Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 20-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Master
Yeah.. it is in those simple moments as well..

I have always had an appreciation/reverence for nature but Yoga has made it much stronger. I can now look at the detail of flowers or a bird for very long, just being mesmerized in a way I don't think I quite did before. By the way, next time I'm in the mountains and I'm at the top I will certainly drop my knees and pray. I don't care if the gods think that makes me silly, or if it's futile to gain attention, or if they laugh.. I will still do it because I want to, it's part of being human..

I never quite connected to the whole ''forget the outer, it's all idols, just go within'' message. Yeah, we do need to go within but that's no reason to not appreciate the outer. It's what I appreciate about some churches, Hindu shrines, pagan forest groves etc. It's all about connecting the outer with the inner..

Old 20-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

I have always had an appreciation/reverence for nature but Yoga has made it much stronger mountains and I'm at the top I will certainly drop my knees and pray. I don't care if the gods think that makes me silly, or if it's futile to gain attention, or if they laugh.. I will still do it because I want to, it's part of being human..

I never quite connected to the whole ''forget the outer, it's all idols, just go within'' message. Yeah, we do need to go within but that's no reason to not appreciate the outer. It's what I appreciate about some churches, Hindu shrines, pagan forest groves etc. It's all about connecting the outer with the inner..

' I can now look at the detail of flowers or a bird for very long, just being mesmerized in a way I don't think I quite did before. '

Wait until you just observe without thought
Old 20-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Master

I would suggest that true worship is inspired by recognition of self rather than recognition of God/the divine. John 4:24....."God is spirit, and his worshipper must worship in spirit and in truth". The truth that we can most likely access is the truth about ourselves. To discover this truth we must possess humility. We recognize our shortcomings and can postulate that something/someone is greater that ourselves. Can we truthfully say that we recognize that which is almost undefinable...? something that we cannot see or touch? Only when we open ourselves to this realization can we encounter the Spirit.
Old 20-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I would suggest that true worship is inspired by recognition of self rather than recognition of God/the divine. John 4:24....."God is spirit, and his worshipper must worship in spirit and in truth". The truth that we can most likely access is the truth about ourselves. To discover this truth we must possess humility. We recognize our shortcomings and can postulate that something/someone is greater that ourselves. Can we truthfully say that we recognize that which is almost undefinable...? something that we cannot see or touch? Only when we open ourselves to this realization can we encounter the Spirit.

' something/someone is greater that ourselves '

Maybe that's how you see it but others would disagree.
In my eyes, everyone is equal, nobody is greater.....
Old 20-06-2019, 07:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' something/someone is greater that ourselves '

Maybe that's how you see it but others would disagree.
In my eyes, everyone is equal, nobody is greater.....

sky123,

Equal in what way? I have expressed my thoughts on equality numerous times so it would help if you clarified what equality means to you.....thanks...…:)
Old 20-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
sky123,

Equal in what way? I have expressed my thoughts on equality numerous times so it would help if you clarified what equality means to you.....thanks...…:)

All sentient beings are equal in that they are all subject to the same laws of nature, cause and effect. We are all subject to birth and death.
Old 24-06-2019, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

I have always had an appreciation/reverence for nature but Yoga has made it much stronger. I can now look at the detail of flowers or a bird for very long, just being mesmerized in a way I don't think I quite did before. By the way, next time I'm in the mountains and I'm at the top I will certainly drop my knees and pray. I don't care if the gods think that makes me silly, or if it's futile to gain attention, or if they laugh.. I will still do it because I want to, it's part of being human..

I am exactly the same way.

In my personal experience, I have also found it very rare (on SF at least) to find another who does not say; "why even bother looking without, when it is all within yourself?" The problem is, of course, whenever I look within myself for answers, it is often very difficult for me to distinguish the Ego from the "true Self" because the Ego should receive many Academy Awards for it's very convincing portrayal of who Shivani Devi REALLY is and it also seems that many people have allowed themselves to become fooled by it and then try and pass it off to ME like a hot potato.

When I say that I pray to the God outside myself, so I can also find that God within, they will say "you are wrong! you are doing it the wrong way around!" and the ONLY answer to that one is "bite me". It is the reason why I am a Hindu and NOT a Buddhist...why I follow the path of Bhakti Yoga and not Advaita Vedanta..."oy Shivani, it even says in the Vedas there is NO God other than Self, so if you don't follow the Vedas, how can you call yourself a true Hindu?".."BITE ME...

I follow the path of Shaiva Siddhanta or Pashupati Shaivism...problem? "

What others do is none of my business...what I do, is none of others business either...yes, I will share it if others are interested or for educational posterity, but choices also need to be exercised here...that choice of whether one considers a dead horse will reanimate if it gets flogged hard enough....or not.

Meanwhile, I find myself FOREVER saying; "that path is yours but NOT mine" and they will say "how do you know? have you ever walked on it?" Then I shall say "I will walk on your path for a month, if you will walk on mine for a month...that seems fair eh?" To which, they simply say "NO WAY!" and then, you guessed it, "bite me".