Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-09-2019, 11:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Running man, I'm not opposed to joy or silence and experience plenty of both--intentionally-- in my lifetime.

Ive never done a sensory deprivation tank experience where often you float on still water. I have intentional oftehn floated on surface of water at various locations for the experience as well as intentionall holding breath while relazimg my body as much as possible when submerged floating to bottom of wherever I was and slowly letting air out of my lungs.

Sound proof music studios may offer slience experience but Ive never been in one.

Ive sat in silient mediation in many differrent places on many differrent occasions but there is always sounds to hear. Birds, traffic, water flowing, horns, people etc.

I dont mind guru types as long as they speak truth, rational, logical common sense, compassionate, empathize and not getting rich off others backs.

your contexf is not correct. your equating not hearing as silence in the mind. we are talking about two different things. your speaking about what comes from outside. im speaking about what comes from inside. you can believe that all the people's whom speak of silence in the mind have gotten together to con the world. but your just out of context.

bliss is actually very simple to understand as well. brain releases chemicals into the body via the nervous system. making a joyful feeling in the mind and body. very, very, simple.

i get nothing out of talking about bliss and silence but some grief from some that just don't have the understanding of the topic or an open mind. it doesn't bother me any. honesty is high on my list of things i value most. what people may or may not think of me is at or near the bottom.

the sarcastic comments i sometimes get give me a laugh at times. not sure if its because its funny, or bewildered by the lack of knowledge on a spiritual site. what realy blows my mind is when someone has quotes from a guru who intimately knew about bliss and silence yet they themselves are negative about it. you just cant make it up sometimes. lol

also to be clear. i have nothing to solicit as i am not a guru and dont offer services. i speak from personal experience about what im most intimate with. that is all.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 21-09-2019, 02:03 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Fish Joy To the Fishes in the Deep Blue Sea

Quote:
running---your contexf is not correct. your equating not hearing as silence in the mind.

My context was addressing your words as stated. Your were not then using any context of "mind".

Quote:
we are talking about two different things. your speaking about what comes from outside.

With humans both exist mind via body and its direct relationship to outside environment.

Quote:
im speaking about what comes from inside. you can believe that all the people's whom speak of silence in the mind have gotten together to con the world. but your just out of context.

1} your mistaken in believing the "mind" is inside the body{ soul/jheart }.

2} the context your missing is experience --i.e. the experience of silence--- precedes humans access to "mind" and in some cases the body/soul is present yet the human has little, lesser or no access to "mind" in any functionable way or very limited ---ex idot svant--,

3} humans can actually find places where there is silence from our outside environment, whereas the silence from mind and body/soul n, ever completely occurs, with the exception of maybe coma, deep sleep, or death,

4} we can attempt quiet ---i.e. to settle our mind-- only to find the mind is still there, always present, aware, conscious, waiting, along side with our ego { * i * }.

Quote:
bliss is actually very simple to understand as well. brain releases chemicals into the body via the nervous system. making a joyful feeling in the mind and body. very, very, simple.

Just so were clear, my last post addressed your joy and silence comments, that your posts were joy and silence and youve moved the goal posts to bliss. Just so were clear.

Quote:
also to be clear. i have nothing to solicit as i am not a guru and dont offer services. i speak from personal experience about what im most intimate with. that is all.

sure thing running, I know bliss and silence and joy is your personal running dialogue. That does not make them any more or less true than any of the gurus you and others have referenced.

All of our viewpoints have value in ways we dont always see { mentally/mind }.

Joy to world, all the boys and girls as it is Climate in Crisis day for our future generations who are marching around the world today.

Their looking to be heard, not silenced. Their joyful in that they proud of their efforts to be the change so many believe is needed.

Their joy may find times of blissful joy. We all fall in and out of love ( ), enlightenment, and blissful joy.

Joy to fishes joy to you and me ....3 Dog Night

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 21-09-2019, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
If buddism says this then buddism has a least one flaw regarding a false narative.

When I got married I said 'I do' and Ive beenn doing marriage ever since.

That is just one of many examples of a human doer of this that or other.

'Get real' is common saying from past and seems appropriate in this instance of alledged buddism sayings.

Between your comment here and those to running, your logic is trying to prove a point, so anything that doesn’t fit ‘your box’ will be perceived as unreal. Hence your get real comment.

Logic is just one aspect on many streams of processing stuff.

And when it don’t fit ya logic, (for a leading logic processor) you will never believe it..hehe
Old 21-09-2019, 02:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
My context was addressing your words as stated. Your were not then using any context of "mind".

