Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: How useful is this information to you?
Extremely useful to me 8 53.33%
Somewhat useful to me 5 33.33%
Not at all useful to me 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Master
Fish March 25th/15: Self-Mastery = World Mastery

The "40 Days" began last night with an introductory talk focusing on how we can create change in our outer world most powerfully by creating change in our inner world. It made me think that while the Buddha spoke of ending suffering through detachment; and Jesus spoke of treating with suffering by offering love in return; Sri Vasudeva offers a third perspective (in addition to detachment and love), that is: using the meditative mind to transform suffering.

What I took from this talk is that mental self-mastery is the secret to transforming everyone and everything in the physical and astral worlds around me. This isn't about power and control BTW, it's really about love and surrender.

What is this "holding" he is talking about? The entire universe is an experience in the pure consciousness. We are emanations of pure consciousness. "I am That" We hold the physical body in some version of that pure consciousness yet what we experience in ordinary consciousness is that "I am the physical body" "I am the mind" "I am Joe" or whatever… Getting centered in that pure space is to be in the control room, in the space of power, the space of invincibility and maximum strength, joy, happiness.

Sri Vasudeva spoke of an ancient scientific formula of using the meditative mind, the silent mind, to transform people and situations that challenge us.

He spoke about Arjuna, a disciple of Dronacharyia the teacher of archery in ancient vedic scripture who, when he looked up into a tree for a bird to shoot with his arrow, saw only the eye of the bird, therefore he was able to hit a bullseye.

So too, when we can train the mind to focus so sharply on a goal, we have the first tool to effect change, a mental tool. This is a brow chakra quality.

Then the emotion comes into it, a heart chakra quality. When we have the intense curiosity and desire to achieve something, that is like the wings of the arrow giving it power.

Actually all seven of our chakras empower the arrow. We also need vitality from the navel chakra to give the arrow power and the power of the other chakras too (but I am getting ahead of myself - there are 40 days yet to come when this gets more fully explained).

The big idea I took from this is that in a new world we need to carry the consciousness of divinity in every moment, to treat with ourselves as divine beings and likewise every being in the world as divine also. For one to evolve through meditation, to become invincible and attain perfect peace, it has to become a moment to moment experience, not just a daily practice.

Quote:
"The more you hold your world favourably and with good wishes in your consciousness, the more your world will change"
~ Sri Vasudeva

My homework: To treat with everyone as a divine being held in pure consciousness as I strive towards moment-to-moment meditation.

Every day the talks will be uploaded for 1 day for free and can be accessed here.
Better yet watch it on the video archive (scroll down and scroll right) here
Old 27-03-2015, 01:51 AM
Master
Fish 3/26/15: the master within

Just sharing two things that stood out for me -

Quote:
"You are an energy being existing in an infinite field having a human experience in yet another lifetime. The goal of the meditation is really to become aware of that."
~ Sri Vasudeva
No comment. I just like this quote.

He also spoke a bit about accessing the master from our own inner space inside of us, awakening within us the same consciousness through which the master spoke because it's in us, everything is within us (paraphrasing here). You can access a true master's nonlocal awareness through your nonlocal awareness.

So what does this mean? It means that the master is fully identified with their energy being (as stated above). In fact the word "Guru" refers to the Kundalini, that part of us that is divine, that part of us that taps into an infinite field. So when we access awakened Kundalini, we simultaneously access all the true masters.

Because true masters are energy beings they don't have to be in physical bodies for us to access them.

My homework: is housework, to clean up my space, maybe light incense and a candle... invoking the masters to help me go deeper

Old 27-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Master
Fish 2/27/15: The Field Behind Form

I enjoyed an amazing guided meditation on Day 2 of the 40 Days that was focused on experiencing the Field of pure consciousness from which all forms (thoughts, emotions, the body) emanate. Here's a short exerpt from this morning's talk:
Quote:
Liberation in the consciousness of the individual soul is really to be aware of the Field behind the creative process and behind the constructs - to see the Field, to experience the Field.

The moment you do magic happens. Then you begin to see the play of life, you begin to see divine order. You begin to see the play of cause and effect. Then you'll begin to understand it's all a karmic play.

And we can change anything by changing the way we think, the way we posture, the way we intend. We can change anything. It all belongs to us. We can change the Field.

We are not paupers, we are not beggars. We own the Field of infinite peace, infinite love, infinite goodness...

~ Sri Vasudeva
I spend a great deal of time thinking thinking thinking so I'm really motivated to just let go in meditation... to enter that deep sleep state in meditation where my thoughts S L O W D O W N and I can just take a long hot bath in consciousness (((sigh))) it's been a while since I've been there.

Old 28-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Master
Fish 2/28/15 Day 3: Yogic-Taoist Combination Technique

Because Sri Vasudeva lives in the fullness of the consciousness, he is able to speak with authority about the 7 chakras that are our power tools in life - not the physical brain but the chakras, centers of energy and awareness, dimensions of being, that are responsibility for everything we do and experience.

Today's talk was an introduction to that but I will post a new thread in the Auras/Chakras section today about it and link to it HERE.

What excited me today was that in the guided meditation he incorporated a number of Yogic techniques with a Taoist neidan (inner alchemy) meditation technique called Microcosmic Orbit. You can google this and there is a UTube video out there by grandmaster Mantak Chia on how to do it using the power of breath and focus. It allows us to work on enlightenment and revitalizing the body at the same time. Sri Vasudeva is a very health conscious guru.

