Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 07-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Pathfinder
How Do I Regain My Belief In Mediums?

Went to a local "Metaphysical Meetup" a couple weeks ago and sat down with the guest medium. Nothing he said was remotely accurate and his overall behavior did not help. I have a nonexistent social media profile, so some that have a helper in the wings cannot research in advance. Have been friends with a medium since childhood, so my belief that mediums are real is a given for me. Even though nothing the local medium said was even close to accurate, and I told him so, he still said I owe for 12 minutes. I knew it was 12 minutes because his phone was propped up in front of me counting the seconds. How are the frauds exposed? When do you speak out and to whom? Peace to all y'all
Then, Gabriel comes and taps you on the shoulder
But you don’t see no hearses with luggage racks"
Don Henley
Old 08-06-2017, 02:41 AM
Experiencer
I don't have the answer to your question to be honest. I'm sorry you didn't have a positive experience! It really sucks. I'm finding sometimes with the less 'trained' or experienced mediums can be tricky, sometimes I honestly feel they have received so many false 'yes'' that they believe the way they work is the most accurate and effective for Spirit communication! so I thank you for being completely honest with them that they were not accurate. I know in my readings I ask people to be very. honest with their yes' and no's, I honestly feel a lot of mediums out there have had bad feedback from sitters because I know how hard it is during a reading to tell a Medium "No sorry that doesn't make sense to me"... anyways that's just a thought that came to me while I was reading your story!

I have full faith you'll have a positive experience again! you are obviously open to this so I trust you'll be aligned with a medium who will really resonate with you :)
Old 09-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Administrator
Hello

I had an experience with a very well known Medium that charged me $1000 for 10 minutes with her. Nothing she said was accurate and when I told her I was a Medium she accused me of "playing games and blocking the flow". That so was not the case I really did respect her at the time.

I had to pay her in the end it went to collections. I put it to Karma to expose the untruths that are out there.

I am a Medium and I have done ton's of Platform Shows over the years, at times I have had what I would call "rebound" off someone in the audience that the information went to and not whom I was directly with. In this case you admit that your picking up another person's contact and go from there. You do not ever fake it to make it work.

I know that there are times when you can report someone that runs a business in some countries it is a "licensed" practice you take up. So you have some guidelines to follow and a code of ethics to apply.

Lynn

If you would like me to try and connect I would be honored to do so....I like to work without names or too much information.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Knower

Dear All

If I understand well the above case, I propose some reflexions:
- Why have readings? Just for curiosity to know the future, about love, about money, if I will be cured from my desease etc?
- What is a medium?
- What type of spirits will be atracted by this medium for such job?
- Is correct to charge money for and intermediation? Who will answer your questions? The medium or the spirit acting through this medium?

When you think about above question you will come to some conclusions:

Higher spirits dont have time to spend with curiosities
When money is involved, here again higher spirits will not be involved.
Medium is the telephone and the calls are not made from here to there, the come in the other way around, by this reason you dont have to expect good "information" to attend your curiosity.

I blind conducting another blind...
Old 11-06-2017, 05:16 AM
Master
Sometimes even the most experienced psychic/ mediums make mistakes. It is allright, but they should have enough integrity to not charge their clients if the session has been unsatisfactory. To be polite and honest and just not charge their clients if nothing they said really clicked in any way for their client.
An experienced psychic will make immediate connection and will be confidently able to do so, but sometimes the clients are also not prepared to take the answer and will make accusations if they have been triggered in some way by what was being told to them.
That being said it isn't nice to charge a client with whom no connection was established in the reading. It just becomes more about money then and less about meeting a purpose and helping the other person.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:44 AM
Master
I'm sorry you had this experience, I think its fortunately pretty rare. I know a great many psychic and Mediums and they are earnest, sincere and well connected, even though what they deliver back to me may not be as relevant as I'd hoped. This has to do with style of reading, the medium/psychic being able to match frequency's, their amount of practice and many other things.

New psychics and Mediums sometimes have a hard time making connection due to various things. Sometimes not being deep enough in state due to stage fright or perhaps an upsetting incident on the way there.

Sometimes our Guides and Angels will block certain information so it's not accessible because its not in our Highest Good at that time for it to be made available.

Sometimes a persons disbelief alone is such a strong skeptical energy it blocks further information.

Sometimes people are in such a state of limbo in their lives that no discernable future probability is apparent.

Its not easy being a Psychic or Medium, what the Beings on the otherside have to say can be very hard to deliver. I recently did a reading with a lady who's higher self just chewed her out, had all sorts of hard things to say about her state of life and affairs. I spent more time softening up the information so the client wouldn't go into immediate rejection that the session went well over time and I didn't charge for it. I literally had too much compassion and my soul interest became in delivering the news in a way it could be assimilated and acted upon without the lady rejecting utterly her higher self!

Sometimes they will only talk about silly things, or make jokes or just jest with me, which is hard to explain to a client. "Sorry one moment please, your Higher Self is making funny's to get me to relax and not be so serious...it won't tell me anything until I loosen up a bit..."

Once I tried to do a reading with some one who's higher self was so remote as to not be there, it was like they were off and gone somewhere, actually this has happened a couple times, and it takes a long time fishing around in the ethers and calling to them before they show up.
This one still mystifies me, how is it that they can get so remote and gone from their body/mind? Fortunately they have all showed up eventually, but it's a messy thing as a Medium or Psychic to deal with for sure!

These are rarer stories, most peoples Higher Self, Guides and Angels are immediately present and eager to communicate, often the information almost coming to fast to deliver.

Since you feel this person was a fraud I'm sure the other people there at the event felt the same and you weren't the exception. I would contact whoever hosted it and tell them and add your voice to the others who've no doubt had similar experiences with this medium.
If you want to take it even higher you could report them to the Better Business Bureau or take them to Small Claims Court. In either of the last two scenario's it would be good to have others who've had a similar experience with the medium to validate your story with their own experiences, otherwise its just his word against your word.
Old 29-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Knower
Color Not all is as claimed

Hello
I am sorry that you have had a bad experience. I have studied this subject for many years and visited more "Mediums" than I can remember. The majority of them have been fake I am afraid to say. I am a true believer that this does exist but unfortunately many money grabbing charlatans give the gift a bad name. I am sick and tired of hearing the same old speeches when going to these people. Not only do they charge disgraceful fees claiming that they have to "live", they offer no original content often giving random generalisations that could apply to a plethora of people. As a 100% believer I am disgusted by it all. In my opinion a true spiritual medium (and they are out there) of compassion and real insight, would never dream of deceiving the vulnerable or charging so much money as they would have the knowledge of true spirituality which frowns upon this.
Don't give up hope finding that gem out there. I have come across a few in my time who have astounded me.
I think what happens a lot is this...Certain people have a gift in a small way and then choose to make it into more than it really is claiming they see more than they can really see, this is not true of everyone, as I say, I have studied this for years and set my own little tests on these people such as going in the room dressed a certain way....I can see what is going on, I have have certain abilities myself (that I would never dream of cashing in on)
Continue to search.