Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Ascender

Hello Busby. Understood-and thanks for explaining.

Hello all.
Pondering upon the statement "all is on" suddenly brought into my mind the words of the apparently ancient song "green grow the rushes o"the first verse of which--and perhaps many of us know these lines by heart and can sing along together--is

"I'll sing you one O, Green grow the rushes O, What is your one O ? One is one and all alone, And evermore shall be so."

A quick enquiry on a search engine revealed a number of references. One in particular concerned with hymns and carols of Christmas had some information regarding the history of the song. A 19th century source quoted on that site says that In different forms it occurs in very many ancient and modern languages from Hebrew downwards. It's purport seems to have been a more or less theological one.

Then going on to say that certain numbers are identical in all Christian versions and even in th Hebrew version.
With reference to verse one the source says that. With the exception of some trifling varieties of reading as "lies all alone" or "is left all alone" all versions agree in this couplet-- then offers this opinion/belief---which certainly refers to God Almighty.

I cannot say that this information provides a bridge between ways of thought, but it does seem to be evidence of a long time interest in the relationship of "all" and "one". petex
Old 07-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Pathfinder
Logic tells me that the only certainty is I AM.
On the other hand I can go a step further and Understand how I AM is just an appearance on the screen like a cartoon being flipped through pages where different scenes create the sensation of there being motion.
So I am Aware of the motion and mistake myself for being the Actor.
In reality I have core beliefs that separate me from the River of Life and I am here to work through these schisms and merge back into the Harmony of the Universe. Let the separate self die until I experience that which the Buddha called Buddha Nature and attain the Middle Way.