Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Pathfinder

Getting over astral projection fear?

Hi,
I have been trying on and off to have an AP, but with no success yet. I have had lucid dreams of AP and have been in the vibrational state multiple times, all to no success. Everytime I am short of leaving my body fear keeps holding me back. During the day, I am not scared to project but most of my projection attempts are at 3 a.m. I live in a place where outside there is almost no light so my room is always pitch black.
Is astral projection even possible if you are scared?
Thanks in advance.
Old 18-12-2017, 07:29 AM
Suspended
CreatureOfLight lol.. your username is cool, 3 am in the morning or anytime really once you have woken up in the night and are going back to sleep can be the most easy time to AP, even in the early mornings when it's starting to be day time and in my experience and also i have heard the same thing from others too, that if you get freaked out or very excited you can come out of the experience, that can end it sometimes.

Is AP even possible if you are scared? it's possible, every one can do it, if your scared you might be stopping yourself though it's kinda like saying yes! i want to! but... no... no i don't, but yes!! i will but.. no.. no.. yes!! you know what i mean? sounds like your close though in your attempts, you can have all kinds of sensations as your about to AP as well or none.
Old 18-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatureoflight
Hi,
I have been trying on and off to have an AP, but with no success yet. I have had lucid dreams of AP and have been in the vibrational state multiple times, all to no success. Everytime I am short of leaving my body fear keeps holding me back. During the day, I am not scared to project but most of my projection attempts are at 3 a.m. I live in a place where outside there is almost no light so my room is always pitch black.
Is astral projection even possible if you are scared?
Thanks in advance.

Fear is a BLOCK ...... as it is an OVER ATTACHMENT to the body and mind , neither of which is the REAL YOU ~

Try to IDENTIFY the Fear thought. Is it fear of not returning? You will ....
Is it fear of death? there is no such thing to the True Self ~
Is it fear of demons? here some self work may be needed ...... it is not wise to Astral Project without your own Cloak of LIGHT , the Divine Light is the PROTECTION and you CANNOT be seen by such Forces when your Astral Body is LIGHT.
Never attempt to Astral Project without first FORGIVING ALL including Self .... that is how you earn your LIGHT ~
Old 19-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

you should not fear your own self trying to do new things , that creates an useless energy cycle in your own reality of taking energy from your self , as which fear is
darkness is good sunlight diminishes the energy for such actions
Old 20-12-2017, 02:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Perhaps working on fears alongside the astral projection exercises would be a quicker route for you, define your fears first of all are you afraid of psychic and spiritual phenomena? are you afraid of death? are you afraid of what's in the dark? are you afraid of your imagination? Exploring these aspects in my case led me to form my own beliefs and perceptions around the psychic realms, life after death and most importantly God because therein lies our protection, to develop spiritually and therefore psychically we're required to learn to trust our connection to the divine and to achieve that you have to learn faith either through traditional religions or esoteric mystical pursuits like tarot cards which act to reflect any fears and blocks back to us and may be a good starting point depending on your views but go with what you're drawn to.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Newbie ;)

I experience something similar. I wouldnt say its fear because Im not afraid, at least I dont feel like I am. But everytime I get to the vibrational stage my heart starts racing so fast it feels like its beating out of my chest and then I "come to" so to speak and the vibrations go away and I regain all of my senses.

I have been on that brink many times. Even gotten to the point where my body felt like it was spinning like a helicopter in circles and I couldnt tell which end of the bed i was on and I got dizzy and snapped out of it.

Eventually I gave up and have tried doing it again more recently but more often than not I just fall asleep right away or fall into a lucid dream.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:46 AM
Administrator
Hello

Fear is the major obstacles for beginners when it comes to Astral Projection. While the fear is natural to fear the unknown, it often becomes what stands in the way of success. There are a few things that can help break down this fear.

The fist thing we have to remember is that fear is not the enemy it is something that is there in our primal being that keeps us safe. We have to face our fears directly and head on to move around them. We have in us that human curiosity that is tied deeply to our primal survival skills. Being positive and taking that positive attitude forwards will help, as the experience is worth the journey.

We too have that logic center in our brain, that part that no matter how hard we try to shut it down its there, that skepticism part of our being. There is so much information out there available now to read or view, what we have to remember is that we have always been doing this projection thing. It is also a very individual experience as is being human, each of us have our own unique vibration of energy and our own way we find a path to project that energy outwards.

We do not (for the most part) have a fear of going to sleep at night, and well not waking up again. So, it’s the same with Astral Projection there should be no fear in going out and not coming back in again.

Keeping the brain positive and keeping in the forefront of the thoughts that it is a safe. Remembering always that you are the one in control of your own experience and that you control the outcome. Look at it in the way one does in a theater watching the big screen and the movie playing is a horror flick, we know that parts of the movie are going to trigger that place where we look away, or let out a scream yet we still want to sit there and view it.

There is something that might trigger us to shut down the experience of leaving this is often referred to as “Sleep Paralysis” but in Astral Projection terms its more commonly called “Heavy Torso Exit”. This is where meditation or something in a trance like music background playing at times helps calm the brain.

We think of it being dark when we want to project and some even go to 3 AM with that being the best time. The truth is that that dark at times blocks the flow and at times brings in more fear. It is too easy at times to imagine things in a dark room like we do when we are children, and that idea of a monster in the closet or under the bed creeps in.

The best time for a projection is first thing in the AM when you have had a good night’s rest and are refreshed and ready to face a new day. The room being filled with light takes out any of those shadows and can greatly reduce the fears we might have.

Lynn