Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 02-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Pathfinder
Question about protons/electrons...

Hi all :)
Something I cannot find out...Sorry if it's dummy question..

What does it mean, that the proton is ( + ) charged and the electron is ( - ) charged?
What is the difference between posit. and negative charge?
What is the meaning of the one and of the other?!

(Shouldn't have cut classes back then in high school )
Old 07-07-2019, 07:17 PM
Guide
Do you understand how a magnet works? one side of the magnet is charged positively and the other side is charged negatively. So "opposites attract" is from that, a magnet is attracted to a negative charge on it's positive charged side and to a positive charge on it's negative charged side. That is the beginning. If you want to learn how atoms work (as we perceive) then search the internet for "Live-Science What is an atom"
Old 08-07-2019, 01:46 AM
Master
Question about protons/electrons

Quote:
Originally Posted by technisophian
Hi all :)
Something I cannot find out...Sorry if it's dummy question..

What does it mean, that the proton is ( + ) charged and the electron is ( - ) charged?
What is the difference between posit. and negative charge?
What is the meaning of the one and of the other?!

(Shouldn't have cut classes back then in high school )

Hi Technisophian,

Welcome to Spiritual Forums.

As WildHairedWoman suggests, it would be helpful to ascertain the answer to your question from the wide array of articles (especially in Wikipedia) explaining "the meaning of the one and of the other". (See 1st reference).

However, I think you will also find the 2nd reference quite informative, considered from a different perspective on knowledge of how "another arrangement of atoms" can be very helpful, indeed.

BTW: No "charge"

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=60
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 08-07-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Pathfinder
@WildHairedWoman,
@guthrio,

Hi guys :)

I nearly found what i wanted to know:

"
Electric charge is the physical property of matter that causes it to experience a force when placed in an electromagnetic field. There are two-types of electric charge; positive and negative (commonly carried by protons and electrons respectively). Like charges repel and unlike attract. An object with an absence of net charge is referred to as neutral."

"Electric charge is a conserved property; the net charge of an isolated system, the amount of positive charge minus the amount of negative charge, cannot change. Electric charge is carried by subatomic particles. In ordinary matter, negative charge is carried by electrons, and positive charge is carried by the protons in the nuclei of atoms..."
from wikipedia
Old 08-07-2019, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophian
@WildHairedWoman,
@guthrio,

Hi guys :)

I nearly found what i wanted to know:

"
Electric charge is the physical property of matter that causes it to experience a force when placed in an electromagnetic field. There are two-types of electric charge; positive and negative (commonly carried by protons and electrons respectively). Like charges repel and unlike attract. An object with an absence of net charge is referred to as neutral."

"Electric charge is a conserved property; the net charge of an isolated system, the amount of positive charge minus the amount of negative charge, cannot change. Electric charge is carried by subatomic particles. In ordinary matter, negative charge is carried by electrons, and positive charge is carried by the protons in the nuclei of atoms..."
from wikipedia

Sophian, well done....what do you mean by "nearly found..."?.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 13-09-2019, 07:43 PM
MAYA EL

And the real mind-blower is all of that is just theoretical invasive booby atomistic view of reality