Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 09-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Newbie ;)

First Lucid experience since I started making an effort

So I finished meditating before bed a couple of nights ago and lay down to go asleep. Lately I've been noticing that night time meditating raises my energy levels and makes it kinda harder for me to settle when trying to sleep.

My window was open and it was pretty windy outside so I decided to focus on the wind to try and drift off. Then what happened was I kept being on the edge of falling asleep and something in my mind was saying "No, you're supposed to be trying to listen to the wind, remember?" and so would not allow me to enter sleep. I realised I was somewhat conscious when drifting so I would stay with it the next time and allow it to happen.

Pretty quickly I found myself in a dream of a music festival that I was at last weekend. I was in a hut kinda hangout area chilling with a few girls when I decided I had control and I wanted to walk outside so I did. When I got outside I wondered what I should do and decided to go for the cliche of flying to see how it went. I climbed up the hut and sorta floated up into the sky and realised there was lightening and thought it would be cool to try and taste the lightening so I went for it. I'm not exactly sure if I managed to taste it but I suddenly found myself falling feather-like back to the earth, and as I did a large red, orange and yellow, cone-shaped entity appeared just over me travelling parallel with me to the ground. This is when I became incredibly frightened and started to tell myself to try and shout out to break the dream which did work.

This all happened very quickly and the whole experience was totally awesome and unexpected since I was becoming a bit lax with my LD attempts. Its funny how on a night I wasn't really trying that it worked for me.

The only thing I'm wondering is how come the weird scary figure appeared? Are these scary experiences common?
Old 11-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Suspended
Nice experience. I like your idea of focusing on the wind.

A couple of things that sprung to mind while I read your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrajnaDhyana
...as I did a large red, orange and yellow, cone-shaped entity appeared just over me travelling parallel with me to the ground.

Quote:
This is when I became incredibly frightened...

Why did you become frightened? What was scary about a coloured cone?

I suspect (though I might be wrong) that the reason it became a 'weird scary figure' is because you became incredibly frightened.

Quote:
Its funny how on a night I wasn't really trying that it worked for me.

Not really. That's quite common. It tends to be that the less mental effort, the more chance of becoming lucid. I think it's to do with having a neutral attitude, not pushing nor resisting and finding that perfect balance where you practically fall into a lucid dream naturally with no break in consciousness (they're the best type!).

Going forward, when coming across unusual things (whether they be entities, characters or whatnot), try to remain emotionally-detached and have a calm curiosity in your manner. That should help keep you in the dream and, more importantly, keep you lucid. Emotions, whether positive or negative, can at best make you lose lucidity and at worst wake you up.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:25 PM
Newbie ;)

When it appeared I realised I was immobile and felt like a statue. This was the mostly scary part. I think I interpreted it as a sleep paralysis situation (which I've never experienced)!

Maybe if I had met with it without that preconceived idea I would be a bit more calm and able to stay in the dream. :)
Old 13-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Pathfinder

wow, that is a great start. and I think you went a little to far, you should remember to explore is slowly, first the earth, then the sky) Set yourself a place where you want to go, and once you realize yourself dreaming- try to go there. It can be a place on earth, event, finding someone.. the more you "walk" ,the bigger map you build in your mind.
Old 13-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieGeller
wow, that is a great start. and I think you went a little to far, you should remember to explore is slowly, first the earth, then the sky) Set yourself a place where you want to go, and once you realize yourself dreaming- try to go there. It can be a place on earth, event, finding someone.. the more you "walk" ,the bigger map you build in your mind.

True. It didn't even feel like I had "full" control. Just was mildly able to go where I wanted.
Old 14-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Pathfinder

being able to to go everywhere-it's a very good level, you know you can, you realize that, and need to focus on places you want to go to. Cause you can just forget where you wanted to go since you are so happy understanding your abilites. So now you know you can, you calm yourself next time, and concentrate on one place you choose and try to remember how you got there,,.was it flying, or walking (were you able to see and control your feet?) or you just "jumped" there?
you are like a baby, starting to walk))))
good luck!