Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 24-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Pathfinder

Salt Lamps ?

Hi,

A friend was recently recommended to buy a salt lamp to get rid of her breathing difficulties, particularly when she sleeps at night. Just wanted to know if anybody else has experienced it too? Do salt lamps really work?

PS: I know its not directly related to aromatherapy but this is the closest i could think of.
Old 24-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Guide

I have salt lamps because I like how they look and they give off a warm glow. Health wise I'm not sold on the benefits. I moved beside the sea a couple of years ago and definitely see a benefit, why not suggest your friend spends more time at the beach instead.
Old 26-04-2017, 07:06 AM
Master

Be careful of which salt lamp you buy as many have been recalled as they weren't earthed properly and were catching alight.

Also in areas of high humidity the metal elements in the lamps tend to rust leaving them usess as lamps.
The light is meant to be kept on at all times in humid conditions otherwise the metal reacts with the salt and both the metal and the salt starts to corrode.

Be aware of these factors when shopping around and hopefully you will find a safe product.
Old 26-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Be careful of which salt lamp you buy as many have been recalled as they weren't earthed properly and were catching alight.

Also in areas of high humidity the metal elements in the lamps tend to rust leaving them usess as lamps.
The light is meant to be kept on at all times in humid conditions otherwise the metal reacts with the salt and both the metal and the salt starts to corrode.

Be aware of these factors when shopping around and hopefully you will find a safe product.

Which ones have been recalled RedEmbers. Just curious as I have lots here in my home.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Master

https://www.google.com.au/amp/hellog...mp-recall/amp/

"Lumiere" is the brand name of 3 different styles of lamp which were recalled.

My sister had one with a wooden base in her home. She didn't realise that it needs to be on 24/7 to stop the metal component from rusting in our high humidity temperature. Apparently the salt collects water in humid environments which is not a good mix with metal and electricity.

She inquired about it at the health food shop and they informed her of the issues associated with some salt lamps.
Old 26-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Administrator
I bought one when my daughter had a lot of work on in uni.it really helped her

Namaste
Old 27-04-2017, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers

I found the same thing. There is prety much humidity all the time where I live (England) Though the salt lamp definitely cast a particular pleasant positive energy (while it worked!) But once the salt starts to 'weep' and the parts rust, there is no mending it.
The only solution might be to dismantle the lamp and create a niche by carving it, to hold a tea light or some candle.
But I found I always had to have the lamp on a ceramic dish as so much moisture came from it and condensed.
Old 27-04-2017, 03:48 AM
Master

I was checking out some products online some lamps have a section of salt carved out for a candle rather than using a light bulb.

Wow... no wonder my sis was having issues... we live in a sub-tropical climate where temps reach a hot and humid 44 °C in Summer!

I have heard that if you keep them on constantly they will be ok... but I'm not sure as there is just way too much moisture in the air where I live.

Maybe keep the salt componant in the fridge over the humid seasons and only use it during the dry seasons?

It sounds as though humidity is the main issue with these lamps as the salt collects the moisture in the air.
Old 27-04-2017, 05:24 AM
Pathfinder

The tip about salt collecting moisture is really helpful. Thank you so much guys!

So what did you guys get it for? Some medical reasons or just because of the way they looked? just wondering if salt lamps have a better use besides cleansing the air.
Old 19-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Master
all i no iv try vapr rub vics or obrs or wot dr igivs me

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