Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Master
Developing ability?

Hello everyone.

I have been thinking about mediumship for quite some time. My thoughts earlier years being wondering if I have the ability in the area, as time went on that wondering was replaced by doubt that I had any ability to speak with the dead.

A couple days ago I met my neighbor whom seems to have mediumship ability. I was quite glad to meet someone new and someone who may be more open to spiritual discussions.

We began to swap a few stories, my neighbor, myself, and my parents.

At this time my neighbor told a story of her ability to pick up on the conversation of an individual passed within a dream.

Her story reminded me a lot of my own experience.

My experience was while I was awake, it was at my grandparents house. I saw in my mind what appeared to be a very young man, with darker hair. He was around the cemetery or family plot in my grandparent's yard. He asked to speak with me, he began by saying what interpreted into "your father's brother, who am I"?

I had the thought that it was him impossible to be my father's borther as they are all alive. Again he made known "No again listen, you have a father, he has a brother, in relation to you who is his brother"?

"My uncle". He nods. Communication gets awkward as he wants to show me something, but I do not know how to see, he is not sure how to convey. I get frustrated, he tells me he will figure it out, give him a moment. He then states "Look" He still appears standing to me, he points to his chest and says look. My thought you pointed to your chest, he says "You are not looking!" Then images, of his lungs, the inside, tumors, the word ravanged, he tells me, tell you're grandfather I am here. Tell your grandfather what I am saying to you tell your grandfather I am here, tell him I am laughing at him and tell him I am here tell him what I am telling you- now listen! He mouthed two letters, the letter T and the letter B. He said you ask your grandfather about it.

I asked how old he was, he said via the hand that he was 17.

My grandparents were behind me talking. I asked my grandfather why he never told me about him. He asked me who the hell I was talking about. I told him It was going to sound weird.. but I saw a young man, whom had told me he had a lung problem, I assumed he died this way, I told him he had tumors, and his lungs were ravanged, my grandfather getting angry as I spoke, I said he was 17, my grandfather told me to shut up, my grandmother turned to my grandfather and said "Is she talking about "Name"?
She told my grandfather I was starting to scare her, my grandfather said she has no idea what she is talking about. This angered me, and I asked him (I didn't know what it meant I was younger at the time) Gramp what is TB?

Then they hit the roof. He asked me who told me about his brother. Nobody ever had told me about his brother.

His brother, my great uncle, died at the age of 17. He suffered from tuberculosis. He died in a hospital not from tb but from a shot, from a needle that had air in it, or something to do with a shot, which my father finally told me the other day when we were speaking of these things with my neighbor. My father also confirmed he had never told me about his uncle. He didn't know much himself.

This memory of my one time experience with speaking with the passed, has prompted me to ask if there is a way to develop this ability? This is the only time I spoke with the dead. It was a message from family for family. I was to tell my grandfather to let it go. His brother wanted him to know that whatever my grandfather had done to him (It was a sibling thing, probably a fight) that he his brother was laughing about it now, he told me to tell my grandfather if he had any good sense that he would be laughing about it too. That just seemed to make my grandfather feel bad. And again I was instructed to tell him to let it go and get over it.

Are there any techniques known of to help to develop mediumship ability? Is it possible?

Thank you all for any responses.

Blessings.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Experiencer
absolutely you can develop by just practicing. I went the route of getting a mentor I've been studying under for 5 years now and through that process she set up safe environments for us to learn and practice in. I did over 150 practice readings (which took me 4 years) before opening my doors to a mediumship practice. I also read tons of books, I highly recommend Godon Smiths Intuitive Studies. I know lots of budding mediums have also had great experiences with the Spiritualist church and development circles there. Even famous mediums now have online 'schools' for mediumship devleopment like James Vaan Praag has his mystical arts school.

Lots of options but practice is really key, getting to know your gift and how it works for you takes a lot of practice readings :) I used to do them on this page for people in PM :) a great way to safely practice in a supportive space.
Old 13-07-2017, 02:19 AM
Master
Hi Serenifly,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will consider them. I am actually scared of the idea of trying to practice this type of thing. That was the only real time I have been able to communicate with the passed like that.

Perhaps I could start off slow doing readings here in the reading forum, maybe a mediumship reading for practice once a month.

Thanks again for your suggestions!
Old 13-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Knower

Dear SaturninePluto

Yes there is some books from Allan Kardec, you can freely download from the internet.

Most important is no to do this alone, the best is to go to a spiritist center to get proper assistance!

Check below site for the nearest...

http://www.ssbaltimore.org/spiritist_centers.html

Good study!