Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
With respect, a phrase may mean something different to one person than it does to another.
From a treatment perspective, there's no such thing -- although there are profound benefits of healing such issues.
I find client's expectations about the intractibility of their problm to be mostly inaccurate. Also, believing it's difficult to treat will probably make it so when self-treating.

Quote:
Perhaps it would help for you to explain how EFT might aide the original poster.
"Wound" implies emotional hurt. EFT can clear any of these and is simple enough for anyone to use. It's also freely available from emofree.com.

Thanks for asking.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:10 AM
MYFIGO

I'm sorry, I thought the question was something different originally. My answer doesn't seem to apply to the question of can one heal deeply embedded wounds themselves.

Let me try again. Yes, I do believe one can accomplish self healing of even deeply embedded wounds. There is a book called "The Emotion Code" by Dr. Bradley Nelson.

In it he describes a way to let the body communicate to you the hidden emotions and walls. The walls are ways we protect ourselves. It is a most interesting book to read.

Each time we build a wall, we separate a portion of ourselves. Healing is about remembering who we are and allowing all of ourselves to come together.

Healing the wound may only require examining the way you feel and asking yourself why you feel that way. Then asking, what would happen if you didn't feel that way. Sometimes addressing the feelings and why you are hanging on to that way of feeling is enough to let go of them. You are no longer the person you were when those events happened. Perhaps as a matured person, you are now ready to deal with them fully.

Should you heal yourself? and without professional help? You are the best judge of that. Of course, we should be making a conscious effort to grow and heal ourselves. Just be aware that professional help may be wise depending on the situation and how well you handled it. Working with a skilled professional could save you a lot of grief and distress.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:44 AM
orca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeThePhoenix
Are there ways to do this on your own?

Hi Mike,

I guess my answer is: It depends.

Yes, there are ways to do this on your own but I am not sure one can get there completely on their own. You can do some good stuff, but eventually most people need a bit of help because everyone has blindspots. And it is hard for us to see our own blindspots...

It also depends on the type of wound it is. If it is a wound that involves deep connection with people, to me it doesn't work so well to try to heal that kind of wound in isolation by yourself because, well, that's part of the issue. Wanting or needing to do everything all by oneself, in hopes that that way something will happen that will help one connect with other people. It doesn't tend to work that way. If the wound is difficulty in connection with others, you kind of need a way to actually start connecting with others to heal that wound. Doing it all by yourself doesn't carry enough of the connection vibration to heal a connection wound.

Other wounds might be different.

Hope that makes sense. Just my .02.

Orca
Old 04-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
From a treatment perspective, there's no such thing -- although there are profound benefits of healing such issues.
I find client's expectations about the intractibility of their problm to be mostly inaccurate. Also, believing it's difficult to treat will probably make it so when self-treating.

"Wound" implies emotional hurt. EFT can clear any of these and is simple enough for anyone to use. It's also freely available from emofree.com.

Thanks for asking.

I feel, especially if you practise EFT, it would be beneficial for you to research developmental psychology. I would go into it further, but I don't want to hijack the thread. But I hope you will have a look into this.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
I feel, especially if you practise EFT, it would be beneficial for you to research developmental psychology.
Why? I don't treat children and a lot of that work contradicts itself.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Why? I don't treat children and a lot of that work contradicts itself.

By understanding developmental psychology, I felt it would give you a better understanding into the effect that wounds can have upon the developmental process. My point being, that 'wound' does not necessarily signify simple emotional hurt that EFT alone will cure.

In my opinion, healing is a process that needs to be approached from multiple angles. The more understanding you have, the better able you become to treat holistically and to adjust treatment to best help the individual. Moreover, a healer sometimes needs the ability to pass on a client to somebody better suited to their needs.

I'm not going to enter into an argument with you.

If you look into the suggestion I made, then you'll either find why or why it's not suitable for you. But I see little point to closing off and questioning me.

The suggestion is there, you may take it or continue as you are.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
By understanding developmental psychology, I felt it would give you a better understanding into the effect that wounds can have upon the developmental process. My point being, that 'wound' does not necessarily signify simple emotional hurt that EFT alone will cure.

In my opinion, healing is a process that needs to be approached from multiple angles. The more understanding you have, the better able you become to treat holistically and to adjust treatment to best help the individual. Moreover, a healer sometimes needs the ability to pass on a client to somebody better suited to their needs.

I'm not going to enter into an argument with you.

If you look into the suggestion I made, then you'll either find why or why it's not suitable for you. But I see little point to closing off and questioning me.

The suggestion is there, you may take it or continue as you are.
Whilst that isn't bad advice in general, it's a bit daunting for someone starting to look at self-treating.
You might want to check out my credentials btw.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Ivy

It was advice to you though. Not to the OP.

Having checked out your qualifications, you say you're trained in psychotherapy. Taking that into consideration, I find it strange that you proclaim that there is no such thing as a deeply embedded wound to a person who has chosen to use that phrase to describe their own inner world.

To that person there is such a feeling as a wound being deeply embedded. It's up to you to find out what that means to the person - rather than simply deny it.

In your next post, you indicated that it means an intractability of the wound and that 'wound' means emotional hurt.

Firstly, people create their own meanings to words (hence the need to ask and let the healee express themselves before denying their view). Secondly, as a psychotherapist you will recognise that certain wounds embed themselves into all aspects of the personality/psychology of a person and not just into their emotional understanding.

The way I view the expression 'deeply embedded wound' is that it goes beyond the emotional and perforates into a persons entire view of the world around them. I don't view an embedded wound as being unable to heal...

I believe that deeply embedded wounds can bring healing - not a healing that will get rid of the past, or will train a person to be somebody different - but a holistic healing to bring a person to an acceptance of ALL that they are. To incorporate the scars into that acceptance and to see the beauty that has come from experience.

Whatever your credentials...it doesn't hurt to listen to anothers point of view. It will get you further than any qualification could.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Having checked out your qualifications, you say you're trained in psychotherapy. Taking that into consideration, I find it strange that you proclaim that there is no such thing as a deeply embedded wound to a person who has chosen to use that phrase to describe their own inner world.
I already explained why it's a limiting belief and, having treated hundreds of them, I can categorically state there's no such thing. If that makes sense.

I'm not just trained in psychotherapy. I've been at the top of this field for 8+ years.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Master

I believe that if you ask, it is given. So, you asked, it is given, and it's your job to allow the healing.

I will point the way to what helped me, and it always feels good. Go to you tube, type in Abraham Hicks healing, and listen to one of Abraham's snipets on healing and see what that feels like.

Healing is about feeling your way through life, feeling your way into healing.

You can do it by yourself if you believe you can, you can do it with others help if you believe that will help. It is all about what you believe really. And you can change your beliefs if they are not serving you well.

Light.