Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Not you two again!

(Brother)

I don't understand the question, Humm.

Don't worry about us Lisa - WS and I were lovers in a previous life.

(I'm kidding, I'M KIDDING - YEESH! (well, who knows?... ) )

Recently it seems I have been the center of a lot of activity - and interestingly that activity seems to have strongly coincided with my putting "I love you" in my sig.

I find this reaction to what is arguably one of the most positive messages conceivable very puzzling. I doubt if those who find themselves so offended by my presence are even aware of why I offend them so, where I hadn't before I added that to my sig.

My question is just what is so objectionable about love anyway? Why is it so objectionable to think love might be a force in the universe - that it might be the ultimate 'Why?', even if we can't quite comprehend it?

And strong reactions it DOES get!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Neville

Love as far as I am aware is not the cause of everything.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Love as far as I am aware is not the cause of everything.

DO go on!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Don't worry about us Lisa - WS and I were lovers in a previous life.

(I'm kidding, I'M KIDDING - YEESH! (maybe... ) )

Recently it seems I have been the center of a lot of activity - and interestingly that activity seems to have strongly coincided with my putting "I love you" in my sig.

I find this reaction to what is arguably one of the most positive messages conceivable very puzzling. I doubt if those who find themselves so offended by my presence are even aware of why I offend them so, where I hadn't before I added that to my sig.

My question is just what is so objectionable about love anyway? Why is it so objectionable to think love might be a force in the universe - that it might be the ultimate 'Why?', even if we can't quite comprehend it?

And strong reactions it DOES get!

You are wrong in thinking you are getting objections to what you are selling about love. You are getting objections because you are selling it.
Your energy is this is it and I know why you react the way you do to it.
It screams such energy and the one who left was the same way and so are some here.
It is that energy itself that IMO could never come from love. It comes from something else.........maybe what you see in me perhaps. maybe those who preach need support in what they believe from others. Maybe we cling to many things like love or stillness or whatever because we can't imagine a life without anything to hang onto. Who knows. But one thing for sure, no one objects to love or the possibilty that it is why. That is not the issue.
I don't know if you are understanding what I am saying but there it is.
I'll go now..........
Old 12-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
You are wrong in thinking you are getting objections to what you are selling about love. You are getting objections because you are selling it.
Your energy is this is it and I know why you react the way you do to it.
It screams such energy and the one who left was the same way and so are some here.
It is that energy itself that IMO could never come from love. It comes from something else.........maybe what you see in me perhaps. maybe those who preach need support in what they believe from others. Maybe we cling to many things like love or stillness or whatever because we can't imagine a life without anything to hang onto. Who knows. But one thing for sure, no one objects to love or the possibilty that it is why. That is not the issue.
I don't know if you are understanding what I am saying but there it is.
I'll go now..........

No WS, I don't understand. I understand your feeling of being imposed upon by 'preaching', but you see that is entirely the issue I wanted to discuss in this topic - but you have rejected that, so there's not much I can do.

Perhaps, when you feel ready, you will be more generous. Until then, I am pretty much stranded where I'm at.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
No WS, I don't understand. I understand your feeling of being imposed upon by 'preaching', but you see that is entirely the issue I wanted to discuss in this topic - but you have rejected that, so there's not much I can do.

Perhaps, when you feel ready, you will be more generous. Until then, I am pretty much stranded where I'm at.

You did it again......."when I feel ready?"

Do you even notice this about yourself? Do you see something wrong with saying that and the other things you say that express your assumptions about me?

It's kind of annoying dude......
Old 12-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Lisa

Quote:

Humm- Don't worry about us Lisa - WS and I were lovers in a previous life.

(I'm kidding, I'M KIDDING - YEESH! (well, who knows?... ) )

lol- I dig.

WS has a great sense of humor too, when he's in the mood.

Quote:

I can see that.

Quote:

What are the reactions? Are you saying not positive?

Quote:

But who thinks it's objectionable? Who thinks it's not a force in the universe?
The Why- don't know what you mean- like the reason it all is?

Love is powerful! Even the words I love you are powerful.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Humm

WS you really need to lighten up.

If I said "My mother's pot roast is the best!" would you yell at me for preaching?

Yes, I feel it is something you don't want to talk about for your own reasons and may never change your mind about, but I hope you do, for my own reasons that yes have nothing to do with you - that is how I feel. I am sorry if my wording does not quite suit you so how do you want me to change to suit you better? Do I need to excise the verb is from my language just so you never feel I am imposing some definition on you or your world??

I mean, really.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Master
Now don't portray me as moody dear Lisa..............I prefer sensitive...lol

As in 'able to sense'.........
Old 12-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
lol- I dig.

WS has a great sense of humor too, when he's in the mood. ...

I do try and maintain a positive outlook but sometimes I am more successful than others, myself.

Yes, some of the reactions were quite negative - but I really don't want to lay them out here, for reasons I hope you can understand - what I want to explore instead are the causes of these negative reactions. Unfortunate, they seem to be somewhat self-perpetuating,which makes discussing them somewhat difficult - but I can try.

I am always glad to see your posts - I am glad to have you in this thread.