Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 09-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Master
Of course, it could be that fear in forests is a race memory of a time when there was real danger in the forests.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
I've heard that they only effect the Irish? At least the Banshee does, I've heard.

The Banshee might come from (or just be associated with) the Greek and Norse ideas of the fates: Moira, Norns, and disir. These tribes had this idea that all of their women would sort of stick around after dying to "mother" the future generations. So, their ghosts would be the ones guiding the lives of the tribespeople, attending their births (you know the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty, where the fairies came to the princesses' birth and gave her gifts and then curses? That might have come from the "ancestral mothers" tradition--the faeries might have been dead human beings.)

Long answer short: Nah, I don't see why they should only affect Irish people, or only European people for that matter. If a great-times-infinity grandmother is worries enough about her descendants has something to say, then she will. It might be an old Celtic cultural concern that the Banshee originally seemed to be a warning of people who would die in battle, which is why their visions of them are of washing bloody clothing at rivers.

It might be scary in the sense of "Oh I don't want to die in battle tomorrow because that will probably hurt" but it's sweet in the sense of that there's someone old and wise who cares enough to be waiting on a person during the harsh transition from life to afterlife. Even if the appearance is less "granny" and more "eek crypt keeper!"

Quote:
A healer? Like a psychic?

Psychic healer, probably--or, this can be something that you can do yourself, if you're so inclined. All in your own time, however it will come.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Master

I love walking in forests. They are beautiful. The only forests where I can feel any fear while being in, are city parks at night. Because the worst thing a moose in the wilderness can do to me. is kill me to protect its calf. In the city parks there are people.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:16 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
So they occur on different astral planes?
The point is they are in a different plane, not in our considered "real" world/reality/dimension. So, NO - they can't really get to you. Rest assured.
& even if you get into their plane, they can only do so much if you let them/give them power to.
If you ever find yourself in a dream with them(while you are still not ready to deal with them),
all you have to do is tell them to GET LOST!
and think of somewhere else you'd rather be. Always works.

*Actually, you can also do something to them, too. So, on the face of one of these things, the good question to ask is
What do I do this thing instead?

As for Banshees who are only known to wail, not eat people,
if you hear one, tell it to go away to wail somewhere else and how terrible it sounds if ever you hear one.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Ascender

Tell them to go away and it'll work? I'll be safe and sound?
Old 10-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Ascender

Quote:
So they occur on different astral planes? Even if I do think more about these beings, they can't get me, because they exist on a different astral plane?

Yes.

Quote:
Does this essentially mean that other characters from movies, TV shows, books, etc. exist on a different astral plane?

Maybe.

Quote:
Lately I've been getting scared of "mythological" beings in general. I really love Jack Frost, ever since I was little, I used to watch the Claymation special they had on TV and I had a crush on him Well yesterday I decided to do some more research on him and I found out that if you insult him, he freezes you to death!

Or perhaps people froze to death because of the cold, and had a tendency to put faces and personalities to natural phenomenon. The fact that cold is less of a threat to many people now, means that he merely does some "nipping at your nose" in yule season carols.

Also: Rise of the Guardians. Back to whether fictional beings can be spiritually real, those who believe that they can have two main theories:

1. We are the creators of these beings, because we put personalities and faces to natural phenomenon. Or,

2. These beings have always existed, and our tendency to be inspired with "fictions" about these things...are actually spirit trickling into daily lives.

So, since Jack Frost was portrayed and interpreted as a trickster who brings joy and laughter in times of hopelessness, to fight the darkness, perhaps that's what he is now: the divine attendant spirit of people who have the privilege of warm coats and heaters during the winter, for whom snow and frost means fun, lights, decorations, and gifts.

Quote:
Even the mention of the Banshee on this thread, freaked me out too. I don't understand why! I was never so scared of these creatures, maybe as a child, but even so I feel more scared now! I'm 20 years old, I feel like I'm acting like a child by fearing these beings.

If you think of the Banshee as your great-grandmother, does it get better? You might not even meet a Banshee if you great-grandmother decided to reincarnate instead. Lots of people don't.

Quote:
Tell them to go away and it'll work? I'll be safe and sound?

If you doubt yourself, it won't work, because those words come from a place of self-empowerment. And since you're asking, I'm guessing that you'll doubt that it works even if we all said yes.

If you meet something like that, I would just ask it why it was there. Sometimes they're just passing by and won't hurt you. Other times they sense your fear but don't expect you to have a strong opinion against their being there.

If you strengthen your opinion that you should be left alone, then this will have a spiritual effect.

Still other times, they stick around. The Slenderman, for example...Could you possibly have a fear of "losing face" or becoming anonymous, that is represented by The Slenderman?
Old 10-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Mind's Eye

I never heard of the Slender Man before... but I just did a bunch of reading online about it.

I live in the woods too... and all I can say is; I don't believe a word of it!

Sure there are strange beings and creatures out there that we don't know about; and the Slender Man fits the description of half a dozen or more creatures and aliens from mythology. So I would say if these things were going to get us, heck, we're not even safe in our own homes! Maybe that was bad to say... but

I'm not too worried about it, and I don't think any of us should be. If I see a Slender Man hanging around in my backyard; I'll show no fear... I'll stalk him with the intent to have him for dinner. What will he do then? No fear, no victim?

Negative entities feed on fear and negativity; if we don't give them that, they got no ammo.

And besides all that... Slander Man was made up and is a fictional character.

I would be more worried about those darn Grey aliens!!!! Only kidding

Peace
Old 11-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Of course, it could be that fear in forests is a race memory of a time when there was real danger in the forests.

That's exactly what I was also thinking. Great swathes of land, in far-off times, were forested, and those were dangerous places then.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Ascender

@Albalida, good point! I didn't want to think of Jack Frost as evil, it really bothered me when I found out he froze people to death. But yes, perhaps modern interpretations of the story makes the being change with time?
Well I suppose that would make the Banshee better. Is that often what she is, or are you just saying that to help me?
I do doubt myself. I'm not very empowered, and perhaps that's why I let these things get to me. I'm very unsure about a lot of things.
I do have a fear of forgetting who I am or thinking I'm someone else. Well I more so used to have that fear, that became an obsession, and grew into compulsions. I do have OCD, so I tend to dwell on the what ifs of situations and become freaked out by them. But yeah at that time I was basically just finding out that one of my family members had gender identity disorder, and perhaps that clung onto my subconscious in some way?

@Mind's Eye, strangely your response did help somewhat haha. Just the fact that you live in the forest and that you're not scared, makes me want to have that kind of courage.

@Tobi, it could be that perhaps.

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of Rainforest Café, but it's a restaurant here in the states. The atmosphere is like a rainforest, and they have audio-animatronic animals there. I was never bothered by it before but this time I was. Two days ago, my parents and I went there, and I was really excited to go there. Until I saw the animals and I got really scared. I didn't really show it because I didn't want to sound like a scaredy-cat. I was never scared of the restaurant as a child, or even earlier this year in May, when we went to the restaurant. I don't understand why now I'm scared of so many things.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
If you think of the Banshee as your great-grandmother, does it get better? You might not even meet a Banshee if you great-grandmother decided to reincarnate instead. Lots of people don't

It's nice to try to make someone feel better, but isn't better to know the truth?
A Bean Sidhe is a spirit woman who warns of an impending death - she's a messenger from the Otherworld. Bean Sidhes can be attached to particular families.

Some people feel she is an ancestral female and many people, especially in Ireland, believe the Bean Sidhe is a woman of the fairy mounds. They are widely known in Scotland and Northern England, too.