Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-08-2014, 03:37 AM
Master

Back down to earth...

From about the 60's through to the 90's there seemed to be a strong and growing spiritual/environmental movement... people connecting to and realising the great value of the earth after what appeared to be a long period of disconnect after the dying down of traditional earth based spirituality in favour of religions focused more on attainment and which separated this plane from the 'destination' of outer heaven/nirvarna ect.

I've often felt very out of place with most religions and spiritual branches currently available and one of the reasons has to do with the disconnect from practical, physical and earth based aspects of spirituality well as the off balanced energies between the devine masculine/feminine.

I often feel that mainstream spirituality seems somewhat disconnected and it appears that often it is assumed that once a certain level is attained earth becomes a useless plane for the continuing spiritual experience. ..

Often even when we think of the energy of charkras we think of 'ascending energy' from the so called 'lower charkras to the so called higher charkras. I see it as a cyclical flow... pretty much like everything else on the planet, the water cycle, the breaking down and recycling of matter and so forth.
I see our charkra energy flowing from the root to the crown and then returning through the earth and back through the root charkra again... not just from the root to the crown and out.

I feel like I have come full circle myself... I have had my time exploring the 'out there' aspects of spirituality, only to come right back down to earth, feel right at home here in the physical and now have a strong sense of needing to come into greater harmony with the planet which supports me.

To me it is not just about becoming balanced and enlightened to a point of ascending into a formless state... my connection has become much more anchored on this earth plane and motivated towards greater harmony with the natural world we co-habit...
Everything with exists out there in nature and the universe offers a reflection on how my internal universe operates... what is out there is within... why would I want to try and seperate myself from any of it? it sort of baffles me as to why anyone would seek to exist or ascend outside of all this as opposed to try and come into harmony within it.
Old 16-08-2014, 06:02 AM
Ivy

This is my kind of spirituality :)
Old 16-08-2014, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Chameleon
why would I want to try and seperate myself from any of it? it sort of baffles me as to why anyone would seek to exist or ascend outside of all this as opposed to try and come into harmony within it.

The thing is C.C. is that many try and ascend prior to the union for many a reason, usually the reason being suffering related .

The sufferings can keep us in a form of separated awareness .

In union with self, there is no reason to see self in reflection of everything forevermore .

The self exploration involves harmonizing self with everything else .

Once that's achieved what's next ..

x daz x
Old 16-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Aristotle Hit The Bottle

Hi CC

You're absolutely not on your own in thinking this. I am just back on this wonderful forum after leaving the community based 'spiritual' search' for 4 years. I felt there was a growing pains type pressure to move away from community based knowledge and a basic instinctive urge to take all the info I learned and digest it/use it in a meaningful and practical way.
It was one of the most profound things I did. Through actively living out some of the ideas I had shaped over my developing years, I managed to see what really works and what was just airy-fairy nonsense.
Since doing that, my conclusion is that (for me at least) the psychological and spiritual breakthrough I was looking for DEPENDED on the lower subtle energy centres. I had made the mistake of looking upwards and outwards for some great 'ascension', when the real changes were happening at ground level. The magnetic charge between us and the Earth is ironically the solution towards 'ascension' (in my opinion).
Funny too, it's been 4 years also since I have used 'spiritual terminology' like ascension etc. In my journey, they have all become a somewhat redundant vocabulary.
For me the key was - grounding - grounding - grounding....and one more time for luck ;) grounding! Once grounded, the energy takes root and blooms like a magnificent tree.

Best wishes on your continued journey.

Thanks
Old 16-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
The thing is C.C. is that many try and ascend prior to the union for many a reason, usually the reason being suffering related .

The sufferings can keep us in a form of separated awareness .

In union with self, there is no reason to see self in reflection of everything forevermore .

The self exploration involves harmonizing self with everything else .

Once that's achieved what's next ..

x daz x

funnily enough I actually quite relate to this too
less and less I find I need these various forms of 'self reflections' and more am I really beginning to have a thirst and curiosity about everything beyond the extension of self. in various forms and more and more am I appreciating just how similar so many of the mechanisms in place (in our physical and spiritual worlds) are.
What the natural world still helps me to understand, as it does for others (by giving me a big metaphoric picture) is the nature of pretty much everything I seek to understand about the universe.

