Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 06-09-2019, 04:12 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
There eventually comes a point where there are virtually no inner pressures that trigger dreams and hence dreams cease.

However, at that point, revelations from the "higher power" start to manifest and these appear in dream-like visions.

Thank you for your answer

Namaste
Old 07-09-2019, 02:12 AM
Administrator
Hello

Some thoughts on this dream in a dream.

A Dream within a dream can feel very real, it can be a strong message dream where your being guided to look at something your separating yourself from in life. It is often seen as a real life reflection and where you can look more closely at how you might be putting your life into boxes where maybe you should not be.

In the dream you might not want to look at the message there so that you change the path of the dream by coming a bit more conscious but not fully awake. This is where you enter into that “lucid dream” state. You know your still dreaming, this is where a dream feels very real. At times you feel like your awake but til your fully conscious you might not understand it all.

This is often a message dream, where your being given an opportunity to look at things in your life path that need to be worked on.

To have a dream within a dream is to undergo a shift in perception and your reality of a situation. An interesting cinematic example would be the movie Inception, which deals directly with dreaming and explores the ideas of dreaming with a dream.

Lynn
Old 07-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Some thoughts on this dream in a dream.

A Dream within a dream can feel very real, it can be a strong message dream where your being guided to look at something your separating yourself from in life. It is often seen as a real life reflection and where you can look more closely at how you might be putting your life into boxes where maybe you should not be.

In the dream you might not want to look at the message there so that you change the path of the dream by coming a bit more conscious but not fully awake. This is where you enter into that “lucid dream” state. You know your still dreaming, this is where a dream feels very real. At times you feel like your awake but til your fully conscious you might not understand it all.

This is often a message dream, where your being given an opportunity to look at things in your life path that need to be worked on.

To have a dream within a dream is to undergo a shift in perception and your reality of a situation. An interesting cinematic example would be the movie Inception, which deals directly with dreaming and explores the ideas of dreaming with a dream.

Lynn

My teacher always used to talk about "time within time" and, as you duly noted, the action movie "Inception" does get that point across in a very interesting manner. A friend and I were just talking about that movie last night. Thanks for bringing that up.

As you also mentioned, "message dreams" are very helpful though it sometimes requires meditation to discern the meaning when they come in symbolic form.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Proteus

Sounds like you are just about experiencing a lucid dream, or a certain level of lucid dreaming.

Do reality checks - that is, during the way, in physical reality take a look at your watch a few times. Notice how the time doesn't change drastically.

After a while of doing this, you'll start to do this in the dream life. Then you'll notice the time change DRASTICALLY each time you look away and back to the watch. This will have you have more control over being aware of your dreams.

The dreaming within dreaming is a GREAT feeling.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:29 PM
Deactivated Account

I think some kind of overlap with the astral. Dreamworld and astral seem to be different (with dreamworld being more a kind of personal mental creation compared to the astral collective) but can connect during unconscious states. I think because of their similarities dreamworld can be a kind of doorway to the astral and sometimes with spiritual development in daily life that can seep into your unconscious explorations too. In my own journey over the years I've experienced massive developments so to speak from dreamworld into the astral. So that's my experience and theory.
Old 25-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
I have had the same situation , everything that you describe. Not idea what it could be ...
its when part of your cognitive or conscious mind blends with your un conscious mind you become aware your dreaming i have it from time to time too from a Buddhist point of view when you go to sleep your conscious mind de solves and vica versa
Old 25-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Experiencer
dreaming un consious mind

i read in many articles the un conscious mind when it dreams has a lot more processing power to solve problems then the conscious mind which has very little power compared to the unconscious mind this is a scientific fact
Old 30-09-2019, 03:42 AM
Newbie ;)

lucid dream

A lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming. During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment; however, this is not actually necessary for a dream to be described as lucid.