Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 21-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Master
"advised by L. Ron Hubbard" ??

Taking advice from that source on ANYTHING is outright madness !
Old 21-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"advised by L. Ron Hubbard" ??

Taking advice from that source on ANYTHING is outright madness !

well i never claim sanity ...i like to take anything on face value...if hitler had some dietary advice i'd at least listen...even nutters can speak some sense sometimes...but probably only in regards to practical physical world stuff like how to mend a puncture...i would never take psycho-spiritual advice or advice in the realms of the psyche from anyone...his movies were **** too and i've no doubt that i'd have nothing to do with it...that said for some reason i have an interest in natural birth procedures and as such what he said piqued my interest...purely on a physical prasctical level like changing a tyre...and if thats madness then so be me.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 25-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Occultist

I dont think I have high enough Eton levels to join in on this thread,
I will just have to keep praying to Xenu that I finally get there someday,
Hey the way I look at it if the Scientology doesnt work out there is always Eckankar..
Old 25-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Master
Scientology is good for a laugh at least.
Old 27-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Administrator
Hello

I have dabble in this a bit when I was in me 20's and looking for a place to fit in. I would not go to call what I found a "Cult" as all religious studies as a whole do have some elememts of control or a statute one has to follow along. That element of control or of study one is to follow along without waver.

I so feel there is something that one can take with them from all places one wonders into. We do not have to live by it to learn somethng about ourself from it. Too there are many things that are 'well marketed' that influence one's to follow a path, that is how the media works. Does that make it wrong no as we do not have to get in line to buy it.

Lynn
Old 27-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Master

Here is a good source of information about scientology:

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/585-scientology
Old 27-07-2012, 03:56 PM
EmergingPath

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Folks,
Perspectives and opinions in a discussion are what the forums are all about. I would like to take a momement and remind everyone that while we are encouraged to share our opinions please do so with respect. Some posts are starting to cross a line with respect to Respect of others beliefs.

Please write your post as if the next person to read it is a Scientologist who is a member of SF and show some respect for thier beliefs as you would those of any faith that may be different than your own. Difference of opinion, great! Ridicule, not great.

From the Spiritual Forums Rules:

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Abuse and abusive posts (of any nature) will not be tolerated. Breaches of this ruling will result in posts being removed, warnings and if continued, DA. Mocking, and belittling other members also counts as disrespect.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/faq.php?faq=vb_faq

:::steps off his Moderator Soap Box:::

Now on with the show

Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Tammy

Although i must first state, that my knowledge to Scientology is near Zero, i have googled it, just out of curiousity and read up a bit and i have a question

I want to know, besides their methods and techniques and funding issues, what is so wrong with there belief system and how does it differ to Spirituality (albeit the above mentioned flaws)

http://www.scientology.org/what-is-scientology.html

Do they just have a bad rep for their methods and not beliefs?
I dont know, maybe i should do more research!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM
iolite

Scientology is like a MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) scam. In order to get anywhere in the organization, you're required to spend a lot of money for the privilege of "secret" information. I've read over the years accounts of people who left scientology and it's like any large "religious" organization. There are clicks and people in power who abuse the power. There is information out there on scientology. Several years ago, there was a concerted effort by ex-scientology people to disseminate all the official documents, even the expensive ones. Of course, the people of scientology tried just as hard to recover those documents. But once it's been released out into the net, that's kinda impossible. So if you're dedicated and want to know, keep searching. Me -- I don't really care beyond idle curiosity. They don't have any information that isn't already accessible.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Scientology is like a MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) scam. In order to get anywhere in the organization, you're required to spend a lot of money for the privilege of "secret" information. I've read over the years accounts of people who left scientology and it's like any large "religious" organization. There are clicks and people in power who abuse the power. There is information out there on scientology. Several years ago, there was a concerted effort by ex-scientology people to disseminate all the official documents, even the expensive ones. Of course, the people of scientology tried just as hard to recover those documents. But once it's been released out into the net, that's kinda impossible. So if you're dedicated and want to know, keep searching. Me -- I don't really care beyond idle curiosity. They don't have any information that isn't already accessible.
Yes, this is what I understand also.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru