Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Knower
Nudity & Astral Projection

Say I'm in bed naked and I want to astral project, So far I know that clothing should be loose and unrestricted. But Is it still possible to astral project nude? And if you do Is your astral body also nude?
Old 28-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Experiencer
Yes, some people prefer it because it's the least amount of tactile distraction you can have. But I wouldn't say that your astral body reflects that; the astral body isn't physical, and never wears "clothes" to begin with.
Old 28-03-2012, 02:37 AM
b3yond33

@Dezzymandius Yes, you can project nude but it doesn't mean that your astral body is going to be nude. There have been times when I had clothes on and when I projected, I noticed that I had no clothes on.
Old 28-03-2012, 02:51 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzymandius
Say I'm in bed naked and I want to astral project, So far I know that clothing should be loose and unrestricted. But Is it still possible to astral project nude?
I suspect that's how it was done before clothing was invented..!
Old 28-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Administrator
Hello

I never have thought to ponder if when I wonder off from bed at night ( oh sorry for the image lol ) what state the body goes in. That said your leaving the physical body behind that part stays in bed. What moves forwards from ye is simply energy.

What is interesting is HOW we see other's it might be the funtion of our brains and our social ideas of having something on in public or when we go out. I admit when I do step out I see one's dressed. Though the other way would be quite acceptable to me as well its only a body we all have one and we all have the "bits" that come with one.

Lynn
Old 28-03-2012, 03:17 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
What is interesting is HOW we see other's it might be the funtion of our brains and our social ideas of having something on in public or when we go out. I admit when I do step out I see one's dressed. Though the other way would be quite acceptable to me as well its only a body we all have one and we all have the "bits" that come with one.
Lynn

Considering our cultural orientation since birth, the earlier exposure to nudity would likely serve as a distraction... these bits tend to be
emotionally charged... but this is clearly addressable over time and repetitive exposure.

In my mid twenties I lived near a nude beach and decided to experiment with what it is to be publicly nude... I was raised a strict catholic so this
transition would be awkward... and it was, at first... but over time I forgot that I was naked and found the presence of my being so, along with
everyone else, was quite natural and really not a problem...

It wasn't until I went back to a regular beach that this actually became an issue... I was now wearing a swimming suit and if felt "very" weird! I felt
more naked in the swimming suit than I did while I was nude... the swimming suit was an allegory for "having to hide something"... I was now
conscious of "parts" again and that "forced embarrassment" felt really creepy...

Nudity in itself is totally okay, it's not until we surround ourselves with cultural shame does it morph into something unhealthy...
Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 AM
embrace

As others have rightly pointed out, it makes no difference whether you project nude or not. Astral Projection physically is exactly the same as dream state - so whenever in doubt, think of it as a dream. Of course, mentally it's a different thing...
Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Master
Most of our bodies have no image what so ever, they are just blobs of light and energy. Our most accessible subtle bodies often reflect our image which is completely based on how we view ourselves. Have you ever had a dream where you were much more physically fit? Or maybe taller or shorter? This is a similar example. How we consciously and subconsciously view ourselves plays a huge role in our etheric/astral body appearance.