Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 08-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Knower
PLEASE help me interpret a dream

Hi guys, I would really appreciate some insight on a dream that my mother in law had about her deceased son last night. She woke up crying and I would like to help her out.

So in the dream, her son who passed away in a car accident 7 years ago, came to her in her dream last night around 1 am. He knocked at the door and she opened it, and was shocked to see that it was him. His hair was white, he was wearing a jacket, he seemed cold, but was smiling. They hugged each other, she turned to the left and saw her father, who passed away 30 years ago who was laying on a bed and also had white hair. The room was dark and her father had a big smile as he saw her son(his grandson) walk in to the room. After her son hugged her, he told her that he didn't want to be here anymore(here on earth). The tone that he said it in, was firm and honest. She woke up from her dream after that.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Guide

My first thoughts are to ask you if you or your mother in law feels her son has been earth bound for 7 years unable to cross over? The fact that her father who passed 30 years ago was there as well suggests maybe he was there to guide him to the light.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Knower
How would we know if he was earth bound? We just thought that maybe he was no longer happy while he was living. We def. have felt his presence before but no as much anymore.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Guide

Its just a possibility for a spirit to stay earth bound when they pass suddenly, like in a car accident, so maybe that's what he meant when he said he didn't want to be here anymore. Now that I re-read the post, was your mother in laws dream implying that the accident happened because he didn't want to be here anymore? Like as if it wasn't an accident?
Old 09-11-2018, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
I do think the dream was helping her have clarity. From what I understand we can survive a lot of accidents but many of them are crossroads. An opportunity for the soul to choose whether to stay or go. Sounds like he was given the option to stay or go and decided to go maybe not realizing how hard it would be on his mother. Maybe it was an attempt to help her find peace with his death.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Knower
thank you Lucky, and thank you Michelle11. She said that makes sense, because the last dream she had about him, he was paralyzed from the neck down...and just maybe, that could have been his outcome after the accident, and maybe he just didn't want that. Interesting!
Thank you guys for your insight.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator
Yes it may have been that way. I read a story of someone who had a car accident near death and they were given the option to come back but warned it would be intensely physically challenging. They chose to come back but had a crazy tough road to recovery. Maybe in some ways the son didn't want to be a burden if they were paralyzed. My heart goes out the mother. The loss of a child must be profoundly hard
Old 11-11-2018, 02:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aduff
thank you Lucky, and thank you Michelle11. She said that makes sense, because the last dream she had about him, he was paralyzed from the neck down...and just maybe, that could have been his outcome after the accident, and maybe he just didn't want that. Interesting!
Thank you guys for your insight.

yeah the dream in your first post being the subsequent one definitely makes a lot of sense after that one. I mean I wouldn't really claim to know anything about dreams but just felt like posting in here anyway. As others said I think the dream had to do with them letting her know it's ok to let go and they'll be at peace. to me the white hair seems like a sign that they've aged in her mind when that doesn't necessarily have to happen, and she can let go of them in that sense. of course white is also a color of peace though. it's interesting to speculate on the matter of whether we holding onto pieces of people in certain ways effects them hereafter or not. hopefully overall their spirit becomes free automatically, but parts of our consciousness could be entangled with them and we are all/both better off when the person on Earth can come to accept and be at peace with the physical absence. it's understandable for both sides to want to hang on I imagine and maybe that even serves some purpose, but there are of course ways we can sever the connection in positive ways besides just letting time do its magic. honestly it sucks to think about, but many times it does seem that death happened for a reason though I'd rather think things don't need to or shouldn't die.. but there's almost always a lesson and a different kind of love and richness to feel from loss, though we'd rather have our loved one present still. I guess that is part of life, how a life can encompass so much meaning and sentiment and that legacy lives on and becomes a part of someone else when their loved one dies a physical death. but while I have pretty much no experience with it, I do believe in certain interactions with the afterlife and the present one. and dreams since that was your initial topic are incredible to wonder about.. funny thing is when I dream it is almost always about mundane things that could actually happen or mirrors things that did or are real life worries, never really fantasy things and when they were, well like one time a dream had a fantasy teleportation forest element to it, but it was kind of from a video game I had played lol so not exactly a true fantasy dream. off the topic though sorry! thanks for sharing your post and glad you and your mother in law already got some peace with this dream and insight others shared. it could also be that the paralysis had to do with being held in limbo a little cuz she hadn't let go yet but now she has and they both can be freer