Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 06-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Ascender
''No mum,Tarot isn't devilish...'' Help ?

Lately I have really felt that buying a tarot deck would really help me developing,but there's one problem : Mum think tarot is some kind of devilish thing and she don't tolerate it under her roof.
Well,I've tried to explain to her that it is not,and all but she don't understand how it work and then think its some kind of bad things.
So anyone could help me ?
How can I explain that it hasn't anything bad in using a tarot deck ?
I need to says that mum is also very christian so maybe that explain this...

-This is either madness or brilliance !
- It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide ...
[Captain Jack Sparrow ]
Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Master

Heh. Ask if you can get an angel deck. They are nothing but good messages from the angels. Google one set and show it to her. If she can find anything devilish about THAT, I want to hear her explanation ;)
Old 06-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Sybilline

Yikes! That’s really tough. Well I can’t keep telling you to convince her, cause that might just cause some really big issues. I don’t know if hiding it is a good idea too. Maybe you should try to study all you can about the cards without actually owning them first – go online, read about them, look at the photos, look at the formations (I studied the book a LOT without the cards, my mom had the set with the book and cards and won’t let me touch the cards for quite some time because she thinks I will “infect” it, with my energy, hehehe) and it can take a little while, maybe after that time, you can… well… know if it really is the right kind of divination for you. You might also want to choose a different sort of divination altogether, something more… Subtle, like crystals. Or scrying, with water.

If you still really really really really really really think it’s the right path, after studying what you can about them… Well… I’m gonna have to say go for it. Hide it anywhere but home, keep it in your locker only if your school allows it or keep it in a friend’s house or something. Some people will say it’s dishonest and I really think that can cause a lot of problems in spirituality, so this is of course open for debate.

Sorry mom!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Sybilline

Haha! What WhiteWarrior said is good, too :)) But mind you WhiteWarrior, when things like this come about some Christians can still say it's the Devil in disguise. :(
Old 06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Master
Respect your mums view also, if she doesn't believe, then she doesn't believe.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Master
Vicky, you can use an ordinary deck of playing cards instead. In fact, that was the origin of playing cards.
OR you could use the deck I use which is purely pagan in imagery and based on Celtic mythology.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Administrator
Hello

It might well be from the traditional images in the tarot decks, the "death" and "devil" card send off the wrong messages at times to those not open to understanding them.

There are lots of really nice tarot decks one that comes to mind for those whom LOVe cats is "The Cats Eye Tarot". The imeages are not in any way tradtional.

There too are some cartoon like decks that are tradtional "Gummy Bear Tarot" I personally use the "Halloween Tarot".

Lynn
Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Quintessence

You'd have to ask her exactly why she finds it "devilish." There are many reasons she might think this, and until you isolate the specific reason, it's hard to give advice. If her belief is that divination is taboo according to a sacred text or her god-concept, showing her angle cards isn't going to make a difference. It should be noted that the Bible itself contains many instances of divination, so whether or not the Bible actually condemns it is somewhat up to personal interpretation.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Enya

There are lots of oracle card sets available, so if you explain that you want to seek guidance and grow as a person and that such decks are designed for that purpose, she might accept them a little easier. The Doreen Virtue sets have lots of angels, which may be acceptable. You won't change her mind overnight, but respecting her views and finding a compromise would help.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Ascender
I respect her view of course,and don't want to hide it. So I will really try to understand her point of view and see WHY she thinks that,if she just don't understand,maybe I'll try to explain it to her ?
And then I'll try to show her different kind of tarots,maybe the angel like and all,meanwhile I will study in book,but without the cards :)
Thanks you a lot everyone ,I will try all this :)

-This is either madness or brilliance !
- It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide ...
[Captain Jack Sparrow ]