Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 09-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Seeker

Need New and Experienced Eyes for Current Readings

Hi there!

So, I do a weekly reading, and a daily reading, as well. I just like to learn more about the cards and try to see the synchronicities between the card I drew and my day. Or just how ridculously spot on a reading can be!

However, recently, I drew the Ten of Swords (dun, dun, dun!) or the Dispair card, as I see it. It made me a little nervous. A few days later, I drew the 3 of Swords (DUN. DUN. DUN!). I call that one the Sorrow card. They both have so many connotations, and I am having trouble seeing them in a positive light. Is there a positive light that DOESN'T involve in the ending of things?

P.S. I know tarot is not 100%, this is your future, fate has spoken. But still.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolKat
Hi there!

So, I do a weekly reading, and a daily reading, as well. I just like to learn more about the cards and try to see the synchronicities between the card I drew and my day. Or just how ridculously spot on a reading can be!

However, recently, I drew the Ten of Swords (dun, dun, dun!) or the Dispair card, as I see it. It made me a little nervous. A few days later, I drew the 3 of Swords (DUN. DUN. DUN!). I call that one the Sorrow card. They both have so many connotations, and I am having trouble seeing them in a positive light. Is there a positive light that DOESN'T involve in the ending of things?

It won't let me edit the post, BUT I forgot to mention that today I drew the 10 of Swords again. :(
Old 09-08-2019, 10:59 PM
Master
So? As a day card those negative meanings you come up with are drastically reduced otherwise they cannot be day cards. It is the energy for that day only, not the rest of your life. Meaning it cannot be all that bad, more like a bad hair day.
Also, it's usually your own negative perception and thinking, so not necessarily what's really happening.

There is more positive, yes, but it depends on the deck and you don't mention which one you use.
3 Swords I often feel is letting go of old pain. But it's intuition, and the deck used.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Better to invest that time in analyzing your own thinking. Is it that or something else?
Old 09-08-2019, 11:59 PM
55Degrees

I agree with Fairy crystal. As a card of the day the card rarely reaches its full effect. The 10 of Swords could just mean that you are acknowledging or recognising a situation or event that is over or you had a 'worse case scenario' playing in your head that really wasn't worth all the stress and anxiety.
It could even reflect just being so exhausted by a stressful day at work that you end up collapsing into bed and falling asleep immediately (I've had it represent a trapped nerve in my back and seriously, I was laid out on the floor for days, a literal representation of the image).
Try not to worry too much over pulling cards like this on a daily reading, it's gotta happen at some point.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:30 AM
Seeker

Thank You!

Oh! I don't know why I wasn't thinking "day card, just for today." And yes, it may just be me looking at it, and going to the worst case scenario (I do that very well. It's a talent, really.) I feel like I've been getting deeper into tarot cards and yet I have no idea what is going on! Ok. Deep breath. Just another learning experience.

Thanks for responses! I don't have anyone to really speak to about tarot, or really anything spiritual at all, so this place is sort of my "community." :)

Oh, and the deck is one called the Animal Wisdom deck, by Dawn Brunke. It is based off the original Rider-Waite, and I have a few reference books that are also based off of the original, but I have a strong affinity for animals, so when I saw it, I knew immediately it was for me. :)
Old 10-08-2019, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi there!

Try to see things in a positive light if you want a positive reading then be positive about it.Love is the answer my friend. Introduce more love into your life and your readings will change for the better. Surround yourself with love is my opinion. Amen
Old 11-08-2019, 01:50 AM
Seeker

Thank you, @Utopiandreamchild. I'm trying! Since I've started my spiritual journey, trying to find my way and stay in touch with my intuition, I've realized the truth of positivity. As someone who has been a total pessimist, it's slow going! But I'll do my best. :)
Old 11-08-2019, 02:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you, @Utopiandreamchild. I'm trying! Since I've started my spiritual journey, trying to find my way and stay in touch with my intuition, I've realized the truth of positivity. As someone who has been a total pessimist, it's slow going! But I'll do my best. :)

All the best. Remember love is the positive energy which all life thrives on so take care of yourself and love what you do in life and that which you put your heart into. Amen