Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Master

(belated) 2015 Tarot/Oracle/Angel Card Roll Call

Hi guys!

Thought it would be cool if people post below with what sort of tarot/angel/oracle decks they use, and if you want to, a brief introduction about yourself/how you use your cards.

I know newcomers to SF often wonder if anyone else uses the same deck - and other people (*cough*collectors*cough* ) just get excited when they hear about a deck that haven't heard of before. This isn't to take away from any of the other forums (eg aeclectic) or threads where people post about specific decks, this'll just be a cute little additional resource for SF because I've never seen one during my time as a member here. Plus, I've never heard of a tarot/oracle reader that doesn't want to wax lyrical about their precious babies

Don't freak if you buy a new deck and can't edit your post after 24 hours - I'll post another roll call in Jan 2016 and you can tell us all about your shiny new finds then

Newbies, don't be afraid to use the thread search function if you're trying to find another active member who uses the same deck as you :)

I'll begin!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I'm tealily, and have been learning tarot for about 6 years now (...and still learning...)

I use:

Rider Waite Smith (RWS) Tarot, and I know it's considered plain vanilla, but I still dig it. I find it particularly useful when I need to be a bit more objective/when I'm not sure I'm centred enough for any other deck, although admittedly it took a few years to really get comfy with it. I also use a Blank Card with this deck.

Fountain Tarot is reasonably RWS inspired but really emotive and visceral; I took to it a lot more quickly and find it really useful for relationship readings in particular, or anything where psychoanalysis of emotions is concerned. I like that it comes with an additional card called The Fountain card which I interpret in a similar manner to The Blank Card mentioned previously. I'll be honest, I still haven't read the little book that comes with this deck, but haven't found this to be too much of an issue (I belong to the 'the cards are simply a facilitation tool for my intuition' tarot camp). The only thing I don't like about this deck is the thick cardstock...!

Last edited by tealily : 15-10-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Old 15-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Master
What a great idea tealily!

Hi to all, my name's Pandora and I've been learning Tarot for nearly a year. I've learnt heaps, and am constantly astounded by the cards.

I use Rider Waite, which I bought to learn from. I have to admit, I think the cards are pretty flipping grating visually, however, they were great to learn the traditional meanings, and even when I use my Llewellyn deck, I go back to the Rider Waite as a staple deck.

As mentioned, for a change, I use the Llewellyn deck, which is very similar to the Rider deck, but the pictures are nicer to look at. BUT ... there are quite a few differences in the cards once I started to use them, which I initially didn't notice that much.

I've also got the Witches Tarot, Sherlock Holmes Tarot, Druid Craft Tarot and Tarot Illuminati, as well as the Druid Animal Oracle. I don't use any of them though, apart from occasionally using the Sherlock Holmes Tarot for fun, because the images have so many "normal" things in it (like trains, for example). I did look at the Druid Animal Oracle, but I just can't get into it at all.
Old 15-10-2015, 11:14 AM
55Degrees

I'm Pisces and I've been learning/reading tarot since............oh goodness, forever, at least it feel like it. I just continue to learn more and more every day, and this explains my obsession with different decks. No two deck's read the same, just as two readers will see the cards differently.

I'm only going to post my current working decks or we'll be here all day

Tarot
Client/ Public decks
Legacy of the Divine (of course), - this deck just sings to me.
Shadowscapes, - stunning imagery (but teeny tiny cards)
RWS (ugh my least favourite)
Revelations - unusual as the image reversed is a different image from upright
Osho Zen - very spiritual and deep
Illuminati - someone once described this as symbolism vomited onto the cards yet it has so many layers it reads amazing although it's gaudy and loud.
Steampunk, - Love the theme of the artwork, but it's just a RWS re-hash, nothing new in the symbolism.
Bohemian Gothic - brutally honest, will tell you what you what you avoid telling yourself. I only use it if I feel the querant can handle it.

Shadow work/self development decks
***Bohemian Gothic - see above
***Tarot of the Vampyres - really holds no punches, brutally honest.
***Fairy Lights - allows the intuition to run riot as it has its own structure
***Deviant Moon- funny, sarcastic, brutally honest.