I myself have gone through a period of desiring to attain some other form of experience and what that desire actually did was pull me closer and closer to this earthy plane of existence.

I used to see this place in a very 3 dimensional plane... But by opening up to my innate curiosity and further exploring the nature of... well nature lol I can see that it is so much more... like a big layered onion there is just so much to discover...

and it does seem like the more that I learn... The more there is to learn...

Some may indeed ask 'enlightenment. . . Then what?' I used to feel this way somewhat... now I just see it as never ending... constantly changing and I have realized just how much is right under our feet to discover.
Old 16-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Master

I'd just like to add as a side note... All this has come about from a recent 'understanding' of my purpose here...
I have In the past felt quite saddened by the disconnect I have felt within the more westernised branches of spirituality. . .
for some souls such as myself... I feel that I have a great connection with this plane and feel that I intend to be here for a while. .. working with these energies ...With that feeling comes a sense of responsibility to (in my own corner) harmonise myself with it and in a small way... align these energies... or act as an anchor
I realize that we probably actually need those souls who are more ascension or higher charkra centred... and those who are naturally centred in their lower charkras to work together.

Gosh... This is actually the original reason I came to SF 2 years ago But up until now I have felt too embarrassed to talk about it here lol.
Old 16-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle Hit The Bottle
Hi CC

You're absolutely not on your own in thinking this. I am just back on this wonderful forum after leaving the community based 'spiritual' search' for 4 years. I felt there was a growing pains type pressure to move away from community based knowledge and a basic instinctive urge to take all the info I learned and digest it/use it in a meaningful and practical way.
It was one of the most profound things I did. Through actively living out some of the ideas I had shaped over my developing years, I managed to see what really works and what was just airy-fairy nonsense.
Since doing that, my conclusion is that (for me at least) the psychological and spiritual breakthrough I was looking for DEPENDED on the lower subtle energy centres. I had made the mistake of looking upwards and outwards for some great 'ascension', when the real changes were happening at ground level. The magnetic charge between us and the Earth is ironically the solution towards 'ascension' (in my opinion).
Funny too, it's been 4 years also since I have used 'spiritual terminology' like ascension etc. In my journey, they have all become a somewhat redundant vocabulary.
For me the key was - grounding - grounding - grounding....and one more time for luck ;) grounding! Once grounded, the energy takes root and blooms like a magnificent tree.

Best wishes on your continued journey.

Thanks

Hello
Welcome to the community...
Cool name!
Old 16-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Often even when we think of the energy of charkras we think of 'ascending energy' from the so called 'lower charkras to the so called higher charkras. I see it as a cyclical flow... pretty much like everything else on the planet, the water cycle, the breaking down and recycling of matter and so forth.
I see our charkra energy flowing from the root to the crown and then returning through the earth and back through the root charkra again... not just from the root to the crown and out.

Quite a few years ago I was doing some earth energy research on the grids, the earth has a grid system not just of ley lines but major points on the planet where ancient mankind built temples, cities, pyramids and the like. They knew these places existed and built structures to tap into them, unfortunately the knowledge is lost in the mists of time. As we have chakras as has the earth. I asked my Guide how far the grids went, the whole Universe is based on layer after layer of grids.
Quote:
it sort of baffles me as to why anyone would seek to exist or ascend outside of all this as opposed to try and come into harmony within it.

Even in the dizzying heights of Spirituality human nature still rules supreme, people forget that there is such a thing as manifesting their beliefs and principles. What they're trying to run away from is the reason we're here in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle Hit The Bottle
I had made the mistake of looking upwards and outwards for some great 'ascension', when the real changes were happening at ground level. The magnetic charge between us and the Earth is ironically the solution towards 'ascension' (in my opinion).
I watched a Matt Khan video a while ago and he said something that made too much sense. Ascension is not about us moving up to some higher plane of existence, ascension is about bringing the 'higher' dimensional conciousness into the third. Atlantis was the start of that process and if you look at what's happening now that's what you'll see. 'Higher' dimensional consciousness is expanding into and merging with the third.
Old 16-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Lorelyen

Book1

Colourful Chameleon, it's most encouraging to read what you say. No matter how we regard our spiritual selves, we still have to live out our time on the physical plane and engage in what's necessary to survive. We strive, we have our earthly ambitions but there will always be obstacles simply because we can't organise everything to fit in with our particular whimsies.