With humans both exist mind via body and its direct relationship to outside environment.

1} your mistaken in believing the "mind" is inside the body{ soul/jheart }.

2} the context your missing is experience --i.e. the experience of silence--- precedes humans access to "mind" and in some cases the body/soul is present yet the human has little, lesser or no access to "mind" in any functionable way or very limited ---ex idot svant--,

3} humans can actually find places where there is silence from our outside environment, whereas the silence from mind and body/soul n, ever completely occurs, with the exception of maybe coma, deep sleep, or death,

4} we can attempt quiet ---i.e. to settle our mind-- only to find the mind is still there, always present, aware, conscious, waiting, along side with our ego { * i * }.

Just so were clear, my last post addressed your joy and silence comments, that your posts were joy and silence and youve moved the goal posts to bliss. Just so were clear.

sure thing running, I know bliss and silence and joy is your personal running dialogue. That does not make them any more or less true than any of the gurus you and others have referenced.

All of our viewpoints have value in ways we dont always see { mentally/mind }.

Joy to world, all the boys and girls as it is Climate in Crisis day for our future generations who are marching around the world today.

Their looking to be heard, not silenced. Their joyful in that they proud of their efforts to be the change so many believe is needed.

Their joy may find times of blissful joy. We all fall in and out of love ( ), enlightenment, and blissful joy.

Joy to fishes joy to you and me ....3 Dog Night

your way to far off in left field on the topic for there to even be a conversation.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 21-09-2019, 02:32 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
...............@{*i*}@................

Quote:
JustBe--Between your comment here

Just be, please try and be more specific.

Quote:
and those to running, your logic is trying to prove a point, so anything that doesn’t fit ‘your box’ will be perceived as unreal. Hence your get real comment.

Let those here who have not a point to express cast the first (__blank__}

Ive never offered a proof as you suggest only my viewpoints, which, as with all here, come from a complementary duality set of mind >< soul/heart

Quote:
Logic is just one aspect on many streams of processing stuff.
And when it don’t fit ya logic, (for a leading logic processor) you will never believe it..hehe

I think your not addressing many of my comments as specfically stated and addressing other comments based on your above, quoted as follows;

.."Logic is just one aspect on many streams of processing stuff. And when it don’t fit ya logic, (for a leading logic processor) you will never believe it..hehe".. does not in any way take into my comments as stated in #866.

PLease address my response to runing in #866 as stated and point out to me all of this alledged "logic" that your concerned with. Please. You may want or need to silence your mind{ intellect } before doing so. I dunno

Time will tell and time cures all ills. Or so Ive heard.

--->/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ---> We all fall in and out of love ( ), enlightenment { * }, bliss { * * } and joy { * v * }.

Joy to you and me...3 Dog Night....

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 21-09-2019, 02:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
your contexf is not correct. your equating not hearing as silence in the mind. we are talking about two different things. your speaking about what comes from outside. im speaking about what comes from inside. you can believe that all the people's whom speak of silence in the mind have gotten together to con the world. but your just out of context.

i get nothing out of talking about bliss and silence but some grief from some that just don't have the understanding of the topic or an open mind. it doesn't bother me any. honesty is high on my list of things i value most. what people may or may not think of me is at or near the bottom.

the sarcastic comments i sometimes get give me a laugh at times. not sure if its because its funny, or bewildered by the lack of knowledge on a spiritual site. what realy blows my mind is when someone has quotes from a guru who intimately knew about bliss and silence yet they themselves are negative about it. you just cant make it up sometimes. lol

My dear running,

What I am about to say isn't directed towards you or anyone in particular, it is a general comment, but one which has the potential to offend due to its honesty.

I, for one, totally agree with you. The ignorance on a "Spiritual Forum" can often be phenomenal...however, the ignorance on the INTERNET can also be this way due to anonymity, due to people who are using technology to broadcast their own fallibilities and insecurities...lots of reasons.

If anything, the internet, social media and forums like this one goes to highlight the illusory nature of existence, but that too is only a relative perception according to one's own personal definition of "ignorance" or "truth" but as always, it is up to us, as individuals to decide what we are going to do with it.

As unfortunate has it is, those with unmedicated, uncontrolled mental illness are also permitted to use the internet, those who wish to cause drama and trouble (trolls) can also do so...it is a reflection of life at large where everyone is free to do "whatever they want" and personal entitlement ensures they must take advantage of every opportunity to do so, to the detriment of anything that is actually "spiritual".

