Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 09-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Experiencer
The Ultimate Task

For one human being to love another human being:
That is perhaps the most difficult task that has been entrusted to us,
The ultimate task, the final proof,
The work for which all other work is merely preparation.

-- Rilke
• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
Old 09-05-2019, 09:22 PM
Master
I think that's it.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:27 PM
Master
There is nothing more sir, than to love and be loved - Birdsong
Old 19-06-2019, 05:34 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Wrong. The ultimate task is to love yourself above all others. If anything morality and compassion stem from your respect of your own worth, because you respect others because they are the same thing as you.

Ego Death is not technically truly possible. Ego cannot die, it can only be reformed. So Ego Death merely serves as the catalyst for change and growth. In other words, if anything, Ego Death leads to Ego Growth.

Especially for a Lord, who exists to be 100% active. Everything I do, is to spread my own greatness. That is what I love. I am not motivated by other people's existences. I am solely motivated by my own ends.

I live to be the best me I can be. I desire to be a God.
Old 19-06-2019, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerramineLightvoid
Wrong. The ultimate task is to love yourself above all others. If anything morality and compassion stem from your respect of your own worth, because you respect others because they are the same thing as you.

Ego Death is not technically truly possible. Ego cannot die, it can only be reformed. So Ego Death merely serves as the catalyst for change and growth. In other words, if anything, Ego Death leads to Ego Growth.

Especially for a Lord, who exists to be 100% active. Everything I do, is to spread my own greatness. That is what I love. I am not motivated by other people's existences. I am solely motivated by my own ends.

I live to be the best me I can be. I desire to be a God.

Loving yourself is the first step, then the last and final (ultimate) step will be to love others.
Old 20-06-2019, 07:23 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Loving yourself is the first step, then the last and final (ultimate) step will be to love others.
Again. You cannot, ultimately, exist for the sake of another. You must define yourself as an independent entity, much like God would have done sitting in a background Void. You exist as you, you are not defined by others or what other people do. Only by what you yourself do and accomplish.

Especially again, being a Lord. A Lord learns the hard way. You cannot rely upon others, you must carry your own weight and serve your own goals and agency. You should hold compassion. Characters particularly Villains like Thanos prove how rejecting the very concept of co-operation leads to having nobody to watch your back. In contrast to the heroes strict codependence ON teamwork.

Look, whatever floats your boat. Personally I love self-worship too much. I know I have the potential to be the smartest person on the face of the planet. I desire to be a real life Master of All. Nothing else could satisfy me.
Old 20-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Again. You cannot, ultimately, exist for the sake of another. You must define yourself as an independent entity, much like God would have done sitting in a background Void. You exist as you, you are not defined by others or what other people do. Only by what you yourself do and accomplish.

Especially again, being a Lord. A Lord learns the hard way. You cannot rely upon others, you must carry your own weight and serve your own goals and agency. You should hold compassion. Characters particularly Villains like Thanos prove how rejecting the very concept of co-operation leads to having nobody to watch your back. In contrast to the heroes strict codependence ON teamwork.

Look, whatever floats your boat. Personally I love self-worship too much. I know I have the potential to be the smartest person on the face of the planet. I desire to be a real life Master of All. Nothing else could satisfy me.

Unconditional love just Is. There's no attachment.
Old 20-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Unconditional love just Is. There's no attachment.
Sounds redundant and pointless. Love is personal, love is Intimacy. Love is getting to know something deeply and intuitively. I am not just passively thinking about another person's existence as I go through life. I am thinking about my mission, about my own desires and goals.

I don't want to say Conditional, but love of another is only worthwhile if you get something out of it. Otherwise it's little more than an illusion.

This is just my take on the issue. I don't care for unconditional love because there are things which I do not love, like, or even tolerate. There are actions, evil deed, etc. Which would make it impossible for me to accept a person. Morality is a war between Good and Evil.

Everyone has their own journey in life. I was born to sit on a throne, I have an unseen birth right.
Old 20-06-2019, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Sounds redundant and pointless. Love is personal, love is Intimacy. Love is getting to know something deeply and intuitively. I am not just passively thinking about another person's existence as I go through life. I am thinking about my mission, about my own desires and goals.

I don't want to say Conditional, but love of another is only worthwhile if you get something out of it. Otherwise it's little more than an illusion.

This is just my take on the issue. I don't care for unconditional love because there are things which I do not love, like, or even tolerate. There are actions, evil deed, etc. Which would make it impossible for me to accept a person. Morality is a war between Good and Evil.

Everyone has their own journey in life. I was born to sit on a throne, I have an unseen birth right.

I believe the thread is about unconditional love. Unconditional love does not require anything in return, it's totally selfless. Unconditional love is not dependent on the actions of another "good" or "bad", it's there anyway. If you believe in human and being, the human can carry out negative actions that can be condemned, but there can still be unconditional love there for the being. Thus the ultimate task. And the ultimate mission.
Old 22-06-2019, 02:33 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
I believe the thread is about unconditional love. Unconditional love does not require anything in return, it's totally selfless. Unconditional love is not dependent on the actions of another "good" or "bad", it's there anyway. If you believe in human and being, the human can carry out negative actions that can be condemned, but there can still be unconditional love there for the being. Thus the ultimate task. And the ultimate mission.
That is God's mission. But we are given the freedom and respect to be ourselves as we realize ourselves and have our own motives.

I do what I do for /Me/. To me that is the true hero, because a Hero does what is best for everyone by helping themselves because they are important.

I'm not gonna give 2 ****s about someone else over my own dream. God is the only one and he doesn't ask that of me.