Nature....Yes, we are part of the physical ecology. It's a system in the real sense, everything functionally interrelated. Every time we humans impinge on it we force it to readjust and one day those readjustments will simply give up trying to support humanity. Until we respect it and admit we are just components within it, it'll serve us increasingly poorly. We will never dominate it any more than a germ in a culture dish can dominate the experiment that put it there.

The rising of personal spirituality was something predicted long ago and has been associated with the arrival of the Age of Aquarius - rightly or wrongly, fact or fiction - but it was epitomised in Aleister Crowley's received teaching in 1904: Every man and every woman is a star. Individuality is the new order.

It opened the gates for many new gurus some of whom saw a chance to cash in on the failure of orthodox religions with some of their own slants on the underlying drivers of humanity - but without thinking things through. With the best will in the world they can't hope to match wisdoms evolved over millennia. Some were pronounced outright fakes - Lobsang Rampa, for instance, although a wonderfully inspirational person who did in fact help many, he was not what he claimed to be. Was he a fake? I could never decide.

Deepak Chopra was shown for what he is by a reporter in the Guardian (newspaper), who concluded the man wished he could believe the things he was trying to teach others to believe.

Some people imported Hindu practices (on the cheap, in my view). This chakra thing, for instance. What passes in the west for this etheric energy maintenance is a faint shadow of its root (which, although I know no more than many here, I did bother to read the somewhat difficult Arthur Avalon (Woodroffe) which told me that I really didn't know! That one can condense perhaps years of study into a couple of months of glib practice is risible. Disappointment is inevitable.

But there it is. There's evidently a vast amount to "life" more than just the physical. We have imagination, creative abilities, dream worlds; we have powers and can change our relations with our environments. If so disposed we can reach into our Mysteries.

Some people awaken one day and want to extricate themselves from the unfortunate stresses of getting though their days - the life-frittering, soul-destroying work they're forced to do just to eat and keep a roof over their head. Going back to nature wouldn't entirely give us peace but people wouldn't get themselves trapped in satanic stuff like materialism, being puppets to the consumerist High Priesthood, the worship of worthless celebrities and still bowing to the now distorted conventions of a society that no longer coheres.

My own background was none too salubrious and it took finding a "real me" to break from its ravages (an ongoing process obviously) but I am one of those stars Crowley spoke about, as you are, and your journey sounds to have fulfilled a lot. You said it in your closing words, as without so within...and I suppose what we can refine within us thus will be refined without...and vice versa.

Old 16-08-2014, 11:49 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
From about the 60's through to the 90's there seemed to be a strong and growing spiritual/environmental movement... people connecting to and realising the great value of the earth after what appeared to be a long period of disconnect after the dying down of traditional earth based spirituality in favour of religions focused more on attainment and which separated this plane from the 'destination' of outer heaven/nirvarna ect.

I've often felt very out of place with most religions and spiritual branches currently available and one of the reasons has to do with the disconnect from practical, physical and earth based aspects of spirituality well as the off balanced energies between the devine masculine/feminine.

I often feel that mainstream spirituality seems somewhat disconnected and it appears that often it is assumed that once a certain level is attained earth becomes a useless plane for the continuing spiritual experience. ..

I feel like I have come full circle myself... I have had my time exploring the 'out there' aspects of spirituality, only to come right back down to earth, feel right at home here in the physical and now have a strong sense of needing to come into greater harmony with the planet which supports me.

To me it is not just about becoming balanced and enlightened to a point of ascending into a formless state... my connection has become much more anchored on this earth plane and motivated towards greater harmony with the natural world we co-habit...
Everything with exists out there in nature and the universe offers a reflection on how my internal universe operates... what is out there is within... why would I want to try and seperate myself from any of it? it sort of baffles me as to why anyone would seek to exist or ascend outside of all this as opposed to try and come into harmony within it.

welcome home..:)