Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-06-2014, 01:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
It's not religion that's negative. It's the negative associations we form about religion. Many of us have had bad experiences with it and so we think of it negatively. But experience is experience, neither good or bad (despite what it seems), and whilst I also have my own past negative associations with religion this doesn't mean I see religion as wrong or worthless or inferior It just wasn't for me, in this life.

Well.. it's easier to see from evangelicals because they're so open about it but I think trying to assert one's point of view as the only one is a universal experience, whether it's related to religion or spirituality or on how to tie ones shoe laces
I agree.

I've had positive and negative experiences with religion, but right now I'm having a positive experience with it. My advise if it's not working out is just find something else. It's not easy sometimes but I think if we stay true to ourselves we'll find something compatible. I think changing beliefs can be a process related to certain times in our lives where our minds are changing with age. I'm at a point where I don't have the ideas that I did when I was younger. It's funny how sometimes you can realize, if I was able to tell my past self what I believed and experienced now, I probably wouldn't have believed it or even understood it then.
Old 16-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Ecthalion

Double post.
Old 16-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
What does your common sense tell you in regards to this? Perhaps it is just another illusion..
My common sense tells me that there is no such thing as a Kundalini process.
I'm not trying to be disparaging. We all have our own beliefs, which others believe to be false. Whatever works for you is great.
What I object to is when someone (religious, atheistic, spiritual or whatever) says that their beliefs are true and anyone who disagrees is wrong.
Old 16-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
My common sense tells me that there is no such thing as a Kundalini process.
I'm not trying to be disparaging. We all have our own beliefs, which others believe to be false. Whatever works for you is great.
What I object to is when someone (religious, atheistic, spiritual or whatever) says that their beliefs are true and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Well Kundalini isn't a belief it's an experience, but regardless, trying to convince people of experiences and beliefs doesn't really work. In fact it just says more about the person trying to prove rather than the people they are trying to convince. And since I'm always mindful of any projection it's not somewhere I'm willing to go. I think as long as we're respectful of each other's paths as you are with mine, despite your reservations, then we can trust everyone is doing the thing that is best for them at that moment in time.
Old 16-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I agree.

I've had positive and negative experiences with religion, but right now I'm having a positive experience with it. My advise if it's not working out is just find something else. It's not easy sometimes but I think if we stay true to ourselves we'll find something compatible. I think changing beliefs can be a process related to certain times in our lives where our minds are changing with age. I'm at a point where I don't have the ideas that I did when I was younger. It's funny how sometimes you can realize, if I was able to tell my past self what I believed and experienced now, I probably wouldn't have believed it or even understood it then.

That's it really, just find something else that works for you better. I was brought up Christian, it didn't work for me, and I spent a while researching up different religions trying to fit myself into one, but then after a while I just realized religion wasn't for me. I'm not religious and I'm not atheistic, people in the outside world probably think I'm a heretic and a weird one at that. But I'm okay with that. It's my path.

Beliefs are always evolving and always changing. This has taught me not to cling onto my beliefs because I know that I could always be wrong. Future me will probably be a lot more aware than I am now, just like I am much more aware than I was ten years ago. And just realizing these things goes a long way in accepting what others believe, whether you are inclined to believe them or not. You don't have to believe someone's experience to accept their beliefs. But claiming that they are not going through the experience when you have no similar experience of your own to verify shows insecurity in the changeable nature of your own beliefs, imo
Old 16-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Master

Quote:
That's it really, just find something else that works for you better. I was brought up Christian, it didn't work for me, and I spent a while researching up different religions trying to fit myself into one, but then after a while I just realized religion wasn't for me. I'm not religious and I'm not atheistic, people in the outside world probably think I'm a heretic and a weird one at that. But I'm okay with that. It's my path.

Beliefs are always evolving and always changing. This has taught me not to cling onto my beliefs
It's good not to cling to anything too tightly in order to try to fill a void that's not being addressed inside of us. I think that happens all the time, like clinging to materialism or substances to fill some emptiness inside, which may be only something religion can fill. When I say religion in this context I just mean experiencing spiritual beliefs in a life changing way. It sounds like you didn't completely give up on it though, Kundalini comes from Eastern traditional religion as I'm sure you know and I've heard some good things about it, but haven't done it. I might though if I keep hearing positive things about it. I didn't stay in Christianity too long either and tried other things, now I follow some ancient Polynesian-based religious beliefs and practices which have turned out to be very positive for me. I think we'll find what we need if we just keep seeking, the universe will bring it to us.
Old 16-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It's good not to cling to anything too tightly in order to try to fill a void that's not being addressed inside of us. I think that happens all the time, like clinging to materialism or substances to fill some emptiness inside, which may be only something religion can fill. When I say religion in this context I just mean experiencing spiritual beliefs in a life changing way. It sounds like you didn't completely give up on it though, Kundalini comes from Eastern traditional religion as I'm sure you know and I've heard some good things about it, but haven't done it. I might though if I keep hearing positive things about it. I didn't stay in Christianity too long either and tried other things, now I follow some ancient Polynesian-based religious beliefs and practices which have turned out to be very positive for me. I think we'll find what we need if we just keep seeking, the universe will bring it to us.

Yep that's it. Clinging is just another unproductive way to try and fill inner emptiness.

Well.. I actually went through an atheistic stage before this whole Kundalini thing. I'd gotten fed up with all things religion and not knowing about spirituality back then I shut my mind off to my intuition that was telling me something more was out there. But then I met my Twin which kick-started my awakening and now look where I am This time last year I was a mess. As for you hearing good things about it.. well.. most of it feels awful It's really great in that it clears everything out the mind-body but I would suggest be careful if you start considering it. Pre-mature or forced awakenings can be lethal. This has been known to make people go crazy or even kill them. Just a warning. For me though I didn't really have much choice. It just happened. But I'm glad it did. I was meant to happen for me, you know?

Where did you come across these Polynesian practices? What do they entail? I'm actually pretty fascinated in religion of other cultures. Sounds like you've found something that works for you too though, which is great.
Old 17-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Where did you come across these Polynesian practices? What do they entail? I'm actually pretty fascinated in religion of other cultures. Sounds like you've found something that works for you too though, which is great.

Thanks. I learned about it from friends. I had a little experience with Hawaiian beliefs that were kind of similar, and then found out more from some people I knew. It's not really taught publicly, it's more based on a traditional family-type scenario.

I understand how spiritual practice can be uncomfortable as you're doing it. Things can come up that we didn't know were there. I appreciate that aspect of spiritual practice, because I want things to come up so they can be let go. After awhile you get used to it though and it start to be easier. To me, religion is something goes deep inside the soul/being and cleanses us. It's not always easy, if it was then it probably wouldn't be worth it.