Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 02-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Knower

Is channelling real?

I am a little undecided on the theory of channelling.
I recently listened to a couple of the Kryon channellings, and they seemed very much like someone trying to hypnotise those listening, ala the cults that have caused many issues in the past.

Any thoughts or experiences with channellling would be appreciated.
Also, can anyone give an example of anything at all EVER that has been channelled and since proven accurate.

Thanks

FS
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favourite Son
I am a little undecided on the theory of channelling.
I recently listened to a couple of the Kryon channellings, and they seemed very much like someone trying to hypnotise those listening, ala the cults that have caused many issues in the past.

Any thoughts or experiences with channellling would be appreciated.
Also, can anyone give an example of anything at all EVER that has been channelled and since proven accurate.

Thanks

FS

Accounts given in response to this enquiry would still need to be checked for authenticity - you can't always rely on folks' honesty...

Better yet would be to research the total situation for yourself to see what you personally feel about the matter.

Useful starting points you might wish to consider could be to clearly define for yourself exactly what you see as channelling, who carries that out, where the information is channelled from and how valuable any such information might be if it could be authenticated.

What do you think?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Accounts given in response to this enquiry would still need to be checked for authenticity - you can't always rely on folks' honesty...

Better yet would be to research the total situation for yourself to see what you personally feel about the matter.

Useful starting points you might wish to consider could be to clearly define for yourself exactly what you see as channelling, who carries that out, where the information is channelled from and how valuable any such information might be if it could be authenticated.

What do you think?

My question was based on my limited research.

From what I have come across though, I don't really believe it as far as getting people to believe the channeller.
In the case of Kryon for example, there are several people now who channel this entities messages. All sound like a hypnosis session
None of them are proven in any way.

Many cults of the past would fit into the same category, where the "channeller"/ leader was told something noone else was. They then convinced many others to believe- without any evidence and in many cases hand over money, freedom, and eventually their lives.

As I say, I am not totally convinced either way, but a logical person would have to be very wary of any "channelled" messages?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 AM
mac

Quote:
My question was based on my limited research.

From what I have come across though, I don't really believe it as far as getting people to believe the channeller.
In the case of Kryon for example, there are several people now who channel this entities messages. All sound like a hypnosis session
None of them are proven in any way.

Many cults of the past would fit into the same category, where the "channeller"/ leader was told something noone else was. They then convinced many others to believe- without any evidence and in many cases hand over money, freedom, and eventually their lives.

As I say, I am not totally convinced either way, but a logical person would have to be very wary of any "channelled" messages?

Seems like my suggestions - working systematically through basic points - didn't appeal to you then....?

If you don't nail those fundamental issues I doubt you'll make any meaningful progress.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Seems like my suggestions - working systematically through basic points - didn't appeal to you then....?

If you don't nail those fundamental issues I doubt you'll make any meaningful progress.
I am sorry, did I misunderstand you?

I thought I addressed your suggestions?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
mac

Quote:
I am sorry, did I misunderstand you?

I thought I addressed your suggestions?

I guess we see this matter differently. Perhaps, though, I've failed to make myself clear.

What is channelling? Perhaps the most important question of the four?

Who carries that out? I don't mean just the Kryon stuff you mentioned - channelling is much more widespread than that.... The aspect of historical cults is just that - history - what about now? What about non-cult stuff?

Where is the information channelled from? Absolutely fundamental to deciding its authenticity...

What might the value be of channelled stuff? Why? How would you then authenticate it?

I've posed the same questions of myself and put them to those who claim to 'channel'.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I guess we see this matter differently. Perhaps, though, I've failed to make myself clear.

What is channelling? Perhaps the most important question of the four?

Who carries that out? I don't mean just the Kryon stuff you mentioned - channelling is much more widespread than that.... The aspect of historical cults is just that - history - what about now? What about non-cult stuff?

Where is the information channelled from? Absolutely fundamental to deciding its authenticity...

What might the value be of channelled stuff? Why? How would you then authenticate it?

I've posed the same questions of myself and put them to those who claim to 'channel'.
Firstly,
My question was a legitimate one, not a loaded one.
What is channelling? well that is I guess the whole crux of the question isn't it? Is it it real or is it a delusion?
Who carries it out? I don't know?
Where is it channelled from? well that is a great question that falls into the same bracket as the first question?

What might the value be? If channelling is legit the info is of enormous value. Time is the only thing I guess that can legitimately authenticate a channelling I think.
Hence my question,
Has anything, ever, that has been channelled been proven to be correct and accurate???
I am sure something has, given all the channellings of the past, so can someone post something???
Of those that have been accurate what % are we looking at??

To put it another way, if I was looking at following a channeller, what has ever been produced to suggest it was not just another insane cult?????
Old 02-12-2010, 12:06 PM
mac

[quote=Favourite Son]Firstly,
My question was a legitimate one, not a loaded one. Did you think that mine was? I ask of others only what I ask of myself.
What is channelling? well that is I guess the whole crux of the question isn't it? Is it it real or is it a delusion? If you recall that was what I suggested you might address for yourself.... Of course it may be delusion but if you don't have a definition, how can you judge what you're hearing? If it's not delusion, then what do you understand it to be?
Who carries it out? I don't know? That's not hard to answer - all manner of individuals claim to be channelling all manner of sources - it's not as you seem to believe, simply a cult situation...
Where is it channelled from? well that is a great question that falls into the same bracket as the first question? Hence my suggestion that you might want to sort out on a personal level what you think channelling is in the first place....I'm totally clear on the matter but you are the one uncertain about this issue.

What might the value be? If channelling is legit the info is of enormous value. Time is the only thing I guess that can legitimately authenticate a channelling I think. Really? You haven't sorted out the rest and yet you are concluding that channelling is, quote: "of enormous value". How do you figure that....?
Hence my question,
Has anything, ever, that has been channelled been proven to be correct and accurate???
I am sure something has, given all the channellings of the past, so can someone post something??? OK then - what of those whose channelled info. is primarily for their personal guidance? Would you accept that the particular individual's assessment is adequate 'proof' - and now we're into defining proof...
Of those that have been accurate what % are we looking at??

To put it another way, if I was looking at following a channeller, what has ever been produced to suggest it was not just another insane cult????? You're referring again to a cult but channelling is not specific to cults.... There are many individuals who claim to channel - and now we've gone full circle.

That's why I suggested the initial points to begin to get a grasp of the situation.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Ladofthelight

I hope I am not interrupting something here? :-)

Channeling is a very broad and ambiguous topic.

I certainly "believe" in its existence. I have received personal channelings that cut directly to the core of my being. The "channeler" had no way of knowing the things she said to me.

In my scientific mind, I view channelings as broadcasts. I believe channelers can "tune in" to the frequency and translate into a format that others can understand.

There may be a "broadcast" that gets sent out to the collective consciousness, and some are able to tune into it.

I think we are all capable of "channeling" to a certain degree... Oftentimes I will find myself "automatically" writing or speaking about something. It is coming from somewhere. The inner/higher self? Somewhere else? I do not know, but I do know how accurate it can be when it is geared towards a specific person with a specific question or problem.

Though, the importance of authenticity is of varying degree from person to person. Some channeled messages speak of using discernment. Some messages resonate with me and others do not.

At the end of the day there is no 100% way to "prove" any of it, thus a little bit of faith/belief will enter into the realm.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Neville

Channeling is real to those that believe in it and complete and utter hogwash to those that do not.

That's about the size of it really.