Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 17-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Master

What is the future of our planet?

Hi there

I was just watching a science show where an astronaut was being interviewed and he was speaking about witnessing the rapid changes to our planets forests we have made since he first started going into space.
He goes into space every 3 or so years and each time he goes we have he see's more and more deforestation.
I am feeling quite distressed lately, it feels like we may be beyond the point of return. In my country we just voted in a climate change denier leader who basically does not give a toss about the future of our planet. Many of the states and territory's have now opened up our national parks to heavy stock grazing.
I take the action that I can but it's such a small effort it can feel pointless sometimes.
It's quite an emotional thing for me, I am so sad about what we are doing to our planet, and I so want to hope for a change but I am feeling quite pessimistic about the future of our planet at the moment.
What do you guys think? Do you have hope? Do you see change on the horizon?
Old 17-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Experiencer

I do have hope. I can not give in to sadness and fear, but it is a real battle sometimes not to... a real struggle. But I believe all things are possible with God. Miracles do happen and so there is always hope. I believe our planet will overcome with an amazing resilience. And I feel that what happens - good or bad - is what was meant to happen for our growth/evolution.
Old 19-10-2013, 11:59 AM
africh

this world is name of Miracles, our existence on Earth is miracle, I don't bother much for this. I agree we are not doing well with our planet. but m still hopeful, GOD will save us and our planet. :)
Old 20-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Master

Hi :)
I guess it is hard for me to really think in terms of miracles and god being the saviour and all that, I'd love to believe that a god could save our planet but my concept of god is that we are all co-creators and caretakers of earth and our experiances on earth.

I hope that we as humans learn to co-habitats with earth other and nature with a great degree more harmony than we have shown in the past (Easter Island comes to mind).
We are responsible for the way we treat each other and our planet and I just hope we as a collective are able to get our **** together soon.
A huge part of it is on our leaders as well which ****es me off a great deal at times when we have these poor examples of leaders across the world stage who seem only interested in short term gain often at the detriment of our future.
None of them seem very apt at showing foresight or compassion and it makes me wonder what I can do in my own tiny world that will make a difference beyond me and my little universe.
That's why I wonder what now? Will there come a time that the ones who seek change are able to pick up the momentum and create wide scale change or are we as a collective destined to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again in some vain hope that a 'miracle from outside' will save us?
Sorry for the rant, I love to be out in nature as often as I can be and I'd hate to live on a planet where the only access to forests I have is in a museum.
Old 20-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Master

Sorry for the pessimistic sounding rant, I sometimes see and hear of what has been done to our planet on behalf of 'development' and I feel quite sad. I'm not a hugely sensitive person most of the time but I feel a deep affinity with nature.
Old 21-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Well i for one dont believe in climate change ppl in power blaming everyone for it,they need to look to themselves they are the ones that put man in space.braking the barrior.leaving rubbish in space so if anyone is to blame its them.but on another note,the world can not continue as it is to many people etc killing all living things trees animals etc.man is the scurge of the earth.what they cant have they take.well mother nature fights back. if they continue to destroy everything man will suffer for it.

Namaste
Old 21-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Dream Librarian

I think salvation comes when people learn to live inside out instead of upside down. The latter seems very dominant in some parts of religious and spiritual thinking. The struggle with that is that it drains the world of spirit making it imbalanced. You could say materialism (in the form it has in some western/modern thoughts) is the opposite of some spiritual/religious patterns of existence and might only exist as a counter meassure to balance the world. When both worlds spin away from each other it creates separation thus making you hold tighter to your own belief as that is where you find safety. I seem to ramble without any clarity of where I am heading with this... maybe someone else can polish it, or maybe I will return when I have a sense of direction. But basically I do not worry, I see a bright beautiful lush world in my existence right here in the present moment, and if each of us ground our light energies on Earth then Earth is capable of sustaining infinite realities. We should put away our striving towards ascended worlds... Earth is a masterpiece and all we have to do is realize it is so no matter what shape she takes. Okay now I stop my rambling
Old 11-11-2013, 04:48 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Sorry for the pessimistic sounding rant, I sometimes see and hear of what has been done to our planet on behalf of 'development' and I feel quite sad. I'm not a hugely sensitive person most of the time but I feel a deep affinity with nature.
Hi RedEmbers. This is a good question and no, I do not see your post as pessimistic. I, like you, am quite concerned about what we are doing to this planet, and other creatures on it. I actually watched a documentary the other day, I think it was called "Samsura" (?) - no narration, just image after image of the natural wonders and the horrific abuses on the planet and life beings. I saw this poor pig trapped in a nursing crate, to nurse her babies but she couldn't move. I burst into tears (and yes, I am a sensitive person) and nearly vomited - I wish I coulda "unseen" that!

I really think that the planet, who I call Mother Earth, is much stronger than her greedy, thoughtless, self-entitled human children who poison her and take from her and dig into her. I think she will survive after we kill ourselves off with all what we are doing to our environment. I have to wonder if all these storms and disasters are the earth trying to cleanse herself. Note: I am NOT suggesting this is happening as a "punishment" to any specific group people. Humans are the only species that have developed technologies that prolong life and so much of it negatively affects the planet by how many humans are living here, crowding out the rest of the species that live here as well. I think Mother Earth is trying to balance the populations, just like she does in the "wild" (life cycles of all the wilderness life beings.)

When I get really bummed out about what is happening to the planet, I remember my own tiny little approach - to be part of the solution (reduce, reuse, recycle) and not the problem. Every plastic bottle I recycle or replace with reuseable containers, I am conscious of how that act tells Mama Aki/Mother earth that so many of us still love and respect her. Sometimes I think I don't do enough and wish I had the knowledge and money to be able to "live off the grid" - but I do what I can and pray for Her.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Master
I find what I hear on the news, and the fact that there have been true heroes who have fought against all the insane stuff that big companies do to the rain forests, etc. -- those who gave their very lives to fight against this destruction -- Yet, you and I can only do what you and I can do -- I sign petition after petition online for all sorts of things like this and then some. I found a way to do something, and I can sleep easier knowing that I did sign all these petitions. I also tweet and pin articles about these kinds of things.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Major effects will come from climate change. Coupled with this are peak oil and economic collapse.