Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 04-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Newbie ;)

I do about 15 mins per day with an hour long session somewhere in the week.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Master
Nice Shadow.....
Thanks for sharing guys.
Spiritlite.
Old 20-07-2018, 04:05 AM
Experiencer

5 times an agent)) of your choice.
Old 28-07-2018, 04:18 AM
Ascender
It just takes time.

-After one session, you feel nice and stretched out
-Three sessions a week and you're breathing through difficulties not just in asana but day to day life challenges
-Over the course of months and years, you're changing spiritually, energetically and finding stillness in the hard moments
Old 09-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Master
I take it this is about the exercises. Everyone's different, some people take years, others weeks. Some people get injuries and pain when they do it daily, but I can do long sessions (+30 minutes) twice a day and never have any issue. Sometimes it feels like I have turned my body into a gibbon. If I skip a day I know something's off. Yoga made me realize how stiff we humans live, even if we're healthy and slim. I consider it an absolute essential for health now.
I think it's best to combine it with meditation, start with 10 minutes and work your way up, just stop when the legs start going numb.
Old 14-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Deactivated Account
I practice everyday if possible. I use to do it maybe 3 to 4 times a week for around 30 minutes, but over the last year I practice almost everyday normally for about 1 hour. I've also re-joined a class. Although I don't need to go to class I've found it much better doing it in a group. I recommend joining a class.
Old 16-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
I practice everyday if possible. I use to do it maybe 3 to 4 times a week for around 30 minutes, but over the last year I practice almost everyday normally for about 1 hour. I've also re-joined a class. Although I don't need to go to class I've found it much better doing it in a group. I recommend joining a class.
Yes class is good. Others may see things you don't realize yourself.. straight back or not, distance between hands, etc.
If you always do something incorrectly you can injure yourself over time..
Old 17-09-2018, 06:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes class is good. Others may see things you don't realize yourself.. straight back or not, distance between hands, etc.
If you always do something incorrectly you can injure yourself over time..

Yes that's true. I have been to classes where some teachers will just demonstrate, whilst other teachers will walk around the class correcting people if they are doing the posture wrong. Personally I just find the energy I get from the group very nice. Im introverted personality, im not big on group stuff, but I find yoga in a group much more beneficial. Om chanting is great:)
Old 20-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Seeker

I love doing yoga and I definitely miss it when I skip a day. It feels so good in my body when I am getting those stretches in, and it helps me feel powerful and strong. So much benefit to doing it on a regular basis.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:58 AM
Ascender
I've been doing hot yoga 4-5 days a week the past year in the late afternoon/evening. I've now started doing my own morning flow in front of my fire place every day. Do it on my breaks at work sometimes too. It's like I can't get enough.