What he added was the yogic pranayama (breath control) technique of breathing in through the left/psychic/cooling nostril (the ida) while going down the front of the body during the orbit, and breathing out through the right/physical/heating nostril (the pingala) while going up the back of the body during the orbit.

For me this brought a whole new dimension of experience to the sitting meditation practice. I am already adding other yogic things to it like ujai breathing and root lock (pulling up the perineum in mula bandha), bringing the pranic/chi energy up and down the spine. So the combination of all these things makes for a very powerful meditation!

One tip: Definitely do this on an empty stomach!
Old 31-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Master
Fish 3/28/15 - Day 4: Experiencing your Essence through Relationships

I've fallen 2 days behind (easy to do when you're living outside of an ashram and have a busy schedule) but no matter, it's just a stretching out of the 40 Days :) One line stood out for me:
Quote:
All the purification that we do is simply to clear the mind so that the essence will come alive.
~ Sri Vasudeva (paraphrased)
This morning's talk is a reminder to me that purification of mind (what is called tapas in Sanskrit) is really about expansion, about opening up to all that we are, to our essence...and the really hard work for that IMHO is not done in sitting meditation but in our relationships mostly with other people (but of course also our relationship to our body cells, to our subtle bodies, to our planet, to situations especially karmic situations etc...).

To experience my essence my mind and heart need to become as light as a feather. This is probably the meaning of the ancient Egyptian idea of the soul's entry into the after life, where the god Maat puts the soul's heart on a weigh scale and compares it to a feather so the soul is able to enter heaven... heaven, essence, as light as a feather. A rock will fall but a feather will stay aloft.

Sri Vasudeva does not spend a lot of time talking about techniques of meditation except one, the technique of practicing mindful relationships with others.

He focuses on teaching us to become more aware of how centered we can stay AFTER meditation sessions whilst involved in relationships in the world (being in self-mastery in relationships). That's the really tricky part but that's where the real homework for meditation lies, and is probably the most reliable test of one's spirituality.

In relationships our mind and heart tends to contract and fall into familiar patterns...and then we've lost the benefits of the meditation. We then experience pain, sadness, victim consciousness. But when we open up to essence through relationships, interacting in relationships on a spiritual level or understanding them on a spiritual level, that's when our mind and heart expands so that next time we sit in meditation it is much easier, because there's less baggage to clear away.

Old 31-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Loving your posts, Uma.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Loving your posts, Uma.

Thanks Miss Hepburn... It's good for me, keeps me on track
Old 31-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Master
Fish 3/30/15 - Day 5 How Masters Help Us Back to Our Center

Well here I am again, I couldn't wait until tomorrow to contemplate yesterday's talk.

What I needed to hear from this talk was the reminder (boy I do need my reminders) to use the association with a master to re-center myself in my space of power.

This talk reminds me that I can use the tool of association with a master to tune into anyone who lives in a pure space, whether they are in a physical body or not. When I tune into their beautiful vibe it automatically re-centers me when I am too much in the mind.

There is another word for this - prayer! But no, you can do it using all the paths - meditation, devotion, studying scripture, selfless service to a master, martial arts... so many ways to make this connection.

So while this sounds so "religious" with all of its ritualistic connotations, this is really another scientific tool of meditation.

Everything that comes out of such beings is pure - their voice (spoken and written) carries that purity, as does their touch and their intention. That's why reading scripture can be so uplifting. When I listen or read something that comes from a space of purity, a wonderful energy/consciousness is transmitted through the words of the master, something that reminds me of the real me. It resets my focus back to my centre.

Sri Vasudeva compared real masters to people who are learned or think they are (like me) because the learned are stuck in a world of ideas, thinking, thinking, thinking... and that's still being involved in illusion - no matter how grand those ideas sound.

Quote:
"My relationship with a master was important because he was calling from a place of no illusion in his being,"
~ Sri Vasudeva, speaking of his own self-transformation in 1978
A real master, mystic or mahayogi does not even need to say anything to get that pure energy, that grace, to you - if you ask for it, if you are receptive to receiving it.

The Sanskrit word for this kind of transmission is shaktipat. He hasn't talked about it yet, but it's probably coming up.

I was going to post a picture of masters but instead here is a link to a website devoted to all kinds of spiritual leaders - take your pick: http://www.gurusfeet.com/

Old 02-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Master
Fish 3/31/15 - Day 6 Granthis - the Knots

On Day 6, my teacher spoke about the 3 spiritual knots (Sanskrit - granthis) that need to become untied in order to experience liberation (moksha).

Listed here, they are related to the 3 cosmic forces of Tantric philosophy - creation, preservation and destruction:

1. Brahma granthis (at the navel chakra), opens us to creative power.

2. Vishnu granthis (at the heart chakra), opens us to the power of preservation.

3. Rudra granthis (at the brow chakra), liberates all those dark seeds that are in the consciousness as patterns stored there.

The Vishnu one can be opened at will. All you need do is to express and be open to compassion and loving kindness.

The others only open when you get "excited".

They represent profound stages in spiritual evolution. The last one is the toughest because it deconstructs the ego at its very roots.

Quote:
Grace is always with you.
~ Sri Vasudeva
Old 02-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Master

Hello Uma,

There is much that is useful in this thread, including your example of a constructive self-giving.
Thank you.

~ J