Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 24-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Master

How do you attune someone?

I want to hear from those of you that teach Reiki how you attune someone? and also what is the use of the symbols?
Old 25-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Master

Yes, you dont need symbols necessarily. It is the intention that counts but most important of all is that the student would need to be ready and would have healing abilities already that they are not aware of. Attunements dont work for everyone.
Old 25-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Master

Okay. But how does the teacher practically do an attunement?
Old 26-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Master

There is a procedure with symbols thats how a reiki master can do it but a person can also attune others in other ways. They will know how. I think its called a transmission.
Old 26-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Pathfinder

A crown to crown to crown attunement, all done by thought
Old 26-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Pathfinder

edit, sorry
Old 28-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Administrator
Hello

Each teacher writes their own Reiki Procedure but they follow the set standards for what symbols are shared. Depending on whom you study with there are three or at times four levels one goes through. With each one your passed on the teachings and energy from you Master to yourself.

Some use a bell and some use their breath to transfer the energy into you. I use a bell as honestly someone "blowing on me" is not for me.

The symbols are passed on three times through the Crown Chakra but the Master Teacher I had it was also done through the feet to ground the energy within me.

The standard is that Reiki is taught over a three day period so that you have time to absorb and adjust to the energy given. I have seen one day workshops too and feedback is that the students felt they go what was needed. I am not sure on this. I feel one need the time to adjust and to learn what energy flow feels like.

For me its a year between levels for students and lots of practice in the time frame. Unless they are well versed in some healing morality and can understand the flow of energy within themselves well. Then a fast track can be done, but again practice and use of Reiki is needed.

Lynn
Old 28-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Master

That makes sense. Thanks. Everyone