Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 06-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Pathfinder

Teachers that always say the attunement works..

even if you didn't feel a darn thing, had no detox symptoms, etc

I understand you may not feel a thing.

But aren't you suspicious of teachers who say it will work, give it time, etc and never suggest you try someone else, as if it were fool proof?

Even after 3 months?(this isn't about me)

They're not exactly encouraging a critical-minded attitude...it might not have worked

Old 06-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Knower
Well ...I guess maybe I would first ask myself 'was I open to the attunement? Did I truly want it?' ...suspicious?? Are they a legitimate teacher? Sure ...if this was a 'fly by night' deal of some sort I would question it ...if the teacher is legit, has credentials & a class syllabus ...satisfied students ...then why would a teacher do fake attunements, or an attunement that would not work? The student has to have intention during the attunement too - the student has to open themselves up to it ...but I guess there is nothing wrong with questioning anything & everything and if this persons really wants Reiki ...are they practicing? They can try another teacher of course if they do not trust or mesh with this one ...or they can ask for another attunement. I never had detox at all ...or barely a hint if any ...and as you said - not everyone feels something ...you have to trust - but one must also trust themselves and if it didn't feel right ...
Old 06-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Pathfinder

My problem with them is more the implied (near) infallibility of the thing.

You may not feel it and it may be working, but it could be not working.. the teacher may not have done his job well (tired, poor focus, etc) and/or you may not have been receptive enough, and you're supposed to assume it worked?

it can't just be a flop? at some point, logic is lacking.. you can tell people that it works even without detox (in the weeks to come you should feel changes in yourself though even if you never feel energy) but many don't seem to encourage a shred of critical thinking...

"it works, it works, trust!"

hmmm
Old 06-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Knower
all I can say if there is doubt - do it again and maybe with another teacher ...we can convince ourselves of pretty much anything ...if you believe a thing, that thing may very well be true ...Reiki carries no proof, and there are some who never 'feel' anything I have read ...maybe this person is not ready to have Reiki in their life

...I'm not saying have blind faith, for surely there are unscrupulous teachers out there as in all fields ...follow one's gut and move on if that's what is felt. Best of luck to your friend!
Old 06-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Administrator
Hello

I can not say I felt a thing when I took my Reiki, any of the levels. I came into life being able to do things that others have to learn. I took my Reiki Masters for the right reasons but did I need it ???? I took it so that I could safeguard the legal authorities that govern hospice house. In having that paper that discipline I could be with those in need to help them in their crossing as a Medium. I had always been able to see or sense things wrong with others have that insight into what might well be wrong, even at times sense death before the death event.

What I am told the Reiki did is balance the three parts of me into one part of me. As a Medium / Psychic/ Reiki Master Teacher I now feel "whole" to other readers and healers. For me I am just still me. Did the atunement work YES, as I held honor and respects in doing it. Did I feel a change in me in a profound way no. A I OK with it all yes. I embrace that I know whom I am.

So I would ask yourself if you embrace your path as a healer ? Do you feel that you can do the work that the certification gives you.

Lynn
Old 06-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Master
The heart chakra needs to be open in order to channel Reiki into the energy field of another person. That's the real test that it worked.

I agree with Lynn that we don't have to be attuned if we are born natural channels. On the other hand the special thing about Reiki are the symbols which are mind forms that have been charged by the intentions and activities of so many healers using them that invoking them does bring an extra boost of power as well.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks guys!

My real questioning is that there are folk who don't feel a thing nor change even a while after attunements...

and they are told to wait...maybe it didn't work and they should try something else.
But that kind of thinking isn't encouraged..
Old 07-12-2015, 12:36 AM
Ascender
I didn't really feel anything or suffer any detoxing symptoms, but others tell me I help them when I flow Reiki and it helps me.

..I can't speak for anyone else, but it worked for me. I had a long distance attunement about three different times for different things. I also read Brett Bevel's book and did his attunement method. Then, I watched his video ( I posted the link for that one here) to get attuned too. Reiki can do amazing things. :)
Old 07-12-2015, 06:43 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBelle
I didn't really feel anything or suffer any detoxing symptoms, but others tell me I help them when I flow Reiki and it helps me.

..I can't speak for anyone else, but it worked for me. I had a long distance attunement about three different times for different things. I also read Brett Bevel's book and did his attunement method. Then, I watched his video ( I posted the link for that one here) to get attuned too. Reiki can do amazing things. :)

Me too (except I had detox) I have some heat in my hands and in my back at the same time, when I apply my hands and treatments on myself feel good but nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don63
Me too (except I had detox) I have some heat in my hands and in my back at the same time, when I apply my hands and treatments on myself feel good but nothing out of the ordinary.

Reiki does not usually feel 'out of the ordinary' ...Reiki is subtle and gentle ...its effect slowly seep in and it is over days or weeks that you begin to notice changes ...you handle pressure better, you feel more in harmony with your life ...you feel a sense of wellbeing and peace ...this is often how Reiki works

...a far as being encouraged to question whether an attunement worked ...if this is something you(or 'they') feel needs changing ...then strive towards that goal. If you (or 'they') feel an attunement needs to be challenged from time to time - challenge it ...I had doubts with my level 1 attunement - I think we all do ...patience and practice but sure, use your independent mind and challenge it if that is what you(or 'they') need ...although I am not sure how one would challenge it??