Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Knower

How are we capable of recognizing someone we once knew in a past life?

Is it the eyes? Or is it simply the soul that feels the recognition.

I know it is possible, I'm just confused on how exactly we have the capability to do this when most of us remember little to nothing about the lives we've lived before.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Guide
Oh the soul feels it incredibly strongly.

There was a guy that worked here in our company. I myself did not know him or work with him. I was never introduced to him.

I was particularly bothered with him either. I did my job and he did his, but occasionally we would see each other at the Coffee machine or water fountain. One day a few months ago he stood next to me to wash his cup while I filled up my glass with water from the water fountain.

And something happened. A strong surge of energy from my solar plexus connected with him and held me captive, and I felt as if I was held there for a few minutes.

We did not say anything, but I could feel his reluctance to move away, as if it was almost ecstatic.

Eventually I tore myself away and he followed me until he got to his desk.
I went to my desk, got my stuff to leave the office (End of the business day).

As I was leaving he came up the isle towards me again. I smiled and said cheers, and he smiled back.

Nothing said after that.

And then 4 months later he resigned as well to move to a new job. All I remember was that surge of energy holding me captive there next to him.

At that point I realised how that, when a group of people are together in a coffee shop, we might stand in a line, or sit in a chair, not talking to each other, but deep down below the surface, at soul level, we are exchanging energy, sharing our stories, and talking to each other.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:00 AM
Deactivated Account

Hello dear JusticeKane,

All your connections to other people are there to become more fully yourself and of course to enjoy yourself and have people to be around with, have a sense of contrast and many other infinitely creative purposes this fascinating creation has given us. The more you are internally whole and connected to your own overall being the better you will be able to discern what is going on in your life, if this will be needed at all. So feelings and particular impressions you have can already guide you pretty well to recgonize the other. The interactions you have with people are not an accident, many of them can be in one way or the other already very familar. For our little mind, it doesn't need always to know the specifics as very often it doesn't handle the information all the time constructively or understands the bigger picture behind this. Also remember life is a mysterious journey, so you can just enjoy to milk the juice of the moment, instead of going to a bookshelf to have a kind of explanation right away before it even happens, you don't want to have a boring life, correct?

You may feel attracted to see soul connections and connections from other lifetimes and so on. Eventually the Oneness, also meaning that you yourself are your reality will become the stronger impression and one does not need to ponder so much about the who is who. You will just know your relationship to that thing as a feeling and state of being which is way deeper, more insightful and juicier than any mental comprehension

Warm wishes and juicy moments!

~ Deo
Old 11-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Seeker

Hello,

I have one experience. I have a colleague who is very unpopular and no one likes him even some people feel strong aversion to him, mainly women. The first time I met him I only told myself he is quite handsome but no special feelings I had for him. But even though his unpopularity I felt some compassion for him from the beginning. It was strange because I have never liked such people before. After three years I start cooperated with him. And very strange things happened. Once, I stand behind him very close to him, I Looked directly on his back and suddenly a very strong sorrow/pity and compassion for him went through my body. Literary I felt my heart squeezed and I was afraid I start to cry. I had strong urge to closely embrace him and soothe him. I have never had these feelings for someone before! From that time everytime I met him I felt compassion, I worried about him that he will stay lonely and ruined, sad and depressed and overdose with alcohol himself to the death. I attribute this feelings and worries to the fact that he likes alcohol. But ....One year before I underwent regression hypnosis with partial success and I found that he was ill and I cared for him. He was thinking whole time he is a burden for me and when he died he told me " You will be better without me". It hurt me because he did not understand that when someone love you they are willing to "sacrify" for you.
Now I understand my feelings for him and his barrier he has to me.
And I understand that in this life it is not my karma lesson to take care about him and to be here for him. It ended in the past life.
Thus you can see how "absurd" feelings for someone can have a past life connections. What surprised me is that now I was worried that he will stay lonely, depressed and overdose with alcohol. And in past life he was not lonely and did not drink but was ill. It does not correspond exactly.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Master

It comes from the Soul, so that's why sometimes you instantly dislike someone or are pulled towards them, regardless of how they have treated you in this incarnation.

Old Souls will recognize many others they have encounters with even if they have no role to play in this incarnation. We also can (not always) carry the essence of our Soul Group/ ancestors so you may feel a pull from that link too.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Knower
Wow... I'm so glad someone made this thread <3

This explains so much for me (I tend to wonder a lot but not come right out and ask stuff).

JusticeKane thanks for posting this question!
Old 15-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Master

You recognize their vibration.
Old 16-06-2015, 11:01 PM
JosephSmithChristoferson

probably all your family is know for you from centuries
most of the people you relate in your life are very old friends or enemies
you might recognize a past life fried or foe from a inate friendship or unexplained aversion towrds someone
Old 16-06-2015, 11:46 PM
Experiencer
It's the familiarity you feel with them,they never feel like a stranger,dreams you have related to them are the biggest indicator to me,one I didn't have dreams of just snippets ,memories I drew on paper,try doing some drawing thinking of that person but really it happens intuitively.
Old 23-06-2015, 09:22 PM
Knower

I feel like alot of people around me, I had a past life connection with, since in the end we are all interconnected, we are all one. However, there are some people I have a stronger connection to than others....You just feel it, you know it's there. Also, you sometimes start acting in an irrational way, feeling irrational feelings, coming from a past life memory. Your soul just knows....