Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Ascender

Is There Anything In Science That Prohibits Non Physical LIfe??

You know, whether it be beings from other dimensions, spirits or life on other worlds; does Science have anything to say on the viability of NON physical life, is there a workable model that supports it or is it considered by the mainstream as an impossibility?? It would be a big fillip if it was recognised as being scientifically possible
Old 20-07-2015, 06:17 AM
Suspended

Science has always gained its own evidence for attacking the physical life.

Life is determined by the conditions that supported its physical state, and therefore if science alters the conditions, then wouldn't this support the destruction of the physical life....by evidence of the destruction?

Are you asking if science has gained evidence that it is destroying the physical life.....or are you asking if science can prove a non physical life, such as spirit?

The non physical life has been determined by our consciousness to involve 2 spirit states.....the light state and also the evil state.

Has the occult been studied as a science, and the answer is yes, as an attack model, not a creation model or "before model".

We exist in a state of creation therefore there is no "before model of spirit" to be identified, as we already exist in the light that supports our life as a continuance.
Old 20-07-2015, 06:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
You know, whether it be beings from other dimensions, spirits or life on other worlds; does Science have anything to say on the viability of NON physical life, is there a workable model that supports it or is it considered by the mainstream as an impossibility?? It would be a big fillip if it was recognised as being scientifically possible

Physics is probable and something might exist.
Old 20-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Seeker

I look at Science in general as the "popular" explanation for many things. These explanations are all made up of creations in our language to explain our world around us. Looking deeper at that we find that we've created the very language that Science depends on.
When I look at your question the answer is yes! Things can exist with no relationship to physical matter as we understand it. Without a doubt, anything is possible. All you would need to have your theory fit that mold is meet the standards that Science demands to meet the criteria for most people to take a serious look at it before classifying it in other ways.
My two cents!
Old 20-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Cosmic Laws/Priniciple Ergo Within Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjamez
Things can exist with no relationship to physical matter as we understand it. Without a doubt, anything is possible.

If there exists, a finite set of inviolate and non-contradictory, cosmic laws/principles, then what is possible is limited ergo "anything is possible" statements are illogical, irrational and lack common sense.

Better to say, that, anything is possible, in consideration of a finite set of cosmic laws/principles.

My 2.5 cents :--)

Also they question depends on how we define life, then we may say that a geometric pattern is metaphysial-1 and life is a changing geometric pattern, that, accompanies the physical/energy--- ergo occupied space --- aspects of a truly great illusion.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 20-07-2015, 11:08 PM
d(.)g

Urban Legend

When I first read the post I did not understand what the question truly was seeking for an answer until more statements were brought forth. I understand all things as micro and macro gradiation of flowing energies to condensed and back and forth, so when it comes to physical its all relative. Everything we base knowledge upon to me is artificial, because it is simply an interpretation of stimulation utilizing relative sensory perception, paradoxically conditioned states of emotional and intellectual situationally associated experiences.

Urban Legends is where I would like to place my direction of thought towards answering your question.

An Urban Legend that I have heard from many sources at many different times in my life was one based upon experiments done by Hitler during the Holocaust. I feel genocide in any ways is a tragic event.

The Urban Legend goes something like this; Hitler would take many people into a personal death chamber day in and day out, and kill them many different ways as to what the purpose or design in doing such could be considered very dark and manevolent. The test of death were stringently recorded and the only variable that did not change was the fact that no matter how the body died it lost eight ounces of weight upon death, so once noticed the death and experiments changed the direction of research dramatically. Thousands upon thousands of beings died and still none of the German scientists could not figure out why the human body lost eight ounces of weight each time, so in conclusion Hitler made a judgement call because of what his associative determinant were and that being religious conditioning. He determined it was simply the soul leaving the body.

Kinesiology was at one time in all scientific communities as a false science even though there were many tests and studies that were done very accurately and held true to the scientific process yet because it was done more in the way of scientific discovery and exploration then scientific construction and associative processing it was simply discarded. Today we have image capturing devices that actually capture ionic expression and fluidity, so the relevant studies of Kinesiology are accepted more now then they were years ago, yet without practical application of a science then it still does not receive international recognition amongst the scientific community.

Urban Legend of Kinesiology; One year in the seventies a professor at a well know institution of higher learning created a live study experiment for any student that wanted to participate. A one month study that had ten students paid five dollars for ten minutes to enter in ton a room with a two hundred gallon tank set in the middle of the room with now other furnishings. The students were able to do anything they wanted within the room except for interact with the tank of water. Day and night different students came in and out every ten minutes for two weeks. One word for the first two weeks was taped to the outside of the tank a common white card, and the word was HATE. The same experiment was done for the last two weeks the same way except for the word which was changed to LOVE. At the end of the study the results were dramatically different, because of the words chosen. At the beginning of each of the two weeks the tank was filled with tap water yet at the end of the first two weeks the water was brackish and swamp like in the PH balance which would kill most organisms living within it. At the end of the second two weeks the water came out with abundant electrolytes and was as if it came from a perfectly clean spring of water. The conclusion of the study reflected that under the conditions human forced the transition by the energies they put out, or/and the water associated emotional content.

The Tao of physics. Philosophy growing into scientific discovery comes down to what is self evidence and what needs to be proven.

In service
Old 21-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Ummon

From a scientific perspective the closest thing I could think of was this:

In 2007, Vadim N. Tsytovich and colleagues proposed that lifelike behaviors could be exhibited by dust particles suspended in a plasma, under conditions that might exist in space.[70][71] Computer models showed that, when the dust became charged, the particles could self-organize into microscopic helical structures capable of replicating themselves, interacting with other neighboring structures, and evolving into more stable forms. Similar forms of life were described in Fred Hoyle's classic novel The Black Cloud.

^ "Physicists Discover Inorganic Dust With Lifelike Qualities". Science Daily. 2007-08-15.
^ a b Tsytovich, V N; G E Morfill, V E Fortov, N G Gusein-Zade, B A Klumov and S V Vladimirov; Fortov, V E; Gusein-Zade, N G; Klumov, B A; Vladimirov, S V (14 August 2007). "From plasma crystals and helical structures towards inorganic living matter". New J. Phys. 9 (263): 263. Bibcode:2007NJPh....9..263T. doi:10.1088/1367-2630/9/8/263.

Sometimes I wonder if quantum field theory allows for... shall we say entities? Whose existence is purely mathematical in nature, but for now that is speculation
Old 21-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Master
Science can't prohibit anything without conclusively proving it doesn't exist. Therefore science just leaves vast territories of things unreseached as initial experiments were inconclusive and there's plenty of other things to investigate without trying to deal with the unseen.
Sort of like the God Question - is or isn't there one? Science doesn't have the tools currently to prove or disprove it one way or the other so instead researchers look to other things, things that will support them financially or otherwise make a name for themselves.

Even if science could prove God or unseen entities, what would be the practical application of it? So in a way there's not a lot of incentive to explore it extensively, we don't have the current tools to do so and there's not much potential profit to be gained from it.

In other words if we're waiting for science to lead the way and come up with something tangible before we commit to our own personal investigation we're going to be waiting a long time. It's sort of pointless to rely on science for what we can do ourselves given enough incentive or desire.

However having said all that Quantum Physics is coming up with some extremely interesting stuff currently, which is making the same propositions much as the Saints, Sages and Mystics are but stated in science sounding words.
Old 21-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Investingation Leads To Wholistic Heirarchal Set

Better to say, any thing is possible that does not violate the inviolate and non-contradictory cosmic laws/principles.

Physical/energy
= occupied space ergo our finite occupied space Universe, that is composed of three primary parts;

fermions, bosons and bosonic gravity, with gravity being the odd-bird out in the bosonic set.

Start with the whole and no parts can be left out of considerations and that is what Ive done with my cosmic heirachy.

1} meta{beyond}physical-1 concepts of mind/intellect ergo spirit-1 of intentions fall into this cataory,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2} macro-infinite, non-occupied space, that, embraces but does not constrain our finite, occupied space Universe,
...meta{beyond}physical-2....

3} finite, occupied space of graviational space buffer-zone between rest of Universe and the macro-infinite beyond/outside,
...meta{beyond}physical-3........

4} finite occupied space Universe ergo fermions, bosons and any combination thereof, putting aside the above mentioned gravity,
...physical/energy.....

Ergo any "non-physical" is addressed as meta{beyond}phyiscal-1 in this above cosmic heirarchy.

r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
If there exists, a finite set of inviolate and non-contradictory, cosmic laws/principles, then what is possible is limited ergo "anything is possible" statements are illogical, irrational and lack common sense.
Better to say, that, anything is possible, in consideration of a finite set of cosmic laws/principles.

Also they question depends on how we define life, then we may say that a geometric pattern is metaphysial-1 and life is a changing geometric pattern, that, accompanies the physical/energy--- ergo occupied space --- aspects of a truly great illusion.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 21-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r

Yes technically that is also correct and both can exist and even co-exist in and out of conflict or no conflict (only comparing those few variables). There may always be an unknown to every known as yet undefined or undefinable all together. That is the amazing realization that can change your life. What matters? What matters to you. Anything is and isn't possible and then beyond.

I believe life exists all around us and in other ways that may defy and rational or irrational explanation. Some life exists in consciousness alone. Some life may exist as only defined by itself. In daily life you may never know what you're talking to unless it wants you to. I love how this spins my mind.