Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 30-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Songbirds

Any scientific proof of Astral Projection?

I'm not a disbeliever or anything, but I'm wondering if there's any concrete proof supporting or criticizing the notion of astral projection?

And I'd love to hear your own experiences of AP :)
Old 30-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Guide
Yes there have been some experiments on it that have given some evidence to there being a real phenomenon. The problem is that the results are difficult to duplicate with subsequent experiments which sort of makes it unprovable.
Old 31-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Master
Here's a good book written by someone with a practical, scientific view of life who didn't believe in astral projection until it happened to him. I consider these accounts more convincing than the artificial laboratory conditions that scientists often dream up.

Out of Body Experiences - http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html

Xan

Old 31-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Here's a good book written by someone who didn't believe in astral projection until it happened to him. I consider these accounts more convincing than the artificial laboratory conditions that scientists often dream up.

Xan

I've yet to take a look at the link ~ did it happen by accident or was he trying at the time?

(You'll probly make me go read it to find out, rofl.)

Old 31-01-2012, 03:33 AM
Master
Silvergirl... You're probably the kind who wants to know how the movie ends before you see it. ha ha

It's the reading that is so good.

Xan

Old 31-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Songbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
Yes there have been some experiments on it that have given some evidence to there being a real phenomenon. The problem is that the results are difficult to duplicate with subsequent experiments which sort of makes it unprovable.

Oh wow that's interesting. Do you know who conducted the experiment or any other information about it? Good to know that a subject such as astral projection has been actively studied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Here's a good book written by someone with a practical, scientific view of life who didn't believe in astral projection until it happened to him. I consider these accounts more convincing than the artificial laboratory conditions that scientists often dream up.

Xan

Ahh thank you. I'll have a look at this later :)
Old 31-01-2012, 06:49 PM
earthatic

As someone said before, there have been studies on remote viewing and OBEs which have shown that there is something to it. Other people have tried these experiments and came up with nothing. So far, they haven't proved or disproved the phenomenon.
I recommend you read about as many experiences as you can. Not just about astral projection and OBEs - read about experiences with substances such as Salvia, N,N-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, Psilocybin, and Ibogaine. Experiences with these substances can sound almost identical to what a person would experience while astral projecting:
Vibrations, tingling, feelings of energy through the body. Ringing, or buzzing in the ears.
Sensation of expanding, sinking/shrinking. Contact with other entities (spirits, aliens). Seeing tunnels, vortexes, fractal patterns.
But with these substances, it is less controlled and more intense than a regular OBE but the similarities are definitely there.
Old 31-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbirds
I'm not a disbeliever or anything, but I'm wondering if there's any concrete proof supporting or criticizing the notion of astral projection?

And I'd love to hear your own experiences of AP :)

Interesting question.
What I see is: there is NO Physical proof of this activity. It can not be physically proved. It can only be proved metaphysically. But as long as I know - science doesn't count metaphysics as anything of value.

If science is trying to prove something non-physical - it can not do so by physical means.

Yes, they measure this and that, but it is little to nothing of a proof really.

Unless one tired to AP and succeeded, or it just happened to one even spontaneously - one will not be convinced that AP is real, even if believing in its possibility.
How can materials of three dimensional level of existence prove something that belongs to higher levels?
Old 31-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Master

Can't you prove it by seeing if someone can travel to a location and describe some location in detail that they've never seen? You just set up a test where the subject doesn't know anything about what's in a certain room or whatever. If they describe it perfectly in detail then it's legit.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Can't you prove it by seeing if someone can travel to a location and describe some location in detail that they've never seen? You just set up a test where the subject doesn't know anything about what's in a certain room or whatever. If they describe it perfectly in detail then it's legit.

Yes, for astral traveler this would be easy enough to do.
But this would only prove it to themselves and people involved, and believers will be satisfied too.
But that would not be a scientific proof.