Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 12-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Master
Song off an album I'd just been thinking about came on the radio

I was just going out to pick my sister up from the station and I was thinking about what music to listen to in the car; for some reason I fancied listening to an album called 'The Bends' by Radiohead, which is an album I haven't listened to in I don't know how long, but I had second thoughts and thought I'd just listen to the radio instead - and wouldn't you know it, the next song that came on was my favourite song from that album, 'High and Dry'. It's not even the sort of song I'd expect to hear on that particular radio station, either, so it really did feel like one of those nice little moments that makes you feel like the universe is listening in on your thoughts

Got me to wondering what the universe might be trying to tell me, if anything - the central refrain of the song is, 'Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry,' so it would appear to be pretty obviously about lingering feelings of abandonment I still haven't processed. I guess maybe it's just giving me a prod to acknowledge those feelings? Wow, though, it does seem like such a relevant song when I think about the lyrics - I think it's essentially about trying to find love outside of yourself, and the damage that can cause. Kind of a funny one, because I've been inwardly-oriented for the last two-three years, haven't really been very interested at all in a relationship for the most part, so it almost seems like it's preaching to the choir. But maybe there's still a part of me that's still looking for love 'out there', maybe it's just a reminder.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Master
Synchronicity ( so its called ). Awesome. Thats really cool to know the universe is responding to you. Just be aware of all the signs. Amen
Old 13-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Synchronicity ( so its called ). Awesome. Thats really cool to know the universe is responding to you. Just be aware of all the signs. Amen
Awesome indeed It requires a certain sensitivity, I think, firstly to be aware of the signs, as you say, and also to be able to discern what it is they're trying to point you towards. But that comes pretty naturally as you become more conscious and more self-aware, I think.
Old 14-08-2019, 05:48 AM
Master

There are thousands/millions of co-incidences every day but we don't walk around calling them synchronicities.
Jung would turn in his grave.
Old 14-08-2019, 07:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
There are thousands/millions of co-incidences every day but we don't walk around calling them synchronicities.
Jung would turn in his grave.
Ordinarily I'd agree with you, and Lord knows I'm usually the world's biggest sceptic. Did feel like a sign to me though.

(Funny you should post, actually, because your namesake Sir Matt Busby managed my team Manchester United, and I also happen to share a birthday with him [May 26th]. That probably IS just a coincidence, though )
Old 15-08-2019, 05:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Ordinarily I'd agree with you, and Lord knows I'm usually the world's biggest sceptic. Did feel like a sign to me though.

(Funny you should post, actually, because your namesake Sir Matt Busby managed my team Manchester United, and I also happen to share a birthday with him [May 26th]. That probably IS just a coincidence, though )

It is indeed a small world.

I've never forgotten the day of the Munich air crash and the fighting spirit of Matt Busby to get back on his feet and get his team together again. I was 20 at the time.

Soooo when I was looking for a name for my contributions to various themes I recalled Matt Busby and decided that I could in this way preserve my admiration for him.

!!!
Old 15-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It is indeed a small world.

I've never forgotten the day of the Munich air crash and the fighting spirit of Matt Busby to get back on his feet and get his team together again. I was 20 at the time.

Soooo when I was looking for a name for my contributions to various themes I recalled Matt Busby and decided that I could in this way preserve my admiration for him.

!!!
Oh wow, really? Yeah, he was a remarkable man all right, United wouldn't be the club it is today without his efforts, that's for sure - excellent choice for a screen-name