Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Pathfinder

The different versions of the afterlife

I have taken a keen interest in religion and spiritualism over the past few years, and I have found it interesting to learn about the different views on the afterlife.

One of the key things that I found interesting is how NDE experiences and spiritualism experiences via mediumship confirm a very different understanding for our purpose on Earth and the way Heaven/afterlife works.

My understanding from looking at these various experiences is that we are here on Earth to spiritually grow, and we enter the Earth to live a life with some sort of life plan that is pre-planned before we enter Earth to experience and learn a particular lesson to grow. However we still have freewill to experience that journey in any way we want.

With Heaven and the Afterlife, there seems to be various levels, which we enter into according to how high our vibrational energy is when we pass over. For example someone that grew spiritually to a higher vibration through their experience on Earth will go to a higher state or level in the afterlife, and someone who led an immoral life and didn't spirituality grow would go to a lower state or level.

However, the issue with this is to me is how this fits with religion. Currently there does not appear to be one religion that involves aĺl of these beliefs, which I find odd given the vast amount of experiences in NDE and mediumship that seem to confirm the different levels of Heaven and our life plan etc. It seems that each religion takes a piece of that understanding but doesnt encompass the full understanding. The only way to do that is if you combined all the different beliefs in every religion.

One religion however caught my attention regarding the experiences about the afterlife and how it operates and that was Mormonism.

A good illustration of what I'm referring to is shown here:

In the image it illustrates different levels. My understanding so far in looking at NDE and mediumship experiences, is that we judge ourselves to decide what level we go to also - so that part may be different from the judgement shown, but relevant still in the sense it determines where you go. Another point to mention is how one of the immediate states or levels after we die is a paradise that is similar to Earth, which is one of the first places you go to that helps you transition to a higher level. The lower states /levels or Hell, are immediate to those who have done heinous crimes and are a very low vibrational energy.

So do Mormons have the afterlife understanding right over some of the other religions?

If so, how do you think that happened? For all the criticism of Joseph Smith and his works, is it possible he like Swedenborg, had some kind of spiritual communication with the other side that gave him this information and understanding?

Let me know what you think.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Welcome here, nice first post!!
This is just 'me' saying the following,
If it rings true to you, great ok?
Take it or leave it.

Forget religions all together.
Joseph Smith had a decent concept.

As a study, and great information, also:
Go straight to other channeled messages, and compare, get out of them what you'd like,

as in "Anthony Borgia's 3 'books', free online, "Life in the World Unseen" ...
you would find more interesting, #2, "More in the Life Unseen", where the message from Father Benson, himself 'cursed' with
being psychic on this side (evil to his church, see?) is more about the incorrect teachings here... from made up concepts.

Compared to "A World Beyond" by Ruth Montgomery again channeled by a famous medium Arthur Ford on the Other Side now....and...
Anything by Chico Xavier....all ring true.

Oh, can't forget James E. Padgett messages...celestial realms are real indeed.

This is my take from a teen til now and my research...over 50 years, ha...
Forget the details......focus your attention, your heart and your mind on the
Goal, the Prize..ringing that bell with the hammer...reach for the Top only...
and that is Loving God, the Father Creator of All That Is.
There is nothing, nothing, nothing more sublime than being in love with the Divine ...the One, by whatever name...or concept.

Now, how can we love God...we can't really...the love is given.
This is the key (ok, I will say for those that believe this)
Ask...ask the Father for His Divine Love...that is the only thing that transforms the human soul...only His Divine Love.

You want to be in a Higher Celestial Realm?...that which purifies your heart or soul will take you there...
the key is Purity...that the Divine Love of the Creator Father God, the Divine can transmit into your being.

My input for what it is worth to anyone reading...
(And I only came to this around 2011 because of one post from one person from this very forum...thank you, Jim.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-03-2019, 07:13 PM
Master

I believe that all religions originated from some individuals' altered states of consciousness experiences. Those were then packaged by other individuals as per their own judgement and / or interests.

The original experiences glimpsed the same higher reality, but those original individuals interpreted it differently through their beliefs and emotions.

In my opinion, you can't decide which religion got it right, or is closer to be right, using your judgement.

You'll get the closest to the truth only if you leave behind all your beliefs, and as unemotionally as you can be, you have your own altered states of consciousness experiences. Do not interpret them through your own judgement, but try to keep them as raw as you got them, and periodically came back to them as golden references.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:59 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Take it or leave it.

Go straight to other channeled messages, and compare, get out of them what you'd like,

you would find more interesting, #2, "More in the Life Unseen", where the message from Father Benson, himself 'cursed' with
being psychic on this side (evil to his church, see?) is more about the incorrect teachings here... from made up concepts.

Compared to "A World Beyond" by Ruth Montgomery again channeled by a famous medium Arthur Ford on the Other Side now....and...

There is nothing, nothing, nothing more sublime than being in love with the Divine ...the One, by whatever name...or concept.

