Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Pathfinder

I agree with most of the posts here that the word God...for most immediately conjures up fear and control and someone's watching you. Because that is what most of us were taught. It took me years to lose my religion. So I don't think the word itself has a specific vibration that causes these feelings. I think it is more of what the word is associated with.
Old 22-04-2016, 12:37 AM
Deactivated Account
Smile OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello
My life long issue with "god" is that, as a small child, I learned to fear god in many, many ways thanks to stupid adult messages and at least one significant, early childhood experience that god is watching us and he can SMITE us any way or at any time He wants to! Somehow those early, painful and fearful messages just piled up and up over the years to where I had a very bad, SHAMEFUL and mostly FEARFUL attitude, feeling, belief and relationship to something (god) that I never saw or felt yet DEEPLY FEARED.
I am tempted to write down all of these god fearing messages and events here but they'd take up a lot of pages.

Quote:
I wanted to look at why the mere mention of God in the Metaphysical community can put up such walls.
By 'walls" I assume that you mean: defenses, anger, fear, ridicule, offenses and other NEGATIVE actions/reactions.

Quote:
When it comes to our meetings I find that at times the mere mention of God strikes such a cord with people.

Angry chord? happy chord? mysterious chord? confusing chord? .....what?

Quote:
We look to call God Mother Father God or Divine Light.....ext ext but God sets that wall up.
What wall? IMO, god sets up EVERYTHING in the entire cosmos but I don't get what "wall" you are writing about?

Quote:
Why is that ? To me that is a block or fear that we are holding onto that needs to be cleared that can have deep roots in maybe even our past lives.

OK, now its beginning to make some sense to me.

Quote:
What is it in us that puts up those walls.....I know well that I do not want comments that its "Religion and Dogma" as I do not feel that that truly exists in the hearts of man on the Soul levels. What I want is to explore our inner fears on the word God. That vibration of the word. Is it a fear?
For me it was, as I mentioned earlier.

For me it took so many years to find that balance to find that inner peace with it all and accept that "God Bless You" being said to me for the work I take on at times that is the hardest work of all, finding and bringing home the missing. Something in a higher power does guide me or how could I do this work......
Lynn
Hmmm, who or what are the "missing" that you bring home? Perhaps I just need to read further.
Old 22-04-2016, 12:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Smile A lot to read

Hello: I skipped through most of this thread to see what you were writing so I'm probably missing all the stuff that you mention in this post.
[quote=Lynn]Hello

Quote:
I did not start this thread for it to be a battle grounds.....I started it for understandings in the Metaphysical Community which I am very much a part of in life.

I am very sorry that a battle has occurred here but I have never attended a forum where a battle did not start or was already underway. It seems inevitable at ALL forums!

Quote:
When it comes to what nature is and "tree hugging" I sit on that pervirial picket fence like many do to what it is there to serve us with. We need the wood for fire and warmth that lead us to grow more as the human race, but too we need that wood or tree to help keep the air we breath in good order.

When we hear stories of creation and evolution here again God comes into ti at times and those walls go up again.
It's an exceptionally charged word and concept, IMO.

Quote:
It exists that is that to me the where I would LOVe to know but for that I would need to travel back to what ever the spark of creation is.

I do not feel that religion is mind control as we are all of free will be walk away from things even if we are held prisoner if the will is strong enough in us we find a way to escape. I could go to say that many things are a form of mind control on some levels. We are put in school and taught the way that the system thinks thing should go. We are not given any basis of religion there in many schools around where I live now, and on some levels that is sad. Its what do we call this and that so we might not offend when it could be more an open door to many understandings.

Does God have a dogma attached to it ? Does anything truly have a pure dogma attached to it as with one thought we can wipe that from us. As we can with one strike from a space rock be wiped from the Earth as would maybe all things we call life. Maybe that is the path one day will come. Does it worry me no life is what it is a fragile thing.

We are limited only by our own imaginations it is often said. If we can dream it we can build it.

It might well be that things are so diversified in what we have to believe in that we are all under a microscope of study to see where we will end up.

There is something we cal take from all paths we walk in life. It would be easy for me to say I was wrong in some of the paths I walked in but those made me whom I am today. I feel that I am accepted as that person in many a community.

So back to what I asked and off the topics of religion and faith being debated. I asked "Why the Mention of God puts up such Walls". I spell it in capital out of respect that its a proper name nothing more nothing less. I embrace the possibility of such is all.

I will give you and example why this came to me for discussion.

Last Sunday I was doing out healing blessing (we have a healing book of names and we give in meeting healing to our members that need a bit extra) I had two poems or blessing ( what ever term fits best ) with me and I read the one and then I was guided to read the other one....along with the first that had no mention of God or any divine in it all, a blessing from St Francis Assisi that used Lord and God in it. As I can "feel" energy from others I felt calm and peace from many and from a few those walls went up. I was like OK what damaged them so in life's many paths that they can not take in the energy of a blessing given. It was not a service given or a this is the "word" given. It was a projection of healing energy.

At the end two came to me and said that the two though so different flowed as one in energy to them and they felt a peace from it all, though they did not like the word "God" in it. They found that so odd....
So what did they say bothered them about the word: god?

Quote:
Maybe we need to shed our skin some to words being so powerful and just take in the vibrations of energy they can project.

IMO, "shedding our skins some" might take a lot of deep, psychological and spiritual work, training and HELP, since most of us have been programmed, brainwashed and indoctrinated from birth to attach all manner of meaning and reactions to many powerful words like: god, love, trust, jesus, life, hell, sex, mom, dad, spirit, devil, etc., etc.
Old 22-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Whew, I'm at post 140 and giving it up. I am sure there are lots of powerful and profound statements and questions in here but I just don't have the time to wade through it all. Sorry........
jim :)
Old 27-05-2016, 04:01 AM
Gosh, I use so many different ways to say God...because of all
the concepts...mainly from good-intentioned people, but incorrect teachings.

The 'All That Is' seems not to bother people.
The One
The One Consciousness
The Creator

It's tough to communicate, I agree.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru