Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 22-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Whats Next

Vibration-Frequency.

My understanding of this has been expressed in some other response, so I suppose my explanation will add support.
Everything vibrates at a certain frequency, some slower, some faster, some with higher or lower amplitudes perhaps, and others extremely condensed. Even down to the most basic sub-atomic particles, we, our physical selves, vibrate through a wide range of these frequencies.
My take on these "everyone is on a "different vibrations" references makes perfect sense. It also makes sense if you look at it from a coherent light source forming a more powerful light wave because they are the same wave length. We call this "lasing"(lasers). I believe these principles of physics apply to our life energy as well. Another facet of our existence that makes us truly unique.
Maybe when we meet people we are attracted to, our frequencies are more closely synchronized than most people we know. Like having children is a direct DNA link. Lots to think about.
Cool Stuff.
Old 25-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Lorelyen

You won't get an answer to what the Newagers here mean by vibration. They use it synonymously with emotions, high on the happy side, low on the miserable or angry side.

Everyone can look up what vibration is in physics/electronics but this has no bearing on new age jargon.

"Our" vibrations are complex. Looking at oscillographs it's obvious they aren't plain sine waves, so must be a mix of harmonics or intermodulated sines.

Many people electronically vibrate at 50Hz or 60Hz. They're picking up local mains frequencies by radiation.

I've asked many times here, received no answers except a facile analysis of how vibrations pertain to the human physiology or energy or the periodic happenings of the universe - which is as useful as a chocolate teapot - simply because what's implied by the Newagers vibrating bears no connection.

As they like to say, anger and anxiety are low vibrations and are negative. Love and happiness are high vibrations and are positive. Ask them what the frequencies are and they don't know (or they're keeping it a closely guarded secret). When in equilibrium: contented, balanced between positive and negative, they presumably stop vibrating.

You can try it yourself: connect yourself to a sampling oscilloscope on the most sensitive Y-axis range. Try electrodes at the temples, the heart, the wrists. Work yourself up to ecstasy. What vibrates in your body (mainly heartbeat and neural activity) increases frequency. Later, get angry and hateful - wait until something really gives you a hate brace. Guess what, those same frequencies also go up.

So just jargon to help them with their role distancing. Meaningless if you aren't one of their Lodge.
Old 26-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
You won't get an answer to what the Newagers here mean by vibration. They use it synonymously with emotions, high on the happy side, low on the miserable or angry side.

Happiness follows a higher state of consciousness while misery and anger is charecterestic of lower states.

It is these states of consciousness which corresponds to different vibratory frequencies.

These high vibrations are quite potent as well. The blessings of a sage , which is the emission of positive vibrations to the recipient , is considered quite auspicious and leading to greater happiness in the recipient.

There is definitely a difference between the blessings of a sage, and the blessings of a fool.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 26-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
It is these states of consciousness which corresponds to different vibratory frequencies.
Is there an instrument that can measure these vibratory frequencies?
Old 26-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin
Is there an instrument that can measure these vibratory frequencies?

That I do not have an accurate idea of. Certain technologies have been developed to measure these energies by spiritualists which I am vaguely aware of, though I am not sure of its efficacy or detailed workings. I was not interested much.

However I have directly observed these vibrational transmissions from masters and spiritual adepts which are quite potent. It takes place mainly through glances and touches.

Meher Baba, who was a normal sports and music loving teenager in Deccan College in Pune, was kissed on the forehead by a very old female sufi enlightened sage called Hazrat Babajan while returning home, which profoundly affected him and left him in a daze. His career as a spiritual master started from that point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meher_Baba

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 27-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
There is definitely a difference between the blessings of a sage, and the blessings of a fool.

Ah - really? Glad you told me that.

Old 28-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Master

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Ah - really? Glad you told me that.

By the fool I meant one who has spiritual demerit instead of merit through ignorance and ignorant actions, and has created a negative vibratory field around him . Even if such a one likes you, you can get into trouble on that account.

Hence the saying, "A wise enemy is better than a foolish friend. "

Old 28-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Master

All we are is energy. Watch “the secret” and there are physicists on there that explain that.

As energy manifested in a physical form (as not all energy is manifested in a physical form – take light. Light is energy, just not physical) we are made up of atoms and molecules. Science has proven that there is a lot of space in an atom at a subatomic level. Take the Effel Tower. If you were to remove all of the space from the atoms that make up all the concrete and metals in this tower, the physical particles left would be about the size of one grain of rice – a really really heavy grain of rice.

As a physical body made up of atoms and molecules, we are vibrating. Science has proven that atoms vibrate. They use one atom to determine the time continuum of Earth. The atom vibrates as something like a million something somethings per second (very scientic of me J ) but this atom tells the atomic time, which all the clocks in the world go by.

So, following that logic, the atoms in our bodies are all vibrating at these speeds, and we are made up of a numberless amount of atoms, all vibrating at these subatomic speeds.

If you are quiet and still, you can feel the cells in your body vibrate. As you meditate, this becomes more apparent that we are vibrating because it is felt in the body. The closer your connection to your “inner being” – the nonphysical, vibrating you that is your essence, the more you can feel these vibrations.

Then you have the spiritual answer for vibration, which to me overlays the scientific. As humans, we vibrate from our emotions. This is not something science has done much research on yet, that I know about anyway. Picture emotions spread out on a vertical scale, with depression being at the lower end of the scale and joy and happiness being on the upper end of the scale, and all of these emotions have a vibration that is individual to them. (If you want to look up the emotional scale, read “Ask and It Is Given”)

I can literally feel when someone that is in the room with me is vibrating on anger or rage. It’s like my body can pick up this vibration and goes on red alert. As mammals, we are herd animals. If someone were to shout “fire” in a theatre, we all would react. It is because of this herd instinct we still have. On the Serenghetti, if a pack of wildabeasts is roaming, and one of them sees a lion, they alert everyone else, and everyone scrambles. That is the herd instinct. That is vibration. We can all vibrate on the same emotion – fear, if someone shouts “fire”.

So, in spirituality, our goal is to get to the Joy vibration and stay there for as long as we can. If you hang around someone who is not on the Joy vibration, and you let them speak to you about how they are feeling, one of you will match the others vibration. Either you will come down from your joy to their vibration, or they will come up to yours. Whoever holds the dominant vibration in the room wins, because our bodies like to match vibrations.

We are vibrating herd animals who are breaking free of other’s vibrations to become the vibration we want to be.

In the film, What the Bleep do we know, there is a short scene with an experiment with water. You can go to you tube and type in what the bleep water scene and watch it. It is really powerful. This Japanese scientist discovered if you take a bottle of water and write a label and stick the label on it, and go back and obverse this water (before and after), the water does really cool things at a microscopic level. The water that had good feelings written on it, under the microscope at a miniscual level, made these beautiful shapes. Water that had bad vibes written on it made these not beautiful shapes. Since we are made up of a lot of water, what we tell ourselves about ourselves, what we believe about ourselves, physically shapes the water molecules in our bodies. Of course, scientifically this cannot be proved, because each time the experiment was performed, the water took different shapes. They could not replicate the water molecule of joy, say, from the water molecule of joy the next day, because they formed different shapes – cool, awesome shapes, but different.

So, science is catching up with spirituality, and spirituality is all about, where are you vibrating today? If you hold a thought for 17 seconds, another thought like it will join it (Abraham Hicks). If you can hold this thought momentum for longer than a total of 68 seconds, you can start manifesting that thought into physical reality. You can change the trajectory of your thoughts to better feeling thoughts, or worse I guess if you wanted to. If you watch the news for longer than 68econds, chances are your vibrational emotional scale will drop, because you are now sad because there is mostly bad news on the news. If you were to watch something you find really funny for 68 seconds, chances are your vibrational emotional scale will increase, because you are happy.

I’m stealing from Jerry here, but Think and Grow Rich, in its original version, was not allowed to be published using the word vibration. All his “vibration” words were edited out.

If you have ever been to an Abraham Hicks seminar, or something similar, where someone is channeling the other side, if you are quiet in yourself, you can feel the vibration, and oh what a feeling that is. Vibrating at a joy scale is what they call estacy. Estacy is a vibration and happiness is a vibration and when we were children, our bodies all knew how to sing these vibrations. As adults, we have learned to cut them off.

Hope this helps.

Here is a clip from Abraham speaking about vibration (as channeled by Esther Hicks) – rampage of Invincibility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8rkvEaVrG0

I can literally feel my vibration raising when I listen to this clip

Here is Brian Greene – theoretical physicist – Fabric of the Cosmos – the Illusion of time

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-004

Obviously, sound has vibration – here are Tibetan singing bowls, used as meditation tools to raise vibration

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-004

Your favorite song can raise your vibration. Watching a movie changes your vibration. We are all just emotional vibrations vibrating. In the spiritual community, we have discovered how to deliberately affect our vibration, to feel better about ourselves.

Here is a challenge for you, an experiment if you like, to see if you can raise your vibration – it takes 30 days. Even a few days of this makes a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Lg...Vqr SIJoHWcZ9
Old 28-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Master

vibs are not really about vibrating. it is about getting along. it is kind of like colors. some colors get along and some do not. so some people get along and some do not. yes, colors have a vib and people have a vib. the thing is people pick up things about other people with a 7th sense. we call it vibs.

kk
Old 28-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
All we are is energy. Watch “the secret” and there are physicists on there that explain that.

As energy manifested in a physical form (as not all energy is manifested in a physical form – take light. Light is energy, just not physical) we are made up of atoms and molecules. Science has proven that there is a lot of space in an atom at a subatomic level. Take the Effel Tower. If you were to remove all of the space from the atoms that make up all the concrete and metals in this tower, the physical particles left would be about the size of one grain of rice – a really really heavy grain of rice.

As a physical body made up of atoms and molecules, we are vibrating. Science has proven that atoms vibrate. They use one atom to determine the time continuum of Earth. The atom vibrates as something like a million something somethings per second (very scientic of me J ) but this atom tells the atomic time, which all the clocks in the world go by.
Yes, but you see, I said in an earlier post that there's no shortage of people explaining the physics, quanta, etc, and........................
Quote:
So, following that logic, the atoms in our bodies are all vibrating at these speeds, and we are made up of a numberless amount of atoms, all vibrating at these subatomic speeds.

If you are quiet and still, you can feel the cells in your body vibrate. As you meditate, this becomes more apparent that we are vibrating because it is felt in the body. The closer your connection to your “inner being” – the nonphysical, vibrating you that is your essence, the more you can feel these vibrations.
So, are you saying they all vibrate at the same frequency - and that we can experience that frequency? Well, I'm no atomic scientist, no physicist. I do know that electrons can and do move according to atomic orbitals (the maths of which I don't pretend to understand at sight), and can be made to resonate at super-high frequencies, tens of GHz before they become light (and take on different properties).

You know that microwave ovens operate at something between 3GHz and 300GHz? Are you aware of the distances the electrons must move to be able to propagate those frequencies? The wavelength of the highest transmittable radio wave before it moves into infra-red is about 0.01 cms - a 1/10 of a millimetre.
As for getting electrons to move continually (this is Hadron stuff really) at close on the speed of light ~270,000m/sec, you need about 12 million electron-volts. hydrogen electron travels at about 2,000 km/sec.

I'd better leave it there as I know conditions vary according to things like conductivity, electronic forces applied and that.

Point is that I can't believe (and it is just a "can't believe") that every electron movement in the body is in sympathy or synchrony. They're all over the place.

So I suspect that the tingle or whatever it is you feel when completely at rest or in trance is the work of the nerves. The fastest of neurones are too slow to keep pace with the antics of individual electrons which is different from nerve conduction and message processing. (Nerves conduct at anything from about 1.5 mph to around 200 mph for myelinated, AFAIK.) The frequencies are a) too fast/high and b) too random collectively - otherwise they'd radiate and be receivable on some resonant circuit. At the lowest levels they'd presumably be audible.

I'm ready to bet if people are sensitive enough to feel any kind of energic vibration it's by induction from the environment. There might be exceptional people - I can't rule it out obviously, just as those who can distinguish between tints of light outside the visible spectrum, or can "hear" sounds of up to 30kHz. Very rare but they're out there.

So I still conclude that this vibration stuff is metaphorical and allegorical. but what I've said here comes from the little, alas very little I know about electrons, their energies and frequencies, from occasional work in electronics.

Others may be able to elaborate further and/or put me right.

Quote:
Then you have the spiritual answer for vibration, which to me overlays the scientific. As humans, we vibrate from our emotions. This is not something science has done much research on yet, that I know about anyway. Picture emotions spread out on a vertical scale, with depression being at the lower end of the scale and joy and happiness being on the upper end of the scale, and all of these emotions have a vibration that is individual to them. (If you want to look up the emotional scale, read “Ask and It Is Given”)
Ok, well, conventional definitions but do they relate to measureable frequencies? That's what I and others ask. If you speak of something without knowledge, well...... But if they are vibrations they'd be radiated and measurable.

I suspect this all started with a Beach Boys song and someone decided that by swathing it in thick layers of jargon they'd make some money. But that's just cynical me!