Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-04-2018, 02:48 AM
traceyacey12

Feeling like dying as a result of awakening

Is it normal to feel like its okay to die after having an awakening? I thought it was supposed to be happy and blissful after an awakening? Or does it take time for the awakening to get to the point where you feel blissful and happy?
Old 24-04-2018, 07:19 AM
Lorelyen

Others are going to answer better than me. With awakening (as I understand it) Death from this material life takes on a different meaning. It may take a while to sink in. You are awakening to being a self with a soul that may not agree with the ways of the mundane world. Finding your real self will take time, maybe your lifetime.

You won't feel blissful and happy instantly on awakening, although you should be happy to have awoken, whatever signs there've been. You'll gradually rise above the systems of the mundane world; learn to navigate your way through in your terms, like: know it's there, learn how it influences you and you, it. Your intuition will sharpen - lots of things.

You're just setting out on your journey and it's possible that either you're bewildered by something you've discovered, perhaps by all the possibilities you face; or you're reflecting on circumstances that have brought a sense of hopelessness. Is there a chance you could share a little more of your story?

It truly needs you to muster strength now, to be patient; to look out for good things in every day, small and large, to give thanks for them, give thanks to the Creator (no matter who or what you believe they are) for putting you there to absorb the good. Because, death will raise itself as a question in good time. You'll have formulated beliefs about it. To the lesser spiritual person it's a fear and that's to do with survival - about relinquishing their treasured possessions! As a spiritual person you start to see it as a transformation, an inevitability. What you believe happens thereafter depends on how your beliefs develop.

Can I report my own views here? As a gnostic, my earthly death will mean returning to the world of Spirit from where I came. I've acclimatised to the idea that it could happen any time even if I think I'm a bit young; and believe I still have work to do here. If I'm afraid it's of one thing only; that it may be prolonged and painful. So part of my spiritual drive is to maintain this body in as best health I can. It's the vehicle my spirit drives around in on mundane Earth. However, when I very first set out - thanks to this forum it seems my awakening probably started when I was about 7, when I started rebelling in my heart against my parents, leading to nigh suicidal thoughts as I reached puberty. Thankfully, providence pulled me out (of my parental home) in time!

So..... I'd say there's no normal about awakening. It has affected us all differently. To some it comes with shocks - sounds like your situation, and needs time to let things settle down. Happiness and bliss need you to be at peace in yourself which may take time. It's easier for those who can withdraw from the world of work and daily hassles, but it is possible for those who have to engage with that material world to survive - just takes a little more effort.

Take heart and know you're at the start of a remarkable journey.

Old 24-04-2018, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
If I'm to be honest I'm not really sure what an awakening is or what it is or isn't supposed to be but the word awake is the opposite of asleep so that says to me that we are simply becoming aware of something we were not aware of before. I suspect that for some the goal is to begin to feel their true essence and as such they think that all people who awaken should feel that which is possibly true at some point but maybe for some of us there are a few other layers to get through first before reaching that place. I know for me, I was using spirituality as a way to try and escape my dark feelings. It wasn't until I became open with a long standing desire to escape life that I'm finally starting to feel better so it may be that you first need to self explore why you feel bad first before you can find that bliss and happiness. In the end if all we are trying to do is feel good then we will always be vulnerable to feeling bad if we haven't rooted out and shifted the thoughts and beliefs that feed our negative feelings. It's a process that takes time so just ask yourself why you are feeling what you are feeling and see where it takes you. I also like what Lorelyn said.
Old 24-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Is it normal to feel like its okay to die after having an awakening? I thought it was supposed to be happy and blissful after an awakening? Or does it take time for the awakening to get to the point where you feel blissful and happy?
''

I think after my bigger awakening process where I entered a "perceived" feeling of "I am going to die' actually supported me to get ok with death and dying. I noticed for years afterwards, each opening I had, I tended to enter into a death space of awareness only because it was a pivotal point of the process. I was getting very ok with death itself. So perhaps you have found something within yourself, where your now ok with death since you have awakened. When you go through a bigger letting go process in periods of deeper awakening, there can arise a feeling of being ok with the point of death through that process.

When you say your ok to die, what feelings activate this in you?
Do you mean its a peaceful feeling of your ok with it, or more its a burden in you?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-04-2018, 05:22 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
''

I think after my bigger awakening process where I entered a "perceived" feeling of "I am going to die' actually supported me to get ok with death and dying. I noticed for years afterwards, each opening I had, I tended to enter into a death space of awareness only because it was a pivotal point of the process. I was getting very ok with death itself. So perhaps you have found something within yourself, where your now ok with death since you have awakened. When you go through a bigger letting go process in periods of deeper awakening, there can arise a feeling of being ok with the point of death through that process.

When you say your ok to die, what feelings activate this in you?
Do you mean its a peaceful feeling of your ok with it, or more its a burden in you?

Its a mixture of feelings. The feeling like its okay to die is a peaceful one as I feel I have experienced everything I want to experience and there's nothing else left to experience. But its also burdensome in a way because I want to die a non painful death and with those youre not sure if its actually going to happen so I don't do it because I don't want psychiatrists on my case. Its also burdensome because right now I am not enjoying myself very much hence the feelings of wanting to die.
Old 24-04-2018, 05:24 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Others are going to answer better than me. With awakening (as I understand it) Death from this material life takes on a different meaning. It may take a while to sink in. You are awakening to being a self with a soul that may not agree with the ways of the mundane world. Finding your real self will take time, maybe your lifetime.

You won't feel blissful and happy instantly on awakening, although you should be happy to have awoken, whatever signs there've been. You'll gradually rise above the systems of the mundane world; learn to navigate your way through in your terms, like: know it's there, learn how it influences you and you, it. Your intuition will sharpen - lots of things.

You're just setting out on your journey and it's possible that either you're bewildered by something you've discovered, perhaps by all the possibilities you face; or you're reflecting on circumstances that have brought a sense of hopelessness. Is there a chance you could share a little more of your story?

It truly needs you to muster strength now, to be patient; to look out for good things in every day, small and large, to give thanks for them, give thanks to the Creator (no matter who or what you believe they are) for putting you there to absorb the good. Because, death will raise itself as a question in good time. You'll have formulated beliefs about it. To the lesser spiritual person it's a fear and that's to do with survival - about relinquishing their treasured possessions! As a spiritual person you start to see it as a transformation, an inevitability. What you believe happens thereafter depends on how your beliefs develop.

Can I report my own views here? As a gnostic, my earthly death will mean returning to the world of Spirit from where I came. I've acclimatised to the idea that it could happen any time even if I think I'm a bit young; and believe I still have work to do here. If I'm afraid it's of one thing only; that it may be prolonged and painful. So part of my spiritual drive is to maintain this body in as best health I can. It's the vehicle my spirit drives around in on mundane Earth. However, when I very first set out - thanks to this forum it seems my awakening probably started when I was about 7, when I started rebelling in my heart against my parents, leading to nigh suicidal thoughts as I reached puberty. Thankfully, providence pulled me out (of my parental home) in time!

So..... I'd say there's no normal about awakening. It has affected us all differently. To some it comes with shocks - sounds like your situation, and needs time to let things settle down. Happiness and bliss need you to be at peace in yourself which may take time. It's easier for those who can withdraw from the world of work and daily hassles, but it is possible for those who have to engage with that material world to survive - just takes a little more effort.

Take heart and know you're at the start of a remarkable journey.

Basically I feel bored. very bored right now. hence wanting to die. I can't seem to do the things I used to be able to do so its causing me to feel a lot of boredom.
Old 24-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Knower
Even when we awaken we will still have bad spells, you can get through this.
I awakened then got so caught up in my job that I was probably heading for a nervous break down. I've lost touch with my heart and soul. My intuition has gone too. l I was having an existential crisis (still kinda am) because I don't know what my purpose is. I find it hard to connect with people. So found myself wishing I was dead. Not in a suicidal way but just hoping I would die.
Then I actually got told I was going to die and started fighting for my life. Going down the natural route. Started eating healthy.
But I'm back at square one again, have lost the fight mode and feeling low.
Lost my motivation. Still eating quite healthy I don't have to work now which is a weight off my shoulders but have a lot to deal with and am stuck. Positive thinking isnt going to cut this. I feel sorrow at times (been ok th last 2 days) Feel bipolar because one minute I'm ok then I'm full of sadness. And I had my intuition back.
I found a link on here to a starsign reading and the lady was so right with everything. She done extended readings for help with the problems so, I paid for them as they were only a few quid.
If any you can relate to any of this I will send you the information. It's just about getting in touch with your emotions, trying to see what's going on inside.
Old 24-04-2018, 08:48 PM
Guide
Quote:

I'm not sure if you mean having acceptance of death rather than actually dying?

Especially with 'Awakening' allowing us to see the beauty in death as well as life. So rather than wanting to die, we become willing to die - without any fear of death itself. So when you talk of boredom, this can then become 'the' problem. Especially after we've discovered ourselves within the ultimate game of hide and seek. The answer then is to become fully connected in the present, to live every moment, to cherish every experience, to see the miracle of existence in everyone and everything - to feel the eternal universe in yourself.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 25-04-2018, 04:46 AM
Master
Quote:

Most who "awaken" come to realize that there is no such thing as death,
and that alone can bring a sense of elation. The next phase is to learn how to
center your feelings and live in quiet peace with your self. A lot of people find
inner peace boring, but there is much joy to be found when we nurture inner silence.
Don't think about it too much, as your head (thinking) can rob you of the bliss which
is in your heart, at the core of your being. Regardless, give up any expectations of the
way you think it was suppose to be, or should be, as expectations take us out of the
moment.
Old 26-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Experiencer
The awakening does not happen at a time when all is perfectly aligned in your life. You will start to feel shifts in the sense that things that normally meant something to you will suddenly feel foreign or hold your interest no longer. This will also occur with people that are in your life as well, some of the people that you may have hung out with will no longer feel as though their priorities, morals or even code of ethics align with the path you are now on. Some hobbies or pastimes you may have enjoyed may now seem as though they are frivilous or nonsensical. Everything is different now to you and your senses. You now start to align with your higher self and there are many things in your orbit so to speak that you will feel the need to shed, they no longer serve you or feel right. It takes time and acceptance because we will have a battle between our ego self and listening to our higher self to know what feels right now in our lives.

This period in an awakening I've always felt was a major adjustment period for any person to accept. As your vibration and frequency starts to rise you will feel a myriad of emotions such as anxiety, fear or even nervousness...this is normal in an awakening. I always used the analogy of a mexican jumping bean during this time frame. Because during this time your outer shell (body) is now first adjusting to the shifts of your inner vibration/frequency which is changing so everything at first is not in an "ebb and flow" and this is what I feel strongly causes the nervousness or anxiety.

What helped me through this period in my own journey was the more spiritual stuff that I would read in books to understand what I was going through actually helped my adjustment through understanding and the ebb and flow I refer to above just came along. Finding a balance in your life, meditation also helps, shedding the old that no longer feels right or serves you, adjusting your thoughts to positive things, and understanding more through books all help you through this period. That nervousness starts to leave or disipate. Then you will find things are changing for you how you feel as well as finding the bliss and peace you are seeking. This is from my own experiences so I hope it can help others who are now on their own journeys.