Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 03-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Gofa

Definitions

I read so much about telepathy but struggle with the wide scope of definition

To me
Telepathy is perceiving the thoughts of another who is in their body

Important bit here is the in their body bit

I talk to my higher self.
I hear spirit
God whispers in my ear

These I am happy are communication but not telepathy they have another label and there is little substantiation as it is far more subjective clair audience is a better term as associated with clairvoyance

Empath. Again body to body. If it energy perception per se different definition as different properties and behaviors

My point is the less exactness with language the more blurred the concept the poorer the understanding

Looking at a stew is wholistic. Better to see the peas carrots potatoes meat and gravy As each spoon full is different in content
Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Master
Hi Gofa,

I agree with you on the telepathy definition, although I believe empathy to be a gift within the spirit realm too. Especially within readings where a loved one who has passed over comes through

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Gofa

Yep agree with the loved one as you get to resonate relating to past association and your body remembers
Exceptions test a rule and brings a better defined or understood rule as a result.
Cheers
Old 05-08-2012, 04:56 AM
Henri77

None of these online definitions mention a body however. (Perhaps that's assumed.) Of course they don't mention angels, god, higher self, ET's or discarnate souls.

However if one sees themself as a spiritual being the distinctions become more difficult, and one might abandon telepathy for a term that includes the concept-reality of oneness.... like communion perhaps or telempathy , (that Bashar is fond of.)

Definitions often require further clarifications-definitions.

But for soul in a can (human), telepathy seems OK, (for the time being). to other souls (in cans) And I see your point in this.

Yeah, wars have been fought over semantics.

telepathy
a communication between minds by some nontechnological means other than sensory perception. — telepathist, n. — telepathic, adj.
See also: Psychology

Definition of TELEPATHY
: apparent communication from one mind to another by extrasensory means

telepathy**
** ** n** **(Psychol)** the communication between people of thoughts, feelings, desires, etc., involving mechanisms that cannot be understood in terms of known scientific laws, **(Also called) ** thought transference** **
Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 PM
sahaja

I'm trying to define the term telepathy. My lama disliked the word. That does not deny the experience of it, only it's general definition. There was something he didn't like about it. Since he didn't explain why or give us another term, i'll use it.

I define it as 'idea' transmission from entity to entity, or non entity, alive or dead or something else.
There is something else, another 'level' of consciousness, that is beyond conceptual mind, therefore beyond idea or thought, where transmission occurs. But that, i think is something other than the the definition of telepathy.

I never think in terms of body but consciousness. Consciousness as i use it here not synonymous with awareness, but something in itself. Lacking a term for it i call it consciousness/energy and is not contained within a body. When i could see it, it looked like light. Usually i think of it in a globe of pale light of varied dimensions. There is an awareness in it, (in people, more or less perhaps), but it is not like day to day thought.

Lately i've had some questions about how body plays into this. There are forms of connections made between entities (communication) in which an entrance into body is literal, however, this degree is not necessary (or probably appropriate) for communication between entities, for what is called telepathy.

I would like to hear specific experiences of telepathy. That might help to define it. Perhaps start another thread where personal experiences of it are discussed? How this communication is taking place - how is it 'heard' or 'seen' and how or why you know with who (if you do)? How do you know you are not creating it yourself (fantasy, imagination)?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofa
I read so much about telepathy but struggle with the wide scope of definition

To me
Telepathy is perceiving the thoughts of another who is in their body

Important bit here is the in their body bit

I talk to my higher self.
I hear spirit
God whispers in my ear

These I am happy are communication but not telepathy they have another label and there is little substantiation as it is far more subjective clair audience is a better term as associated with clairvoyance

Empath. Again body to body. If it energy perception per se different definition as different properties and behaviors

My point is the less exactness with language the more blurred the concept the poorer the understanding

Looking at a stew is wholistic. Better to see the peas carrots potatoes meat and gravy As each spoon full is different in content

I hate terms.. I think its best to speak by experience.. talking about the experience vs a label.. Im still confused on somes definition of channelling..

Telepathy to me is communication soul to soul or spirit to spirit or being to being.. How human beings use communication .. telepathy can be substituted for communication.. Its an unspoken communication.. soul to soul..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 AM
sahaja

Quote:
Originally Posted byToolite:
8-05-2012 Post #6

I hate terms.. I think its best to speak by experience.. talking about the experience vs a label.. Im still confused on somes definition of channelling..

Telepathy to me is communication soul to soul or spirit to spirit or being to being.. How human beings use communication .. telepathy can be substituted for communication.. Its an unspoken communication.. soul to soul..

Terms are definitions, the meaning of something.

I agree that experience is an important part of it. However, since all words require definition, and are in themselves definitions, if you do not want to define, how is it you propose to talk to anyone about anything? But definitions are not inherent. A word can have numerous meanings and people can attach their own meaning to a word.
Still the reasons for terms and definitions is so people can communicate with each other, or at least attempt to, you know, like in forums. If i have no definition for a word how am i to relate or understand a description of an experience. I spend a tremendous amount of time trying to determine what people are talking about. Translating, i call it, into a type of understanding.

That given, i being Dzogchen/Buddhist would like to know what your 'experience' of soul is...because it has no meaning to us. (Other than dictionary definition.)
Old 07-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Master
Hi Gofa,

Talk with your higher self for greater clarity about telepathy.

That is what I would suggest.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahaja
Terms are definitions, the meaning of something.

I agree that experience is an important part of it. However, since all words require definition, and are in themselves definitions, if you do not want to define, how is it you propose to talk to anyone about anything? But definitions are not inherent. A word can have numerous meanings and people can attach their own meaning to a word.
Still the reasons for terms and definitions is so people can communicate with each other, or at least attempt to, you know, like in forums. If i have no definition for a word how am i to relate or understand a description of an experience. I spend a tremendous amount of time trying to determine what people are talking about. Translating, i call it, into a type of understanding.

That given, i being Dzogchen/Buddhist would like to know what your 'experience' of soul is...because it has no meaning to us. (Other than dictionary definition.)

The soul is who you really are. Your soul is ones true self.. It is what is sent to earth inside flesh to learn lessons.. The soul is very immature.. thats why we have the statement ' I shocked myself when I did this or that" amazed of what all we are really capable of. So God/Light helps you to mature spiritually..

The human brain which is flesh doesnt always interpret everything the soul knows but, our Angels work one on one to help us understand whats important to our progress.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi Gofa,

Talk with your higher self for greater clarity about telepathy.

That is what I would suggest.

John

John,

I hear you say higher self.. Can I ask you a question? At the point of a fleshly death or when a person dies on earth.. based on your knowledge what happens to the person and where does the higher selfself go? Do they have a higher self and a spirit and/or soul?