Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 09-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Newbie ;)

HI

IS wicca the same thing as satian. I don't do wicca but I was just wondering if wicca is a bad thing for Christians?
Old 15-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Pathfinder

Nope not at all, Wiccans actually don't believe in Satan. I don't know much about Satanism but they use the inverted pentagram. Most Wiccans believe in multiple Gods and Goddesses. The rule of thumb for Wicca is to harm none. Unfortunately throughout history outsiders have not seen it this way. There has been a lot of fear instilled. I was raised atheist and still had a fear based mindset of the religion until my awakening began and I began to research it. I still have much to learn.
Old 17-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Master
Wicca is not the same thing as Satan.

Wicca is a pagan religion, with usually multiple deities, not always a full fledged pantheon of them, sometimes an individual worships a couple or a few. Wiccans celebrate religious holidays.

Witchcraft is not Satan. Witchcraft is simply those whom practice use of magic. They usually are not all Wiccan. Some do not observe holidays. The point of Wicca being called this- is it is a religion in itself with adherence to the Sabbats.

I am pagan, because I practice a form of sorcery- or divination.

I am also however, monotheistic, and not Wiccan. I do not adhere strictly to the religion of Wicca.

I actually worship the Christian God. But Christians will not accept me, because I practice a natural form of divination. I merely have psychic ability. For this I am a heathen, in the eyes of the congregation.

I am not accepted into my own chosen religion despite worshiping the very same God, that is to say because I can not do anything about psychic gifts, or my love for reading for others energetically to be of their service.

My own chosen religion (Christianity) denies me. So instead I call myself pagan, as I practice sorcery.

However I am monotheistic and worship the Christian God. But I can't be called Christian as dictated by clergy.

And of course a book.

Neither Wicca, witchcraft, or sorcery is Satan.

I am not inclined to believe Satan does not exist. I've met a demonic being quite like Satan, but when I had asked if that is what or who he was, my response was laughter.

And the response "Whom is Satan"?

And, "Humans are ignorant and arrogant".

This being did give me a name when I prompted for it to answer me it's name. It wasn't Satan. Irregards I will not share the name here.

I personally do not feel a Satan exists. I know via my own eyes and experience evil exists.

It is possible IMO Lucifer exists.

But this being called Satan/Lucifer. I believe it is also possible is not called by either of these two names.

But to answer, No Wicca is not the same thing as Satan.

Neither is Witchcraft or Sorcery.

These are merely differing faiths.

That many do not remotely understand.

Especially so, if there are people whom even ask is Satan the same as Wicca?

Wicca isn't a devil or entity in the first place.

Wicca is technically a Religion. Witchcraft and Sorcery would constitute more a way of life, or way of practice.

Good and Evil are subject to change on the mere whims, of whomever is perceiving it.
Old 17-03-2018, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't know much about Satanism but they use the inverted pentagram.

Satanism I know a little about. There is the Lavey variety, which essentially basis its ritual often enough on mocking of christian ritual, much so like suppose a holy mass, performed backwards, etc. Lavey Satanism focuses on viewing oneself as God. Meaning they truly do not worship an outside influence or deity but rather deem that they are in complete control of their lives and they dictate what happens therein it- they create their own life, values, morals, they strive to live a life of freedom from either belief or blame in, or of God. They hold to the faith of taking complete and absolute responsibility for their own actions.

I find this to be quite respectful for the most part and the only reason I do not feel I fit in the category of a Lavey type Satanist is simply I don't care much to mock the religion of another individual or group, and I absolutely have faith in a God beyond myself.

Then you have theistic Satanists who believe Satan to be a being, and worship Satan as a literal deity. This type of Satanism I know nothing about. The best way to find out I feel would be simply if you want to know something all you must do is ask, or rather the way to know what a theistic Satanist's thinks of Satanism or their deity is to ask them.

And further why be afraid of this? To ask? Even for a Christian. You would only be asking a question. Not converting. It does not hurt and would not kill one to ask. I feel that is what is wrong with a lot of humanity today. They have this insatiable need to be right. And judgement even before they take not but ten-15 or hopefully more minutes of their time to have an actual conversation and to simply ask someone else how they actually feel.

As for the inverted pentagram. I use my makeshift pentagram inverted myself. It does not symbolize Satan at all to me. I am not a Satanist even of the Lavey variety. It symbolizes something else to me.

Wiccans use the pentagram upright. The use of the pentacle if this information is correct was based off of the use of it by Ceremonial Magicians, I am not a Ceremonial Magician.

I use it inverted simply because I use polarities within my usage of magic. It is simply a technique I choose.

An inverted pentagram itself even is not by any means evil, the usage of one inverted that is.

Where do people get off calling other people evil anyway, and simply because of how they willfully choose to do things? I can understand if someone has literally done something beyond a doubt wrong, but because I use a pentagram upside down?

I am a very opposite individual. It feels right.

Then again I am not a Satanist.

Many pagans aren't....

I would never worship a deity other than God. God has never lied to me....

I can not tell you or explain to you how I feel about God- Not Satan- the love, the grief, the sheer anger.

Words simply do not suffice.