Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-04-2020, 02:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Riddles?
Life is too short to use professorial techniques as used on developing young minds in the classroom...
I think most of us are past college age.
What are you after?
It's like you have a pebble under an egg shell ---but you're holding both behind your back.
I'm sure you have something cool too share.

Good afternoon Miss Hepburn

When I first read Iamit reply, this was me

There are those that set limits and boundaries and those that free fall.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
What you negate,is that we live a human experience.

One experiences oneness after physical death,not whilst living.

Hence trinity on earth not via half a coin.

we can experience oneness right here. Many have. By divine grace.

About negation of human experience, I don’t advocate such a thing at all. It is simply that we tend to stagnate at one end of endowed polarity only ... in the external, ephemeral. If we embrace & release without clinging, we may have mukti & bhukti together ... by shifting attention inwards.

Old 10-04-2020, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Yes identifying and understanding ones conditioning may lead to trancending it. This would be an advantage in the spiritual search, or maybe even a requirement, before one could engage in the practices you mention, just in case the selection of those practices themselves were a product of conditioning. Luckily there are clues to help us in identifying our particular conditioning such as projection and introjection. It is possible that we may each know what these mght be in our particular circumstances.
Starman's post here http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...57#post1920257 'frames' this subject well, I think.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
The first person, the successful ego person may choose a path of discipline with a spiritual goal for a defined successful outcome. While the second, may choose a path with no defined goal to be achieved, a path that requires nothing of the seeker, not even to seek.

Which path do you think would produce a better outcome, and why?

Is it possible, and if so why, that though the second person is not a disciplined seeker, not really seeking or trying to achieve a goal at all, that they may come to realizations that the first person might not?

Which path do you think a Buddhist or a Hindu or even a Christian might choose?

Which path do you think one who follows the teachings of the Tao might choose?

according to the ways of the world, the first gets the better outcome.

OTOH following the ways of the world hasn't achieved the promises Jesus made, for anyone. And reading the books as I do I surmise that this is not even possible. Meanwhile if you define the outcome in advance you can only get things you can conceive of at the start. There isn't much room for the unexpected in such a world-view. So taking such a thing to an extreme does not sound like a good idea, to me.

Resting, letting things evolve on their own without meddling, leads one to see new and sometimes unexpected things in my experience. Because you aren't trying to push things to be a certain preconceived way, you have room for the way things are to be shown to you. Probably why the Christian God instituted the sabbath... OTOH if you take it to an extreme then you can only go places are beings are willing to take you. That doesn't sound good in the extreme either.

Really I think you need a bit of both. Choosing one over the other won't do in the end game. And meanwhile as long as there is something 'over there' to want to deny and something 'over here' to want to keep you aren't getting rid of duality any time soon.

Sorry I'm not able to comment on who might choose what right now... I'm off in a place where I don't wish to contemplate such things...
Old 10-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
according to the ways of the world, the first gets the better outcome.

OTOH following the ways of the world hasn't achieved the promises Jesus made, for anyone. And reading the books as I do I surmise that this is not even possible. Meanwhile if you define the outcome in advance you can only get things you can conceive of at the start. There isn't much room for the unexpected in such a world-view. So taking such a thing to an extreme does not sound like a good idea, to me.

Resting, letting things evolve on their own without meddling, leads one to see new and sometimes unexpected things in my experience. Because you aren't trying to push things to be a certain preconceived way, you have room for the way things are to be shown to you. Probably why the Christian God instituted the sabbath... OTOH if you take it to an extreme then you can only go places are beings are willing to take you. That doesn't sound good in the extreme either.

Really I think you need a bit of both. Choosing one over the other won't do in the end game. And meanwhile as long as there is something 'over there' to want to deny and something 'over here' to want to keep you aren't getting rid of duality any time soon.

Sorry I'm not able to comment on who might choose what right now... I'm off in a place where I don't wish to contemplate such things...
That 'deep', FallingLeaves!

Positively creative process is not a function of which 'path' one chooses IMO (think in terms of any 'goal' one might wish to 'reach'). As in the case on any bicycle rider or surf-rider, whether one proceeds efficaciously and has 'fun' (i.e. in a spirit of Love and Joy) along the way or not, as well as whether and/or how many times one 'crashes and burns' or 'wipes out' along the way, depends on how well one is able to balance using the two 'modalities' being talked about here, methinks.

Its an using both-right-foot-and-left-foot in repeated succession, not a 'hopping'-along-on-either-foot kind o' thang (think of a bicycle peddler just using one foot for example ), IMO.

Last edited by davidsun : 10-04-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
That 'deep', FallingLeaves!

Positively creative process is not a function of which 'path' one chooses IMO (think in terms of any 'goal' one might wish to 'reach'). As in the case on any bicycle rider or surf-rider, whether one proceeds efficaciously and has 'fun' (i.e. in a spirit of Love and Joy) along the way or not, as well as whether and/or how many times one 'crashes and burns' or 'wipes out' along the way, depends on how well one is able to balance using the two 'modalities' being talked about here, methinks.

Its am using both-right-foot-and-left-foot in repeated succession, not a 'hopping'-along-on-either-foot kind o' thang (think of a bicycle peddler just using one foot for example ), IMO.

hehehe... besides if you put one foot in front of the other you may find another more interesting goal at some point, or at least pick up new tools to work on the original one with if you do decide to keep going
Old 10-04-2020, 08:57 PM
ant

Quote:
The ability to turn ones life around can be severely limited by conditioning that one is useless.

Hence still lessons to learn before becoming full circle from that mindset.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
Hence still lessons to learn before becoming full circle from that mindset.

Yes but not easy to learn if conditioning has been repressed because the details are to painful to remember so never learnt.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:05 AM
ant

Quote:
Yes but not easy to learn if conditioning has been repressed because the details are to painful to remember so never learnt.

Yes,someone that hasn't healed from past trauma.

At the end of the day,horses for courses and whatever course one is on,in this life.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:28 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

we can experience oneness right here. Many have. By divine grace.

About negation of human experience, I don’t advocate such a thing at all. It is simply that we tend to stagnate at one end of endowed polarity only ... in the external, ephemeral. If we embrace & release without clinging, we may have mukti & bhukti together ... by shifting attention inwards.

Have you tamed the shrew-bhukti(material) and obtained mukti(liberation)?

In other words multitasking from oneness.