Ask...ask the Father for His Divine Love...that is the only thing that transforms the human soul...only His Divine Love.

You want to be in a Higher Celestial Realm?...that which purifies your heart or soul will take you there...
the key is Purity...that the Divine Love of the Creator Father God, the Divine can transmit into your being.

(And I only came to this around 2011 because of one post from one person from this very forum...thank you, Jim.)

Hi thank you for the warm welcome - I am very happy to be here and to have joined this community.

Regarding your suggested reading material such as "Life in the World Unseen", I think I have read this before, as l have just started reading the free online version and it does seem very familiar. Although I have read so many spiritual books about the afterlife now, it is a job to remember which ones I have already read!

I am pleased what you say about forgetting the details, in the sense that there is still much to know, which allows us to broaden our scope of understanding by not following the narrow scope of religious doctrine which can someimtes limits us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that all religions originated from some individuals' altered states of consciousness experiences. Those were then packaged by other individuals as per their own judgement and / or interests.

The original experiences glimpsed the same higher reality, but those original individuals interpreted it differently through their beliefs and emotions.

In my opinion, you can't decide which religion got it right, or is closer to be right, using your judgement.

You'll get the closest to the truth only if you leave behind all your beliefs, and as unemotionally as you can be, you have your own altered states of consciousness experiences. Do not interpret them through your own judgement, but try to keep them as raw as you got them, and periodically came back to them as golden references.

I think what I am hoping to do is understand my own spiritual path a bit more, and where I belong. My beliefs and understanding so far points me in my own independent faith with God following no religion in particular. But the absence of not being with people who share similar beliefs and views as my own, often leaves me feeling lonely. I guess that is why I decided to join this community to share and discuss with other people spiritual topics.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual_Light
If so, how do you think that happened? For all the criticism of Joseph Smith and his works, is it possible he like Swedenborg, had some kind of spiritual communication with the other side that gave him this information and understanding?

Let me know what you think.
Grab some beer and popcorn and a copy of What Dreams May Come by Robin Williams. It's weepy so you'll need a box of tissues too. That pretty much explains it.

It's been said that every religion was right for that culture at that time, and today's Spirituality is the same. Most of it has been 'guided' either by people who have gained understandings and realisations or 'Higher Beings' - much like the tale of the Mormons. Apparently there are 495 cultures across history and geography that mention the Shining Ones, starting with the Sumerians and through Christianity, and across to the Native American Indians. Those Shining Ones have been worshipped as Gods and brought wisdom and civilisation to the people - and Joseph Smith has one too. Really, the Mormon religion is a variation of a long-running theme that's been going on since ancient Egypt at least, and that diagram really has nothing new. The three kingdoms come from Paganism's three realms, paradise and 'Spirit Prison??? is heaven and hell - hell is a fear tactic and heaven is a carrot. The trick is to look for what's common, and not take things too literally.

It's possible that Joseph Smith had some divine intervention, it's just as plausible that it's all made up and it wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened. They made a religion out of sci-fi - Scientology - so watch this space because anything can happen in the next 24 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual_Light
I think what I am hoping to do is understand my own spiritual path a bit more, and where I belong.

You have always been here, but it's as much fun to go anywhere other then to find that out. Go poke in the undergrowth and see what jumps out and bites you on the backside.

Safe Journey, with a few interesting bits of course.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:15 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Take it or leave it.

Thank you Miss Hepburn!!!
Great to here a wise response that can answer most spiritual questions here.

The 1 answer that matters most LOVE/GOD.
Every question can just about be answered by that. LOVE/GOD
The vibration?=LOVE
Which God do I pray to?= Top Dog GOD/LOVE/Creator of all.
What is my path?= Fill yourself with Divine LOVE/GOD
How do I fill myself with this LOVE/GOD?= Empty yourself to be filled.
What do I do once I am filled?=Help others LOVE/GOD

I love to keep it simple. The ONE answer LOVE/GOD.

^^^
Old 07-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Angel1

Haha...What Dreams May Come...little known credit at the end based on Anthony Borgia's,
Life in the Unseen World...I have 3 extra copies since many haven't seen it.

Astral City: A Spiritual Journey...Chico Xavier..

YES...Altered states, basis of religions...Morpeus thinks Paul had an NDE.
And hi to the regular gang that visits these places.

Man, great posts!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Experiencer
I am not an authority on either the Morman doctrine or the Swedenborgian Church, so may I suggest that you contact someone in the Swedenborgian Church (see the internet for contact)? They may help you draw the parallels that you seek--and please keep us updated with your progress!
Old 25-06-2019, 07:39 PM
Experiencer
I was about to suggest Astral City and Miss Hepburn beat me to it!

Spiritist religion (its brother in the northern hemisphere is called Spiritualism) is very much based on this idea that you go where your conscious vibration is best suited. The Astral City is largely based on that.

More spiritist literature includes "The Spirits Book" and "Heaven and Hell". All freely available online in pdf.s