Oracles
Currently using
Enchanted Map - good for general readings
Wisdom of the Hidden Realm - very 'people' orientated
Oracle of Visions 'wowsers total head funk

Les Vampires- gentle, guiding honesty
Shadows and Light - sympathetic and honest
Shapeshifters - helpful and insightful,
All the above 3 decks are empowering and supportive, they read together beautifully

self development
***Oracle of Visions
Tao Oracle.
***Faeries by Froud

Oops! Can someone have too many decks?

***I do sometimes bring out different decks depending on who I'm reading for and the situation, so these lists are interchangeable. However don't expect a sugary sweet, positive, affirming messages when I read with them. These decks are 'the biz'. These decks will tell you in a way your best buddy won't but I don't believe in faking a positive outcome if there isn't one. If you want the brutal truth, then these are the decks to ask for
Old 15-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Pathfinder

Right now I just have the one Oracle deck by Lucy Cavendish--Shapeshifters.

I got it earlier this year (I'm thinking around Feb/March), and have used it here and there and have had really good self-readings on it. I got it because a friend that I had lost late last year teased me that I was a Shapeshifter in our dreams (since he and I often had dreams where we popped up in each others, but in different forms/animals); it was the first thing that I felt spoke to me while learning how to better focus my intuition, and it reminded me of him and our conversations.

Earlier in the year I would do daily spreads before I started my day, and then I realized that I grew a dependency on them to accurately predict how my day would go (which they did fairly well, but I didn't want to put that kind of pressure on "them" all the time). I eventually stopped with daily readings and used them primarily for questions that I felt like they were better suited for, and not just a constant "What's gonna happen today"--but I did that because I always feel a bit more peaceful and "special" when I get to go out into nature and just relax, and the cards just reminded me of that feeling I get when I go into nature.
Old 15-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Pathfinder
Angel1 My Decks

Oracle Deck:
Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards
by Doreen Virtue

Before any kind of reading or study, I draw a goddess card. Whatever goddess I pull gives me insight into what I need to be looking for, where my mind should be, and what I should focus on.
I also try to draw a goddess every day for inspiration and guidance. I then set the card on my altar where she stays until I draw again... But sometimes I have more than one out if I feel led to do so.
One amazing example of true goddess inspiration:
I had Vesta on my altar for a couple days. Vesta is the Roman fire goddess of home and hearth. During those days I was super productive in my new house; decorating, cleaning, and organizing. She definitely was an inspiration and I was quite grateful.
I highly recommend this deck. It's gorgeous and truly inspirational.

Tarot Decks:
Native American Tarot
This is the first deck I bought. My husband is Native and I am half. Since we've been together, we've explored and tried to uphold Native traditions for our daughter since neither of us were raised the Red Road way.
My readings have always been positive with these cards but the imagery really doesn't speak to my soul the way I feel they should.
I did extensive study and compared them to other decks. I understand them and they know me, but I have set them aside for now. I will pick them back up in the future.

Gilded Tarot
by Ciro Marchetti

This is my favorite deck! It is so beautiful and easy to understand.
I also bought the accompanying book "Easy Tarot Handbook" by Josephine Ellershaw. The book is an excellent tool indeed. She takes you card by card with extensive meanings and image interpretation.
I have been studying this deck for weeks now. I have a special notebook with each page dedicated to one card each. This has helped me become very familiar with my cards and they me.
I have slept with this deck under my pillow for a whole week and I still do that when I wish to dream vividly. It truly knows me. I keep a Lumarian seed crystal with it at all times and i keep the deck in a black velvet bag.
Since owning this deck, I have had prophetic dreams. One has even already come to pass. My intuition is stronger and my abilities are enhancing.
I adore these cards.

Renaissance Tarot
by Brian Williams

I have consecrated this deck and that's about it.
The images are lovely but they don't speak to me nearly as much as the Gilded.
I'm an artist and that's why the imagery is so important to me.
I'll play with this deck eventually I'm sure.