the afternoon or at some other time. This is a bonus if I have the time and urge to do them.

If my body is very tired. I may sometimes just do slow sitting postures.
Old 30-04-2017, 04:56 AM
Guide

Quote:
Hi there

Thanks

Hi Anthony. I try to practice it at least 3 times a day, in the morning, when I get home from work, and at night before I go to bed. That might sound like a lot, but I don't do anything rigorous, and I only do it for about 5 minutes (15 total minutes per day).

The soreness could be due to any number of reasons. Your probably holding the Asana for long or short periods of time and breathing in it. I do it differently. What I like to do is hold the Asana for about 5 to 10 seconds and just take one breath or no breath, depending on the Asana. If I do take a breath, it's always an Inhalation breath.

Part of what's causing the soreness is that your body is stretched or tense when you exhale the breath of air. So just remember this general rule:

Body in stretched or tense position - Inhale
Body in relaxed position - Exhale

However, that depends on the Asana. Certain Asana's like Cobra, you want to keep the breath still even though the body is stretched. But Don't practice that one for now because it does stretch the solar plexus. The best one to start with is downward dog. Begin by sitting on your knees so that your body is relaxed and exhale the air out of your lungs. Then perform the Asana. While in the Asana, with the tailbone stretched upward, slowly Inhale a breath of air through the nose. Then move back to sitting on your knees to exhale the breath of air. Then you can repeat the process, and maybe do it for a total of 3 or 4 times.

I prefer to close my eyes when I practice the Asana's. And remember what I mentioned to you about "direction." That applies too. I'll try to mention some other Asana's later. Or you can tell me the ones your doing, and I'll offer whatever help or input I can.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Master

I had one of my Epiphanies today while swimming. I was a bit tired after the first 30 minutes. Then I did 45 minutes of yoga, and when I went back into the water I was relaxed, and far more ready to go than I had been before. So here is the deal, yoga should be an art form that relaxes your body so you feel energized. If it is done that way, then there really is no limit to how much you can do it, since it becomes something that truly rejuvenates you
Old 05-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Newbie ;)

I used to do yoga 5-6 times a week but lately I've just been busy so maybe 2 times a week on average lately. I don't foresee a problem doing it every day. Pain may indicate a pulled muscle possibly or even just being in a specific posture for too long or incorrectly maybe.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:05 AM
Newbie ;)

I use to do 1 hour mild yoga exercise daily, that is enough for a day.