Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Knower

Yes, I know of one, it's called your own. Nobody can tell you where you are going and for whatever reason. Only you can, if you believe in it. A 'belief' system' can be your own, and not have to be defined by as a government certified religion or 'best-selling' new age philosophy. Listen to your heart :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?
Old 16-04-2011, 12:48 PM
breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
There are many religions that won't warn you that you are in danger of going to hell, but it wouldn't be accurate to describe any of them as "gay friendly".

One quality of a friend is that he will warn you if you are doing something that will lead to your being harmed and will show you how to escape the consequences of your past actions. In your case, Christianity can do both of those things. If you read the Bible you will learn that the practice of sex between members of the same sex is a sin but that like any other sin it can be forgiven is you will turn from it and put your faith in Jesus Christ. Here are two sites where you can learn more about this subject:

Are you serious?.. lol

Okay, Originally writer of this thread. Stay away from Abrahamic religions. Taoism doesn't give even the slightest **** if your gay/straight/up/down/left/right... Basically the best religions work around the natural events of reality, they don't say some events are wrong and some are right like christianity (the worst religion that has ever existed) tries to. So basically, stay away from abrahamic religions - islam, christianity, catholicism, etc. Stick to vedic type religions, taoism, hinduism, buddhism(where all sexualities including straight are considered to inhibit enlightenment) and Asatru... Pagany religions are probably cool with it too, and probably advise it just to be different from christianity.
Old 16-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by breath
Are you serious?.. lol
Unfortunately, I think he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breath
...Pagany religions are probably cool with it too, and probably advise it just to be different from christianity.
Yes, they are. They don't really have view on it. It's "Do as you will, but harm no others". AFAIK, it's nothing to to with being different from Christianity.
Old 16-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
Since God created everyone, when God calls them to worship, they should feel free to go to the church of their choice without undue badgering.
Since God created us the has the right to tell us how we should live and how we should worship him. True worship requires that we submit to God's will in all areas of our lives, including our sexual practices.

In discussing homosexuality it is important to recognize the difference between homosexual orientation and homosexual practice. One of the consequences of Adam's disobedience is that the human race has fallen into an imperfect state in which all of us desire things that are against God's will. In some people, this takes the form of being sexually attracted to others of the same sex. Having these desires isn't a sin but a temptation. We must choose whether or not to yield to them.

Quote:
There are many people of all ages today, we have learned through the media, who are being badgered in schools, attacked in streets, killed, and some even driven to suicide, as in the younger folks, because of their sexual orientation that my heart goes out to them and one simply cannot continue in the vein of telling them they are not welcomed at home or elsewhere.
I agree that this sort of thing is wrong and we should do our best to prevent it. But it is irrelevant to the question of whether homosexual practice is wrong.

Quote:
But the biggest factor in this is that there is no place in the Holy Bible that I have found where Jesus Christ specifically targets Gay and Lesbian people and condemns them for their lifestyle.
He never addressed this specific question because he was living in a culture where everyone already knew that a homosexual lifestyle was wrong. But he did teach some things that apply to this subject.
And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?
(Matthew 19:3-5 ESV)

He clearly taught that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. There is one other thing he said that is applicable to this subject:
I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.
(Luke 5:32 ESV)

He came to save all people, including those who are living in homosexual lifestyles, but he came to save them from their sins, not to enable them to continue in them.

Quote:
I would therefore like to ask Theophilus if he was not aware of this and other similar stories that are out in the Internet, media, etc. before posting that link? And if you were, why would you still post it is what I'm trying to understand? The lady who originally posted her message here was apparently only looking for a place to worship and nothing else.
I was aware of the fact that the organization had been the subject of accustions of causing harm but that happens to everyone who tries to uphold God's standards of righteousness. But even if this particular organization is at fault, that doesn't change what the Bible teaches about the subject.

If you object to that site, here are two others where you can find useful information about this subject:

http://narth.com/

http://pfox.org/default.html

Old 16-04-2011, 06:59 PM
AngelBreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Since God created us the has the right to tell us how we should live and how we should worship him. True worship requires that we submit to God's will in all areas of our lives, including our sexual practices.

Greetings Theophilus,

Yes, God did create us and we are in agreement with that. And God indeed does issue certain Commandments with which to pattern our life. However, the specific issue of same-sex relationships is not mentioned in His Commandments. His Seventh Commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery." speaks to the unfaithfulness of married people. But I'm sure you are against Gay Marriage therefore, this would not apply to Gays and Lesbians in your opinion I'm sure. The only other Commandment that might possibly speak to sexuality is the Tenth Commandment "Thou Shalt Not Covet Anything That is Thy Neighbors." This could well speak to promiscuity in relation to coveting a neighbor's wife or husband. But again, it could be in regards to promiscuity, not homosexuality.

And while people have God's guidance always on how to live their life and that is very good, He also gave everyone free will choice. That being said, there are consequences to the way life is lived as I have said before. However, as it applies to this particular situation, the SIN is clearly in promiscuity. This is something I have also spoken about previously. The 'Sin' is not in the sexual orientation of a person because it is inherent which is also an embraced belief by the most knowledgeable people with doctorates known today. But indeed Jesus did not abhor this nor did He speak against it perhaps due to the fact that He is the Son of God therefore, knew the origin of this lifestyle and that people cannot help being born the way they are.

In discussing homosexuality it is important to recognize the difference between homosexual orientation and homosexual practice. One of the consequences of Adam's disobedience is that the human race has fallen into an imperfect state in which all of us desire things that are against God's will. In some people, this takes the form of being sexually attracted to others of the same sex. Having these desires isn't a sin but a temptation. We must choose whether or not to yield to them.

Yielding to them involves temptation with regards to promiscuity. However, sexual attraction to other people is also inherent. It has been brought out that humanity is basically bi-sexual, perhaps due to the Adam and Eve and the rib thing. Some may gravitate towards one side while others may polarize themselves into the opposite side, yet many others prefer to stay right in the middle where they are embracing the best of both worlds. This is according to reports and studies that are out. I cannot judge anyone, therefore, whether I believe this to be right or wrong is indifferent because God will judge ALL according to their individual merits. I enter into discussions such as these due to some people's inept attempts to disenfranchise a group of people who were born with a certain genetic structure and characteristic such as to be attracted to those whom some of their peers may not be able to relate to.

AngelBreeze previously commented: "There are many people of all ages today, we have learned through the media, who are being badgered in schools, attacked in streets, killed, and some even driven to suicide, as in the younger folks, because of their sexual orientation that my heart goes out to them and one simply cannot continue in the vein of telling them they are not welcomed at home or elsewhere."

Theophilus responded:

I agree that this sort of thing is wrong and we should do our best to prevent it. But it is irrelevant to the question of whether homosexual practice is wrong.

I don't see how it could come any closer.

He never addressed this specific question because he was living in a culture where everyone already knew that a homosexual lifestyle was wrong. But he did teach some things that apply to this subject.
And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?
(Matthew 19:3-5 ESV)

Yes, Jesus may have indeed said that, however, He was speaking to procreation here. He did not speak to or address those who are born with a same-sex attraction or whether it was specifically right or wrong to practice what their biological needs call for.

He clearly taught that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. There is one other thing he said that is applicable to this subject:
I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.
(Luke 5:32 ESV)

When one is already born with a Heterosexual foundation, yes, that may be applicable that a marriage would be between a man and a woman. In your example, Luke 5:32, the question of Jesus eating with publicans and sinners is brought up. But that is a far cry from trying to denote this passage as addressing any question in regards to homosexuality especially when there were so many other prohibitions in that day and age.

He came to save all people, including those who are living in homosexual lifestyles, but he came to save them from their sins, not to enable them to continue in them.

We see that example in the case of Mary Magdalene who was accused of adultery. He drove seven devils out of her and then told her to "Go and Sin No More." However, that was clearly a case of a woman engaged in adultery, something that can be helped and stopped on its own because it is a clear choice. In the case of homosexual persons, it is not the same in that those who are of a homosexual orientation are more than likely born that way therefore cannot help their inherent drive of affection. The key here is in whether either heterosexual or homosexual people would engage in promiscuity. That is what is truly sinful, not that a person is born homosexual or heterosexual. It is what they do with their bodies in both cases, so let's not just pick and choose one sexual orientation to gleefully stick pins into. And while some men cannot agree on the origins of homosexuality, it is best not to become accusatory in any instance by inferring a downward spiral upon those who may be of that orientation. Therefore, it is best to err on the side of caution and not belittle or try to change those whom God has created, people that they do not fully understand.

Further, in Luke 5:36 (KJV), Jesus speaks "And He spake also a parable unto them, No man putteth a piece of a new garment, upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old."

This has been spoken of as well as applying to trying to change one from one oriented lifestyle into another. The word "rent" means 'to tear'. Therefore, if one was to try to make a heterosexual person into a homosexual, it would not work so well at all (unless they used their free will choice.) Likewise, to try to change a homosexual person into a heterosexual one would make a 'rent' in their composure such as to cause the new (making them into something they are not) to not agree with the old (their inherent orientation.) Therefore, the following passage also seems to apply. "And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottle shall perish." -- LUKE 5:37 (KJV) It is thus most difficult to try to "re-mold" a person into something you would like for them to be when they are inherently not born to be that person for it would only serve to " .... burst the bottles," so to speak.

The following is Theophilus' response in reference to dialogue about Exodus International.

I was aware of the fact that the organization had been the subject of accustions of causing harm but that happens to everyone who tries to uphold God's standards of righteousness. But even if this particular organization is at fault, that doesn't change what the Bible teaches about the subject.

Then by that same token you would more than likely be one to uphold the principles of the Westboro Baptist Church it would appear, though that organization has caused much grief and discord due to their extremist views according to many news sources. As to the Bible teaching on this subject, there can be no doubt that God well knows why each person is born the way they are. Be they Straight, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, etc. Because none are perfect all are known to sin of that there can be no debate. Yet when man capriciously wishes to capture the moment and condemn those whom God has created by using Biblical passages that are nil-appropriate, they fail in their mission to address the fact that God indeed creates every human being yet gives and allows free will to all. If a person chooses an 'immoral' lifestyle, then we have thousands of people trying to interpret what constitutes as 'immoral'. Regardless, if the person sins by promiscuity, THAT and only that is the real sin by definition.

You can no more tell the bee to make milk than you can tell the cow to make honey. They are not oriented that way and neither will engage well in that activity if they were to be changed to conform to what one would like for them to be.

If you object to that site, here are two others where you can find useful information about this subject:

http://narth.com/

http://pfox.org/default.html

And I present to you the following website as well for better balance. There were many others with like information but I believe this one sums it up quite succinctly and to the point and the article was written by one who possesses a doctorate. It should be required reading, imho, for anyone who has such questions on the so-called "Gay Lifestyle" that is causing division among their family, friends, or others and may even be driving young children to take their own lives because they feel so inferior and have not been taught the fact that Jesus Loves Them and their life is precious.

Please also take good note of the "Links and Resources" at the bottom of the page. Thank you.

http://www.theturning.org/folder/samesex.html

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."-- MATTHEW 28: 19-20 (KJV)

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." -- II JOHN 9 (KJV)
Old 16-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Ascender
Lady Scarletmoon,
The previous two posts should be indication enough to avoid Christianity. There are many other spiritual paths you can take in which you won't be judged. You'll be loved just for the beautiful person you are.
Old 17-04-2011, 02:18 AM
AngelBreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Lady Scarletmoon,
The previous two posts should be indication enough to avoid Christianity. There are many other spiritual paths you can take in which you won't be judged. You'll be loved just for the beautiful person you are.

The previous two posts are from those who believe in the Power of Jesus and Salvation! Yet what you are advising her would never be enough for Lady Scarletmoon's Salvation which I'm sure is very important to her. I'm sure she would rather keep a peaceful mind by knowing that when she leaves this world she will be Saved by Jesus Christ. That is an assurance that no one else can give to her but Jesus. Accept it or not. That's the way it is. And loving her for the beautiful person she is is great, but that is mundane, of this world. How wonderful for her to know that she can be Loved also by God through Jesus Christ and assure her own Salvation by becoming Born Again which assures it unequivocally.

The prayer for Salvation is just below for her consideration and anyone else who would rather be with God when they pass on than believe the stories of those who literally do not care if you are Saved or not. Who would care if Lady Scarletmoon is Saved? Why would they care? What would it matter to them or to you if is she is Saved, for that matter? Tell me. What's it to you? The fact is no one would care, except that individual person who does not want to pass on without God in their life and knowing about Salvation in order to do something about it while they are still here in this world and can. But I DO care about her and all others and that is why I am taking this time to say these words to those who may not know Jesus Christ. One has to look out for themselves since it appears that there are others who would rather steer a beautiful soul into limbo by not speaking about Salvation to them. You thus have a choice. Believe it and do that which can Save you. Or do not believe it and find out later on how truly important it was while you were on this earth, but by then it will be too late for Salvation. Think about it. Why take chances if you truly love yourself and care enough about your eternal soul and spirit. Yes, that means it is forever that you go either with God by your side or with Him forever missing.

And nothing can be wrong with telling people about this. They all need to know this part as well. It's the Simplest thing one can do for themselves. Very simple to just accept Jesus into your life by saying the prayer below. That's all it takes! How hard can that be? And yet it means the whole difference between your soul being Saved or purposefully retaining it in limbo for eternity. That's why one must seriously think about it.

Thank you, Triner, for bringing that up about our posts. It has allowed me to present the other side to things that are so important for one and their ultimate destiny.

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."-- MATTHEW 28: 19-20 (KJV)

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." -- II JOHN 9 (KJV)
Old 17-04-2011, 03:10 AM
stepspractice

yes

The United Church of Chrsit is very LGBT friendly. They are very welcoming and progressive. Its part of their church guidelines.

I worked for an organization that was affiliated with UCC and our staff inservices included education on UCC acceptance of LGBT people as part of our diversity training.

Good luck.
Old 17-04-2011, 03:42 AM
agiosotheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
isn't it rather arrogant to assume one can know which of the thousands of human god concepts is the "right" one?

Not necessarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
or that any of the human concocted deities are accurate portrayals of "God"?

Not necessarily. Not if they were revealed by God.
Old 17-04-2011, 03:46 AM
agiosotheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze

So, knowing that, from those who worked directly with that organization, I can't imagine anyone suggesting to another, as was apparently done to the original posting party who was asking for a belief system or religion with which to worship that they instead be redirected to this place with what the former leaders have brought out. I believe that to be very insensitive and ill thought out and am concerned in light of what the ex-leaders had to say. Since God created everyone, when God calls them to worship, they should feel free to go to the church of their choice without undue badgering.

There are many people of all ages today, we have learned through the media, who are being badgered in schools, attacked in streets, killed, and some even driven to suicide, as in the younger folks, because of their sexual orientation that my heart goes out to them and one simply cannot continue in the vein of telling them they are not welcomed at home or elsewhere. To those who are particularly impressionable, that could cause some rather tragic consequences if they were to take that kind of opinion seriously. But the biggest factor in this is that there is no place in the Holy Bible that I have found where Jesus Christ specifically targets Gay and Lesbian people and condemns them for their lifestyle. That has weighed much in the way I now view things since it is by the Blood of Jesus that we are Saved. Other passages that attempt to marginalize those of a same-sex lifestyle have also been proven to be speaking about something entirely different and not germane to the subject at hand. And if He, whom The Father has sent to Earth does not condemn these people, who can claim greater authority to do so I would ask.

I agree with you.