Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 12-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Seeker
Eating chocolate releases endorphins in your brain, the chemical which makes you feel happy so that is the reason why you get addicted to chocolate.

Addiction is hard to beat but maybe do something which also makes you happy so that you don't need the chocolate.
Old 27-11-2016, 07:55 AM
Experiencer
You can stop or start anything you want. It's just a matter of will. Anything else is an excuse. I'm not saying that's easy. Sorry if that's blunt but it's the truth in my opinion.
Old 27-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Master
Chocolate is just one of the many comfort foods that is also got its down side, with so much sugar and it has theobromine - "There is a persistent urban legend that Chocolate contains caffeine. It would seem that this rumor is based primarily on a confusion between two similar alkaloids: caffeine and Theobromine. Theobromine is the active ingredient in Chocolate and it occurs only in Cacao. The two stimulants are related and have a similar structures, but are very different chemicals with different properties, effects and origins. There are of course, some Chocolate products that have added caffeine, but it does not occur naturally in Chocolate."

So, you may be getting this caffeine-like kick and enjoying it a little too much!

Old 27-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith
You can stop or start anything you want. It's just a matter of will. Anything else is an excuse. I'm not saying that's easy. Sorry if that's blunt but it's the truth in my opinion.
Lilith, you are absolutely right, and I know you are, I just can't seem to do it!
Old 27-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Experiencer

Could well be, I don't know....
Old 28-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Ascender

Light Lady,

That reminds me of a colleague who loves tiramisu, but not just any tiramisu, only the one from a certain store. From time to time, she would have cravings for it, and would buy the whole cake and eat it all by herself. She's been doing that for years now, eating tiramisu only from that store.

Our cravings is trying to balance something inside us. Our likes and dislikes are balancing something inside us.

I used to have anxiety, and I snacked a lot. Now I don't, because I am more balanced.

Wanchain
Old 30-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light lady
Lilith, you are absolutely right, and I know you are, I just can't seem to do it!

You can, you just said it. The moment you decide you really want to change you will. I'm sure you'll do it when you'll feel ready, or something might rush you so you'd feel pushed into decision, which I think is a harder option. You'll figure it out and you'll laugh one day at your old self. This will look like the easiest thing you'd ever done. It's all in you, in your mind.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Have you tried having raw chocolate? it is more expensive but cacao is a superfood and comes with a host of health benefits. If you invest in it you can just have a few squares and feel satisfied. Adding cocoa/cacao powder to your porridge (if you eat it of course) is also great as it gives you that fix without all the sugar/dairy etc. Throw in some berries too! You don't have to cut it out, you can just find a healthier alternative.

Chocolate in its purest form is full of flavanoids which are great mood boosters. If you are having acid reflux it could just be the type you are buying aswell as the amount. So maybe try having less of it and see how that works for you. If it is just that you want something sweet there are many alternatives available, just listen to your body! I find that conventional supermarket chocolate gives me poor digestion but when I eat raw chocolate, my digestion is good. The quality makes a big difference.

You can also make a smoothie with banana, cocoa/cacao powder and a plant based milk (also a pure nut butter if you like it such as peanut or hazelnut) which is like a healthy milkshake!
Old 03-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Suspended
Guide

Chocolate is a mild stimulant w/caffeine & theobromine ...
Theobromine causes acid reflux ...
I take a magnesium supplement to the stop cravings from mineral deficiency ...
I can tolerate small amounts of dark chocolate ...
I can eat white chocolate all day long since it's technically not a chocolate ...
Lindor Truffles & Fererro Rocher are my favorites ...
As a substitute for chocolate, I eat &/or drink Carob w/no acid reflux issues ...
Carob is from an entirely different plant ...
It's yummy! ...
Hope this helps ...
Old 10-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Newbie ;)

I used to eat way too much chocolate too. (Still crave it) But I recently found a recipe to make "chocolate" pudding with avocados. Delicious.