Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-06-2011, 06:24 AM
vivacity

Shadow People- theories?

For those who have seen shadow people, I wanted to discuss some theories of what they could be. I have had many encounters with them, so I am interested!

My theories: Most are human souls that are scared to move on for whatever reason and get stuck in a loop of some kind because they do not move on from this world.
Old 19-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Tabitha

I don't know if shadow people aren't just fleeting glimpses of spirits. I have an entity - possibly a spirit - causing activity in my home, which has been going on for about five years.

The only visual suggestion I have ever had of the presence happened about two years ago. One evening I was downstairs in the kitchen, loading the washing machine. My husband was upstairs, as were my children. I could see through the open kitchen door into the hallway. I thought I saw, out of the corner of my eye, a figure cross the hallway and enter the living room. I assumed it was my husband come downstairs for some reason. I finished what I was doing in the kitchen and went into the living room, fully expecting to see my husband there, but he wasn't. I went upstairs and found him, and told what had happened. He hadn't been downstairs at all, nor had the girls.

I don't know if it was just a trick of the eye, but it was strange. I wonder if it was our spirit.
Old 19-06-2011, 06:29 PM
vivacity

Same thing at my grandma's house. I often think it's the man who lived there before she did. Like the spirits just linger or repeat the same events
Old 19-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Deactivated Account
I have seen them but only in my mind's eye. However, I do see them very clearly this way especially in the state between waking and sleeping.

My theory? Welll, I don't really have one that can hold any weight, but I certainly don't consider these people evil or demons. I'm not afraid of them. Fear can attract negativity. I just let them be. I haven't seen them too often and when I do I study them with curiousity more than anything. They appear completely black (naturally) and wearing what look like top hats. When I awake they are usually sitting staring at me. It's been a while since I've seen them and to be honest I sort of miss them.

I do wonder if they are just particular types of spirit, or even spirit choosing to appear in a different form. I really don't know, but I don't believe they intend to cause harm.
Old 19-06-2011, 07:49 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivacity
For those who have seen shadow people, I wanted to discuss some theories of what they could be. I have had many encounters with them, so I am interested!

My theories: Most are human souls that are scared to move on for whatever reason and get stuck in a loop of some kind because they do not move on from this world.

I tend to agree with what you have written. I would like to add that I think that some of them are here by choice, they choose to stay and be like a watcher or want to remain close to possessions or family. I wonder if because the are dark in color if they are existing in a level that has no light spectrum, don't know just a curious thought...

nightowl
Old 19-06-2011, 11:05 PM
vivacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I tend to agree with what you have written. I would like to add that I think that some of them are here by choice, they choose to stay and be like a watcher or want to remain close to possessions or family. I wonder if because the are dark in color if they are existing in a level that has no light spectrum, don't know just a curious thought...

nightowl

Hey, Nightowl!

well I don't know about the spectrum...but I think that some do choose because they do not want to leave this world for whatever reason. I think that some of them envy the living, because they still/ need to live. Because seeing them around, they are trapped in between this world and where they need to go. I see them repeat routines. Like waiting at the same tree, or walking around at the same time at the same place... I cannot help but think they are stuck in a routine they once lived.
Old 20-06-2011, 04:58 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivacity
Hey, Nightowl!

well I don't know about the spectrum...but I think that some do choose because they do not want to leave this world for whatever reason. I think that some of them envy the living, because they still/ need to live. Because seeing them around, they are trapped in between this world and where they need to go. I see them repeat routines. Like waiting at the same tree, or walking around at the same time at the same place... I cannot help but think they are stuck in a routine they once lived.

Hey vivacity,

That could be. It must be hard to see others doing things that you use to do when you were alive.

You know I was wondering after reading your above post if they keep repeating the routine thinking that whatever happened, will change if they just try one more time to walk out of it, kind of like they think it is a dream they will wake up from.

nightowl
Old 20-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Master
I've recently used the term "shadow people" in a somewhat different way. To me it seems that far too many of us (all?) are living partial lives. Our actions are mysteries to ourselves [why did I do that type of things]. People who live "unexplored" lives are shadow people. They go through the motions, yet have no clue as to why. To me, flesh and blood people are often "shadow people". It is so sad. We often know that we don't know what we do too; it is so sad.
How do we reach these sleepers? How do we awaken ourselves? How might we awaken 'gently' so as to not completely leave the dream?
Old 20-06-2011, 08:22 AM
vivacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Hey vivacity,

That could be. It must be hard to see others doing things that you use to do when you were alive.

You know I was wondering after reading your above post if they keep repeating the routine thinking that whatever happened, will change if they just try one more time to walk out of it, kind of like they think it is a dream they will wake up from.

nightowl

I think something along those roots. Like it is the closest thing they have towards living, or proof that they were once where/who they were. Maybe they are stuck in a loop(s) for their refusal to move on. Caught in between living and needing to move on. Sometimes I don't think they know they are dead, so the denial might make it even worse. But some might understand what has happened, so it's not so bad. They just need to move on.
Old 20-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Tindra

I have wondered about this too. I have seen a lot in that intermediate state of awake and sleep.

I have had a visitor stop by twice to try and drag me out of body and who appeared completely black, like a cutout, a humanoid shaped black hole in reality. He accidentally gave me a painful pinch during the first attempt. The visitor had a vibrant blue glow around that cutout shape and that color is supposed to positive (Besant & Leadbeater). If that "guy" visits again I will try to find out who or what he is. Not sure if that visitor would fit the description of a shadow person though.