Have you, has anybody asked themselves "what am I doing here?" In regards to this forum?

Has anybody asked this question HONESTLY? and can they admit to an honest reply from the Universe?

I don't know about others, but in my case, it is a mixture of boredom, loneliness, procrastination from doing my spiritual practices, habitual responses, and if I look at it with the eyes of honesty, with the eyes of clarity, I can see that it is holding me back, but as Greenslade says "the best thing about banging your head against a wall, is how good it feels when you stop".

I have also been looking at that thread about "Silence" and I made a similar thread years ago when I first became aware of the requirement for it.

I am online like 24/7 and there must come a time when I need to go out and smell the roses, because virtual roses just don't smell the same...virtual roses smell like s***.

So, I am going to begin by having "no tech" days like Starman suggested.

This will pretty much be my last weekend on here and hopefully, after a month or two, I will limit the internet, YouTube, social media and such to only about an hour twice a week, because I just can't cope with the stupidity myself...just getting way too old for all that now.
Old 21-09-2019, 02:47 AM
janielee

Hi SD

I was just thinking if you. Hope you’re well. Have appreciated your many insights and words. (Waves) will you stay a little longer?
Old 21-09-2019, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hi SD

I was just thinking if you. Hope you’re well. Have appreciated your many insights and words. (Waves) will you stay a little longer?
I will for today and tomorrow, but starting Monday, I will be fasting, detoxing, walking in nature (along the beach), reading my books instead of watching YouTube, limiting my time spent online..

Do you know that electronic devices before bed robs the brain of melatonin and that melatonin is required to produce DMT in the pineal gland?

If going to sleep at 10pm, two things should never be done after 6pm...eat food and watch TV or use a computer or phone.

It will take me a while to break certain habits, but if I don't start, then I cannot keep whining that I wake up every morning feeling like something the cat dragged in... isn't it?
Old 21-09-2019, 03:03 AM
janielee

Yes I agree, same here
Old 21-09-2019, 03:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
My dear running,

What I am about to say isn't directed towards you or anyone in particular, it is a general comment, but one which has the potential to offend due to its honesty.

I, for one, totally agree with you. The ignorance on a "Spiritual Forum" can often be phenomenal...however, the ignorance on the INTERNET can also be this way due to anonymity, due to people who are using technology to broadcast their own fallibilities and insecurities...lots of reasons.

If anything, the internet, social media and forums like this one goes to highlight the illusory nature of existence, but that too is only a relative perception according to one's own personal definition of "ignorance" or "truth" but as always, it is up to us, as individuals to decide what we are going to do with it.

As unfortunate has it is, those with unmedicated, uncontrolled mental illness are also permitted to use the internet, those who wish to cause drama and trouble (trolls) can also do so...it is a reflection of life at large where everyone is free to do "whatever they want" and personal entitlement ensures they must take advantage of every opportunity to do so, to the detriment of anything that is actually "spiritual".

Have you, has anybody asked themselves "what am I doing here?" In regards to this forum?

Has anybody asked this question HONESTLY? and can they admit to an honest reply from the Universe?

I don't know about others, but in my case, it is a mixture of boredom, loneliness, procrastination from doing my spiritual practices, habitual responses, and if I look at it with the eyes of honesty, with the eyes of clarity, I can see that it is holding me back, but as Greenslade says "the best thing about banging your head against a wall, is how good it feels when you stop".

I have also been looking at that thread about "Silence" and I made a similar thread years ago when I first became aware of the requirement for it.

I am online like 24/7 and there must come a time when I need to go out and smell the roses, because virtual roses just don't smell the same...virtual roses smell like s***.

So, I am going to begin by having "no tech" days like Starman suggested.

This will pretty much be my last weekend on here and hopefully, after a month or two, I will limit the internet, YouTube, social media and such to only about an hour twice a week, because I just can't cope with the stupidity myself...just getting way too old for all that now.

my girlfirend has no phone days. and thankfully she enjoys some solitude as im only around a couple days a week.

when the kundalini started for me i found i enjoyed a lot of solitude. one of the reasons i got into trucking.

i totally understand and respect where your coming from.

coming on here serves two things for me. something to do as much of my time is sitting at docks getting loaded and sitting in truckstops waiting on loads. nobody i know except luckily my girlfriend has any experience or knowledge of bliss and silence. so although i get some flack for even speaking about it here, still better than anywhere else. gurus and ashrams are not for me except when i felt i really needed it in the process. so here i am. lol

Wherever I May Roam